Audiority PlexiTape updated to v1.4 - Solid State Tape Echo - AAX, AU, CLAP, VST2, VST3

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
PlexiTape

Paramarimbo wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 11:15 pm For 15 EURO with forcusrite discount is a steal. :D
ehr.. not :) We don't allow discount stacking, so the coupons can only be used for products that are NOT already on sale.

Cheers,
Luca

Congratulations on this release Luca, it sounds incredible!

Thanks! MixbusTV made a small feature on PlexiTape. Check it out here!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XtwTceqTaro

Cheers,
Luca

Hey guys,
the general response on PlexiTape has been fantastic! Thank you all very much.

So far, the most requested new features are:
- Age knob
- Tape erase

If you want to ask for some new feature on PlexiTape, reply here and if you like something already asked, quote it so I can keep track of the most wanted ones.

Thanks!
Luca

How about a preamp off switch? That way you can insert another preamp (the Pre X7 for example) before the PlexiTape. Or is that a crazy thought?

Thanks for opening the floor to requests. I'd really like a built in ducker because while usually with delays it's easy to side chain a compressor, with PlexiTape I use it as an insert because I love how the preamp blends the original signal in with the delay. The only way to lower the delay volume as an insert is with complicated automation, a built in ducker would be very useful.

As a user of real Echoplexes, one thing "I miss" is the sound of tape irregularities like creases and splices. When using real echoplexes, they are a pain, however when I use PlexiTape, it's so close to the real thing, those abberations are an obvious sonic ommission. A knob for each to control the severity of each would be amazing. These are usually not random - creases and splices are always in the same place on the tape. In fact, you can anticipate them if you work with the same tape long enough (and you haven't had a jam where you get a new crease or have to make a new splice). If you wanted Plexitape to pushed higher into the realm of realistic emulations, those are two ommissions from my perspective. :phones:

Audiority wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 9:38 am Hey guys,
the general response on PlexiTape has been fantastic! Thank you all very much.

So far, the most requested new features are:
- Age knob
- Tape erase

If you want to ask for some new feature on PlexiTape, reply here and if you like something already asked, quote it so I can keep track of the most wanted ones.

Thanks!
Luca
Please add some more Sound On Sound functions ...

plexuss wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 3:06 pm If you wanted Plexitape to pushed higher into the realm of realistic emulations, those are two ommissions from my perspective. :phones:
I haven't experienced that yet with my Echoplex. The tape is basically seamless and have no creases, but I guess that the moment I'll change the tape in the cartridge I'll get them and I'll be able to understand the best way to emulate that.

Cheers,
Luca

Audiority wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 4:18 pm
plexuss wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 3:06 pm If you wanted Plexitape to pushed higher into the realm of realistic emulations, those are two ommissions from my perspective. :phones:
I haven't experienced that yet with my Echoplex. The tape is basically seamless and have no creases, but I guess that the moment I'll change the tape in the cartridge I'll get them and I'll be able to understand the best way to emulate that.

Cheers,
Luca
Yes. When you use an echplex a lot it becomes prudent to learn how to wind your own cartridges. I liked using 456 for this. in a long session I'd often experience jams and tape breaks and then need to splice these. these jams also cause creases. If you are using an echoplex a little bit here and there, you might not experience this. but long term use reveals some of the weaknesses of using tape loops.

Bit crush the echoes

Cool! Thanks Lotuz :)

It's not my video, but I wanted to remind people about the PlexiTape on the last day of the introduction sale. :tu:

Even my posts on forums are echoed these days. :lol:

We have finally been able to identify what were causing that screaming feedback in rare occasions and it has been fixed. A new PlexiTape version will be released soon and will include some new goodies :)

Cheers,
Luca

Return to “Effects”