SynthMaster One v1.3 Alpha - Cloud Based Preset Sharing, New White Skin, better Microtuning/Scales

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
SynthMaster One

Just downloaded and installed the 1.2.3 alpha and played with it.
The Windows UI fix is BIG, SM1 feels really smooth now and it's a pleasure to turn knobs !
Now as for the satYatunes white skin, I don't like it as much as the blue one. (knobs don't really pop out from the white background, color scheme is a bit confusing...)

On a side note, I noticed I can't play notes with my computer keyboard on Live 10 when the plugin window is active (can't play notes anymore after I turn a knob, I need to click on the Live 10 window to play again).

Also have some suggestions :
- I have recently found out that you can control how fast you increment knob by clicking, moving your cursor away horizontally, then drag up or down. I really like this feature since I find SM1 knobs to move too quick, and would appreciate to be able to do the same with enveloppe faders

- Enveloppe display feels oddly scaled ? I don't remember it behaving that way in 1.2.2

- Any plans on reworking the browser section ? It feels a tad unbalanced with a very narrow authors column and a wide bank column. Maybe you could get the Products section its own window to make space for the browser section ?

- A bigger arpeggiator would be much appreciated (along with a non-draggable effects window :D )

I'm nitpicking here but I really appreciate that you keep improving the synth, it's getting more and more polished :)

EDIT : I've run into the issue where while playing with a preset the sound crashes and the synth output turns to +6dB white noise. Only way to stop is to delete the instance. I'm running the 64 bit 1.2.3 version on Ableton 10.1, Windows 10 for reference. Any idea why this happens ? I'll try to recreate this to give a bit more info (it mostly happens with Venus Theory presets
Last edited by Howgs on Sun Jul 14, 2019 11:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

What's the difference between synthmaster and synthmaster one? They both seem to come with different presets so I'm guessing one is not just the lil brother of the other.

bite_me wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 7:47 am -Removal of modulation with right click doesn´t work-
Doesn´t work for the cutoff knob. On others it´s working.
The average bored guy

damayor wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 11:44 pm What's the difference between synthmaster and synthmaster one? They both seem to come with different presets so I'm guessing one is not just the lil brother of the other.
https://www.kvraudio.com/product/synthm ... io/details

In a nutshell, Synthmaster One is a streamlined wavetable synth. Synthmaster is a comprehensive synth workstation which does many different synthesis types.

bite_me wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 5:43 am
bite_me wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 7:47 am -Removal of modulation with right click doesn´t work-
Doesn´t work for the cutoff knob. On others it´s working.
Some modulations are hardwired, they can't be removed.

But there was a visual bug regarding removing modulations. It's fixed in the next update.
Works at KV331 Audio
SynthMaster voted #1 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll
SynthMaster One voted #4 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll

ztrauq wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 6:55 am
damayor wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 11:44 pm What's the difference between synthmaster and synthmaster one? They both seem to come with different presets so I'm guessing one is not just the lil brother of the other.

In a nutshell, Synthmaster One is a streamlined wavetable synth. Synthmaster is a comprehensive synth workstation which does many different synthesis types.
That's a good summary!

Just to add a bit more background, SM One is the newest of the two. It was designed around a one page, one layer workflow for ease of use. The new wavetable oscillators and the new zero delay feedback filter types from SM One were ported back to SM 2, so they do share a bit of tech, except for the presets, which are not compatible.

And SM One is not just a wavetable synth. The oscillators include basic VA waveforms, as well as user importable waves.

When SynthMaster 3 is released next year, it is supposed to be backwards compatible with the presets from SM One and SM 2. Along with UI and workflow enhancements, it is expected to include a wavetable editor, as well as more layers, and some new synthesis capabilities, such as granular.
Windows 10 and too many plugins

Last edited by Vortifex on Mon May 17, 2021 1:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Vortifex wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 4:31 pm The new version seems more stable in FL Studio so far.

Edit: Nope.
Do you remember which preset/action caused it ?
Works at KV331 Audio

Last edited by Vortifex on Mon May 17, 2021 1:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I had a crash in the newest version of SM1 (win 7 x64) during the VST2 call 'effEditIdle' after opening a project. This was also happening (even more frequently) in the previous version.

SaganTech wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 6:09 pm I had a crash in the newest version of SM1 (win 7 x64) during the VST2 call 'effEditIdle' after opening a project. This was also happening (even more frequently) in the previous version.
Is that for FL Studio again?

the animations are updated in the idle call, so maybe it has to do with the animations.
Works at KV331 Audio

Hi folks,

I am about to complete the feature set for v1.3, and next week we'll have another update: v1.3 beta.

We've been receiving a lot of feature requests regarding microtuning/scales, so I wanted to address that as well in this update. You can now easily drag-n-drop scale files in scala scl format (folders supported). If you know how to edit keyboard mapping files (.kbm), SynthMaster One recognizes that as well!

We'll be including a lot of scales, not only equal tempered ones but also alternate tunings (like Arabic/Turkish scales). We added some new parameters regarding scales: Like root note, global A4 tuning and also scale mapping which determines how the scale notes are mapped to the keyboard (Consecutive or Fill Octave). For Consecutive/Linear mapping, I'll change the display of the onboard keyboard as well.

Screen Shot 2019-07-18 at 22.33.56.png
Screen Shot 2019-07-18 at 22.34.07.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Works at KV331 Audio

just bought this. tempted to sell off some synths. such a low cpu usage but massive synth.

MuzikFreq wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2019 12:42 am just bought this. tempted to sell off some synths. such a low cpu usage but massive synth.
Just got it too. Agreed, this thing slaps. Stuffed with very usable / adaptable presets too.

For the current sale price of $29, this thing is a no-brainer!!!
Windows 10 and too many plugins

Return to “Instruments”