Lightly

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Easy track for easy listening :)
Includes elements of downtempo, acoustic, jazz
Also, I would be glad to hear your opinion, ideas, or maybe a critical approach

https://soundcloud.com/artemgstuff/lightly

My Feedback

Had to turn it off almost immediately. The tremolo back and forth between the speakers on headphones is murder.

Get rid of it and I'll listen to the track.

Last edited by jacqueslacouth on Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jacqueslacouth wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 11:08 am I actually really liked the stereo width and movement in this mix. I was listening through my monitors which sit pretty close to my listening position and I actually found myself enjoying the sensation of space and movement through the track. I did find myself, however, waiting for something more to happen and the track could certainly afford to be longer with some additional structures, but all in all, I really liked the vibe. :tu:
Monitors and headphones are two completely different things. Try headphones and see how much you like it.

Last edited by jacqueslacouth on Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

/wishes he owned headphones.

vurt wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 12:08 pm /wishes he owned headphones.
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

Sounds good. Stereo FX do not seem excessive. Rather common "classic" pre midi Rhodes stereo tremolo plus some stereo echo and stereo phaser.

Very pleasant for what it is. Not everything has to be a big production number.

Reminds of the numerous little segway earworm snips used by USA NPR (natl pubic ratio). Nice little earworm grooves with no motion or chord development but interesting enough for the 15 seconds or whatever the silly thing gets airplay before some idiot announcer starts talking over the clip.

I mean, depending on the purpose of the track it might even be perfect looped for minutes on end with no further development.

For instance it might be a perfect pleasant pad behind a long detailed how-to video. Or a good telephone on hold music loop. In such uses, excessive musical development might become distracting, counter productive to the porpoise?

However for a tune intended for a human to sit down and pay attention to it for several minutes then maybe a little more melodic and harmonic development could help hold attention? At least for "repeat listens", rather than listen once then never again because after the first listen you already fully grokked the loop?

Even then depends on listener mood. Set and setting. Time of day. Have noticed that long after midnight with a proper tequila titration, very simple repetitive earworm ditties can become endlessly fascinating. :)

Good job!

Quite pleasant. Getting late afternoon summery vibes from this. It doesn't really develop but perhaps it doesn't need to.

I thought the drums and bass were slightly too loud for this kind of mellow piece.

I enjoyed it! As others have stated it could use some more interest. I was thinking of maybe a dramatic break of descending chords that interrupts the mood and then a return to it.

Return to “Music Cafe”