Ever wanted to learn C++ to create VST plugins? [Free Kindle eBook download for a limited time]

DSP, Plugin and Host development discussion.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

In preparation for our first VST plugin course release, Audio Dev is giving away a free Kindle eBook on the basics of C++, which is the programming language used for coding audio plugins.

Book description:

There are plenty of books about programming, but most of them focus on a specific programming language only, or assume previous experience as a developer. This makes it hard to find a good book to start your self-study, especially if you are a beginner and you are not yet 100% sure what your programming language of choice will be.

Just for that purpose, we created the “Let's talk Code” series, meant to teach you the basic coding concepts all programming languages share. Every edition of this series follows the same simple step-by-step learning-method, but uses a different programming language for demonstration purposes. This didactic concept allows you to quickly learn the basics of coding, using a wide range of different programming languages. Also, the consistent nature of the different editions allows you to quickly compare languages, or to easily change the focus of your self-study to a different language. It’s simply a great place to start when you are new to coding!

Get your free download from Amazon until Saturday the 13th July from the following link: https://www.amazon.com/Lets-talk-Code-p ... 07K35XPQ6/

Feel free to ask us any questions about Audio Dev, here or on our social media pages:
https://www.instagram.com/audiodevacademy/
https://www.facebook.com/AudioDevAcademy/

To read an eBook from Amazon on mobile and desktop, you can download the Kindle reader from the Amazon website where it says "Read with our Free App"

Joe
Audio Dev Academy - from JD Young and Yuri Guerin
-----------------------------------------------------------
audiodev.io Instagram Facebook

The Amazon App says it’s 45 pages long and that I need ‘KindleUnlimited’ to read it, is that correct?
* Never mind I got it by logging in through Safari, in iOS. Still only 45 pages long though.

quikquak wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 10:20 am The Amazon App says it’s 45 pages long and that I need ‘KindleUnlimited’ to read it, is that correct?
* Never mind I got it by logging in through Safari, in iOS. Still only 45 pages long though.
I'm glad you were able to download it...Is 45 pages too short for you? The book is an introduction and we're planning more eBooks which will expand on this topic, as well as forthcoming courses which interested users will be able to sign up to. So a lot more in the pipeline!

Stay tuned on our social media pages for more:

https://www.instagram.com/audiodevacademy/
https://www.facebook.com/AudioDevAcademy/

Joe

45 pages of a 1200 page book? It’s that you gave the impression it was the whole book.

quikquak wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 3:27 pm 45 pages of a 1200 page book? It’s that you gave the impression it was the whole book.
Where does it say 1200 pages? Amazon lists this as 45 pages long.

Edit: cheers for this gift of course.

Thanks Joe, gonna be an interesting read :tu:

It lists the page numbers but skips loads when you try and read it. Well it does here, anyhow.

And if one does not have Kindle and does not care about it at all ?

Can't download from germany Kindle stuff only available from amazon.de they say. Thanks anyway.
Intel® Core™ i9-9900K•Cubase 11•Presonus Eris E8 XT•Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 & Octopre•NI Kontrol S61 MK2•Stein­berg CC121•Synthesizers: Arturia Casio Korg Roland Yamaha

xalama qo wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:49 pm Thanks Joe, gonna be an interesting read :tu:
Thanks xalama go,

I hope you do find it an interesting read.

Joe

quikquak wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 7:59 am It lists the page numbers but skips loads when you try and read it. Well it does here, anyhow.
Hi Quikquak, do you still have this issue with the eBook?

mevla wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 3:48 pm And if one does not have Kindle and does not care about it at all ?
If one does not have Kindle - Amazon have a free Kindle reader app.
If one does not care about it at all - I can recommend another one of our books on another topic of code, what is your interest?

Best,
Joe

mladi wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 4:01 pm Can't download from germany Kindle stuff only available from amazon.de they say. Thanks anyway.
Hi mladi,

I'm sorry you experienced this issue. Have you tried contacting Amazon with regards to it? Unfortunately we only have very limited control over what we can do on the site.

Joe

AudioDevAcademy wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 10:03 am If one does not have Kindle - Amazon have a free Kindle reader app. If one does not care about it at all - I can recommend another one of our books on another topic of code, what is your interest?
Do you have a list ?

Cheers.

mevla wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 11:48 am
AudioDevAcademy wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 10:03 am If one does not have Kindle - Amazon have a free Kindle reader app. If one does not care about it at all - I can recommend another one of our books on another topic of code, what is your interest?
Do you have a list ?

Cheers.
Absolutely mevla, Audio Dev Academy have five available books available at the moment. You can check out the list on Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/JD-Young/e/B07V1 ... t_ebooks_1

Let me know if you have more questions.

Joe

Return to “DSP and Plugin Development”