Free Tempo Note Sequencer VST ?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,
I'm looking for a way to loop a sequence of midi notes for which the tempo can be adjusted independently of the DAW's master tempo and continuously adjustable (no fractions of the master clock like 1/1, 1/2, 1/4 etc.)
I'm sure there is some VST note-sequencer with free tempo, do you know of one?
If there is another way to achieve the same without a dedicated VST just let me know.

I got inspired by Propellerhead's Reason where you can plug the LFO's output signal of some synth into the gate input of another synth/sampler to trigger notes whenever the LFO reaches it's maximum value. Not so easy in other DAWs I feel.

Thanks for any thoughts!
Kind regards,
Stefan

maybe mention which DAW you're using in case it's possible without needing a VST?

AUTO-ADMIN: Non-MP3, WAV, OGG, SoundCloud, YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter and Facebook links in this post have been protected automatically. Once the member reaches 5 posts the links will function as normal.
onerob wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 5:16 pm Maybe this? It's free.

<span class="skimlinks-unlinked">https://www.fullbucket.de/music/sequencair.html</span (https://www.fullbucket.de/music/sequencair.html%3C/span)>
Thanks. I like it, has a nice touch. If there were one where the free tempo can go higher up than in this one that would be cool.
psynical wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 12:39 am maybe mention which DAW you're using in case it's possible without needing a VST?
I'm mostly using ableton live these days, thinking it might be possible with Max4Live but then I'm not good with that. I also have reaper installed and would be interested in getting it to work in there.

Is anyone using Bitwig? I think with their modulators and all it should be easily doable, any experience anyone?

stefan999 wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 6:20 pm If there were one where the free tempo can go higher up than in this one that would be cool.
Just ask Bjorn (the developer) about it. He's very open to feature requests and suggestions.
CrimsonWarlock aka TechnoGremlin, using Reaper and a fine selection of freeware plugins.

Ragnarök VST-synthesizer co-creator with Full Bucket

hmm, yeah i was looking for a similar thing recently when i wanted to try and reproduce Fugue Machine in Ableton.
No luck yet, but i did come up with some really interesting techniques along the way!

For example:
https://earthsworld.bandcamp.com/track/ ... piano-no-9

psynical wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 10:38 pm hmm, yeah i was looking for a similar thing recently when i wanted to try and reproduce Fugue Machine in Ableton.
No luck yet, but i did come up with some really interesting techniques along the way!

For example:
https://earthsworld.bandcamp.com/track/ ... piano-no-9

I think 4play in Trick Traps should do the job. http://sonicfaction.com/products/ableto ... nstruments
Musicmaker: "I'm playing all the right notes, but not neccesarily in the right order" Eric Morecame : Comedy Bhoddisatva

crimsonwarlock wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 4:38 am
stefan999 wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 6:20 pm If there were one where the free tempo can go higher up than in this one that would be cool.
Just ask Bjorn (the developer) about it. He's very open to feature requests and suggestions.
Yupp, in the new SequencAir version 1.0.6 you can set the tempo up to 960bpm. :ud:

Cheers, Björn

Full Bucket wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 2:08 pm
crimsonwarlock wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 4:38 am
Yupp, in the new SequencAir version 1.0.6 you can set the tempo up to 960bpm. :ud:

Cheers, Björn
Not fast enough :ud: :D
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

Halonmusic wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:32 pm Not fast enough :ud: :D
:smack: :tantrum:

:D :D :D :D
CrimsonWarlock aka TechnoGremlin, using Reaper and a fine selection of freeware plugins.

Ragnarök VST-synthesizer co-creator with Full Bucket

crimsonwarlock wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 7:01 am
Halonmusic wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:32 pm Not fast enough :ud: :D
:smack: :tantrum:

:D :D :D :D
:lol:
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

If I only could find my „Smilies for Dummies“ book, I didn‘t finish reading it...
:help: :zzz: :troll:

stefan999 wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 6:20 pm Is anyone using Bitwig? I think with their modulators and all it should be easily doable, any experience anyone?
Within the Grid it should not be too difficult, but then you need to keep your sounds within as well, because there is no Midi out to drive other VSTs. Not too much of a drawback, the sampler is in the Grid as well...
In Max4Live it should not be too hard to implement either. I could make you a patch, but I don‘t have Live to test it...

Return to “Effects”