Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Uncle E wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 5:07 pm
DjRubble wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 4:46 pm Hi UncleE, just got email from JRR saying that Soundtoys stuff all on sale, with extra discounts at cart. I tried chucking some bits in my cart and the only discount being applied was the listed amount off, nor would coupon code FORUM give an extra 10%. Is this correct? as the ad on email and on featured special clearly states extra discount in cart
Thank you for alerting me about this. The discounts are now working.
No worries, im teetering on wether I can afford anymore bloody plugins this summer xD

DjRubble wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 5:32 pm No worries, im teetering on wether I can afford anymore bloody plugins this summer xD
Soundtoys is currently giving us much bigger margin on the Echo Pack than they do on most sale products, that's why our in-cart discount is much bigger for it than any of the others. If they raise the cost (for example, if it turns out it was a mistake), our in-cart discount will also change. I mention this because I'm really expecting that to happen.

Just a heads up for anyone who saw the Focusrite Scarlett deals on Amazon, those old models are getting blown out and you'll be able to find them very cheap soon. Even at the lower prices, I recommend getting the new version, it's worth if for that Air switch on the preamps.

Fleer wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 11:09 am
JerGoertz wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 7:03 am How much is that doggie in the window?
You can't take a goldfish for a walk
Yes, but they both have waggly tails.

(I do hope that doggie's for sale.)
A well-behaved signature.

If you were looking to upgrade to an SSD, Newegg has the EVO860 500GB and 1TB at the lowest I've seen.

https://www.newegg.com/samsung-860-evo- ... 147674-S0B

If you've seen them cheaper elsewhere, let me know because I've got my finger on a 1TB atm.
...and the electron responded, "what wall?"

MasterTuner wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 5:25 pm
Mathematics wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 3:08 am
Hi, I am seeing Scaler at $49 USD on pluginboutique. It this a decent price discount for it or has anyone seen it for less?
I got it for about $35 (28GBP) in December '18 and this is probably the lowest it might go.
Right at the very beginning it was $29 but its been developed a lot.

Caution: I think they working on bringing out Scaler 2.0 and they will charge for that leap from 1.x to 2.0. They have a scaler forum where you can pose questions about that.
https://forum.scalerplugin.com/
Ugh...decisions. :)
...and the electron responded, "what wall?"

Hi Gang

I'm looking to buy some gear costing over 500 Euro from Thomann I'm in UK and will be paying in GBP
Thomann have the following options for payment:
Paypal
Credit Card
Bank Transfer
Which would be the most cost effective way regarding the GBP to Euro conversion rate and fees?

Thanks.

Usually credit card as long as it does not charge foreign transaction fees. You need to make sure the you have one without those.
LoopyFruit wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 9:26 pm Hi Gang

I'm looking to buy some gear costing over 500 Euro from Thomann I'm in UK and will be paying in GBP
Thomann have the following options for payment:
Paypal
Credit Card
Bank Transfer
Which would be the most cost effective way regarding the GBP to Euro conversion rate and fees?

Thanks.
Follow me on Youtube for videos on spatial and immersive audio production.

Many thanks mgw38 …… much appreciated

Mathematics wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 8:33 pm If you were looking to upgrade to an SSD, Newegg has the EVO860 500GB and 1TB at the lowest I've seen.

If you've seen them cheaper elsewhere, let me know because I've got my finger on a 1TB atm.
Holy hell! That’s less than 1/3 of what I paid for mine less than 2 years ago.

masterhiggins wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 10:34 pm
Mathematics wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 8:33 pm If you were looking to upgrade to an SSD, Newegg has the EVO860 500GB and 1TB at the lowest I've seen.

Holy hell! That’s less than 1/3 of what I paid for mine less than 2 years ago.
Amazon has it for the same price. If you have an Amazon rewards card you get 6% back today.

mgw38 wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 10:38 pm Amazon has it for the same price. If you have an Amazon rewards card you get 6% back today.
I just read your great blog on the Audeze Mobius. What do you think of Abbey Road Studio 3?

Uncle E wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 11:05 pm
mgw38 wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 10:38 pm Amazon has it for the same price. If you have an Amazon rewards card you get 6% back today.
I just read your great blog on the Audeze Mobius. What do you think of Abbey Road Studio 3?
Thanks!

I did not yet have a lot of time playing with it. My initial impression was that it is a substantial improvement over the plain NX plugin when it comes to surround sound. It really feels like you are in a well treated surround sound mixing room. Much better soundstage than NX. But you absolutely need to use it with the head tracking system and it only really makes sense for surround sound mixing.

For stereo work it is a bit of a gimmick. You can never really recreate the exact sound of a particular studio with headphones. But what you can do is simulate the crossfeed of the surround sound speakers in a well treated mixing room. And this is what it does really well. There currently is no other solution on the market that does that. Unfortunately, Waves' marketing message is way off, so people obsess about the things it can't do instead of the things it is good at.

If they add a version with 7.1.4 or at least 7.1.2 Atmos support, this would be an absolute killer imho. With true immersive audio/Ambisonics, on the other hand, it is a different story. Because the Ambisonics format is agnostic with respect to the geometry of the speaker array, simulating a real mixing room would not make any sense at all. Ambisonics support would therefore be useless here. That is what NX is for.

So, if you are doing 5.1 or 7.1 surround for film/TV the Abbey Road Studio 3 is a must have imho. I would seriously drool over a 7.1.2 or 7.1.4 capable version. If you are doing immersive audio for games or AR/VR you are much better off with NX. And if you are doing stereo only, it is a bit of a toy. A cool toy, but a toy nonetheless.

Does anyone have any or all of Plugin Alliance's June sales e-mails still in their email account? If so, please PM me and I can make it worth your while.

noizdawg wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 4:37 am Does anyone have any or all of Plugin Alliance's June sales e-mails still in their email account? If so, please PM me and I can make it worth your while.
I have 14 emails from them. I'll PM you, no need to make it worth my while.

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”