Cubase User Presets Location Q

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,

Is there a way to save user presets to a custom folder/place other than where Cubase saves them?Which is deep buried on system drive.
I use desktop and a laptop and I just want one common folder on my external drive for them so I can access them without copying the new ones all the time between machines.

In Ableton I can drag the presets wherever I want, in Studio One I can export them to a folder of my choice, but I couldn't find a way in Cubase which I have to use for a collabration.

Cubase Pro10/Mac Mojave

Thanks
A.

What do you mean by user presets?
What parameters?
rsp
sound sculptist

zvenx wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 11:09 pm What do you mean by user presets?
What parameters?
rsp
Track Presets, instrument presets.
So for example I load an instance of Kontakt and load a patch from a library and save it as a track preset to a custom location. So I can access it when I open up my project on my other computer without having to find it on system drive then copying to external drive and then pasting to the system drive location of the other computer.

lol. just found this from 2015
tehlord wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2015 6:01 pm I have come to the conclusion that once you save something in a Steinberg product it goes to a special place that only 3 people have ever known about.

They call it Dark Storage.

It exists, but nobody can prove it exists.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”