The Wagtunes Corner

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic

What CD Would You Like To Hear Me Do?

Modern Pop (Katy Perry, Taylor Swift, etc.)
5%
Classic Rock (Stones, Beatles, Who, Zep)
5%
Prog Rock (Yes, Genesis, Kansas, etc.)
10%
Show Tunes Style (Sound Of Music, My Fair Lady, etc.)
3%
Country (Alan Jackson, Garth Brooks, etc.)
2%
Disco (Bee Gees, Tramps, etc.)
14%
Metal (various sub genres)
9%
EDM (various sub genres)
14%
80s (various genres)
8%
Your Music Sucks. Please Stop Making It
30%

Total votes: 174

RELATED
PRODUCTS

wagtunes wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:08 am
Mushy Mushy wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 11:28 pm
thecontrolcentre wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 11:24 pm
wagtunes wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 11:19 pm This is what The Police would probably sound like if they did rap.
You think? :wink:
Oooh, that’s gotta sting.

Disclaimer: no comment on the comment other than I liked that joke :oops:
If there was a joke somewhere, I must have missed it.
yeah ... you would need a sense of humour for that.

rotku60 wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:19 am I liked it, kind of Grace Jones meets Andy Summers vibe.
Thanks for the listen and the feedback. Yeah, that Andy In A Bottle Guitar Rig patch is a real life saver.

I listened to "A Drop In The Bucket Of Time." Although you are speaking in rhyme, it seems quite removed from hip hop which I followed pretty closely in the 80s. To me it's more of spoken word piece rather than something that would fit into a rap playlist. This is not a surprise since you are way outside of your comfort zone.

The music is well done. The mix is fine.

wagtunes wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:35 pm Karma is a bitch
I am interpreting this as a not so subtle dig at our esteemed colleague Karma_tba. Perhaps this is a battle rhyme after all. :hihi:

wagtunes wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:35 pm But your friends tell you you're gay
I could have done without the homophobic stuff. Oh well. :shrug:

Frantz wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 2:21 am I listened to "A Drop In The Bucket Of Time." Although you are speaking in rhyme, it seems quite removed from hip hop which I followed pretty closely in the 80s. To me it's more of spoken word piece rather than something that would fit into a rap playlist. This is not a surprise since you are way outside of your comfort zone.

The music is well done. The mix is fine.

wagtunes wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:35 pm Karma is a bitch
I am interpreting this as a not so subtle dig at our esteemed colleague Karma_tba. Perhaps this is a battle rhyme after all. :hihi:

wagtunes wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:35 pm But your friends tell you you're gay
I could have done without the homophobic stuff. Oh well. :shrug:
Thanks for the listen. The song was done as a total joke and the Karma reference was just a lighthearted poke. We've patched things up and all's good. Like I said in the other thread, I can't rap, the song sucks and it will most likely be universally hated. It was done on a dare. Now that it's done, there won't be anymore of these. That much I can assure you.

PS - FTR, I'm not even close to being homophobic as I have many gay friends. It was meant as a joke. Sorry if it offended you. Of course the whole song is offensive for being so stupid.

I think the song is pretty good and I wasn't offended. Not your greatest work but certainly not stupid or an embarrassment. I was just sharing whatever thoughts that popped into my head as I listened.

Frantz wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 3:08 am I think the song is pretty good and I wasn't offended. Not your greatest work but certainly not stupid or an embarrassment. I was just sharing whatever thoughts that popped into my head as I listened.
It's all good. I'm just glad this one is behind me. I'm just wondering where the guys are who asked me to do it in the first place as they said they'd listen. They're probably laughing their asses off right about now. :lol:

wagtunes wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 11:19 pm This is what The Police would probably sound like if they did rap.

You said this is what the Police would have sounded like and Sting was in the Police.

Sting = sting
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

Mushy Mushy wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 2:40 pm

You said this is what the Police would have sounded like and Sting was in the Police.

Sting = sting
Oh, ha ha. Funny.

:lol: We got there eventually ;)
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

wagtunes wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 3:16 am
Frantz wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 3:08 am I think the song is pretty good and I wasn't offended. Not your greatest work but certainly not stupid or an embarrassment. I was just sharing whatever thoughts that popped into my head as I listened.
It's all good. I'm just glad this one is behind me. I'm just wondering where the guys are who asked me to do it in the first place as they said they'd listen. They're probably laughing their asses off right about now. :lol:
i commented on the previous page :P

vurt wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 2:48 pm
wagtunes wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 3:16 am
i commented on the previous page :P
Yeah, well it wasn't much of a comment. I'm not sure I even understand it.

** EDIT ** NVM. I get it now. Ha, ha.

ah ok, i was agreeing that it's good you step outside your comfort zone. it should be fun.

as to the track, i did go in, because of your warning, expecting to hate it. and i didn't.
it isnt "hip hop" in the strictest sense, its wags with a hint, and that made it enjoyable to me.

the bit about karma/crabs is a joke about itching and not about the track.

in my defence it was 1am.

vurt wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 3:04 pm ah ok, i was agreeing that it's good you step outside your comfort zone. it should be fun.

as to the track, i did go in, because of your warning, expecting to hate it. and i didn't.
it isnt "hip hop" in the strictest sense, its wags with a hint, and that made it enjoyable to me.

the bit about karma/crabs is a joke about itching and not about the track.
Well, quite honestly. I'm not sure what it is. Musically it's creepy with that C augmented flat 7th chord for the verse and the walking bass line for the chorus. It is an odd track for sure. Never done anything like it before. Probably never do anything like it again unless I do an all rap CD.

Shudder the thought.

vurt wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 3:06 pm in my defence it was 1am.
I'm usually asleep at 1 AM.

Return to “Music Cafe”