Looking for a VST polyphonic comb filter

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Polyphonic means several notes, not several channels. My goal was to make a rhythmic loop trigger resonant chords, a bit like a vocoder but sounding differently.
The Eventide original hardware H3000 had an algorithm called resonant string I think which was doing this wonderfully. It's VST equivalent doesn't have this. So far, superChord is the best I found, and its developer is really cool and opened for suggestions.
Thanks Lorcan for letting me know about your product.
Best,
JPR
Jean-Philippe Rykiel, the Blind one
My Soundcloud
My Facebook page

Benedict wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 11:46 pm it is one sound, even if many notes.
Isn't that what 'polyphonic' means?? :tu:

Benedict wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 11:46 pm Thor in Reason was to be my answer but yes Maelstrom will do it too. As would Phase Plant (at a horrifying CPU cost).

:-)
Europa VST would be another great choice, assuming it has VST audio inputs? I use Reason, so I use the native version.

Might Moodal work for this? Only brainstorming
Doing nothing is only fun when you have something you are supposed to do.

jprykiel wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 7:54 am My goal was to make a rhythmic loop trigger resonant chords, a bit like a vocoder but sounding differently.
The Eventide original hardware H3000 had an algorithm called resonant string I think which was doing this wonderfully. It's VST equivalent doesn't have this. So far, superChord is the best I found, and its developer is really cool and opened for suggestions.
Ah, gotcha. You want the FX to resonate frequencies of the input quantized to notes of a chord. Yeah, sounds like SuperChord is it. If you want something really interesting check out 2CA Kaleidoscope too. Don't let the interface scare you, it has extensive note quantization, everything from melodic to chordal to harmonic to mathematical, as well as microtonal (and you can set up your own).

Wow, now I want to know more--I only have the Moodal demo. How does it compare with Superchord and 2CA Kaleidoscope. Might have to demo them all, my poor hard drive.

I like Moodal, it's got a quick workflow and great visualization of what's happening. You can force it to do chords if you draw precise curves for it, but you'd be going by frequency and you can't zoom in so it can be hard to place things accurately especially toward higher frequencies. Thankfully you can save curve presets. I use it more to model objects TBH, which is what it's geared for.

I need to demo SuperChord, it looks really interesting, especially the live MIDI quantization.

Kaleidoscope can both synthesize and process audio. It lets you sequence every aspect of the resonance via an image utilizing placement, luminosity, and color to determine gain and stereo placement, providing millions of automation points. You can constrain the fundamental frequencies of the resonators to whatever scales/notes you want and the partials can adjust automatically. I cannot do this justice in a paragraph, I'm going to refer you to the manual that explains it with pictures: https://www.2caudio.com/sitecontent/pro ... Manual.pdf

Also, whoever suggested Zebrify, you can make 2-note chords since there are two comb filters. Put the comb filters on different lanes, maximize input, increase feedback, set tune to taste, and for extra fun, modulate it with "Pitch Track". Now you can play it with MIDI.

Great information, thank you. I'm happy and sad, as more just made it onto my wish list, but man this stuff is cool.

So something like this real time polyphonic pitch tracking resonator from Stillwell that allows up to 4 simultaneous different triggers?
https://www.stillwellaudio.com/plugins/ ... resonator/
jprykiel wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 7:54 am Polyphonic means several notes, not several channels. My goal was to make a rhythmic loop trigger resonant chords, a bit like a vocoder but sounding differently.
Thanks Lorcan for letting me know about your product.
Best,
JPR

Return to “Effects”