Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Harry_HH wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 1:04 pm
mgw38 wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:34 pm I hate to bring that up with all this already existing PA drama. But does anybody know if PA plans to discontinue their voucher program? I do not see it mentioned on the website anymore.
No, but they have planned to discontinue the clients.
I find all this a bit extreme. I have almost all PA plugins but I have more emotional connection to my morning cereal than I have to PA. This is a plugin developer that sells software in a very crowded market of comparable products. Nothing more and nothing less.

But if I am really true myself, the money I spend on PA per year by far exceeds what the personal subscription offer would be. Sure, subscriptions are more annoying in terms of financial planning as they tend to become part of your monthly or annual fixed expenses and are something you don't normally think about in you day to day spending. But if you do your financial due diligence and have a firm grip on how you spend your money over the year there is nothing wrong with a subscription. In the end you need to chose the option that makes more sense for you financially. And you need to do that by being completely true to your own purchasing behavior.

I have not yet made up my mind. Maybe I do the subscription, maybe I don't. The only thing I know is that I would not spend 200$ on a PA plugin which is why the voucher question is relevant. If I don't go with a subscription and there are no vouchers anymore, I would re-adjust my attention to other developers. But there is nothing dramatic about that.
Follow me on Youtube for videos on spatial and immersive audio production.

Take it easy - that was ment to be a joke.

First rule of KVR club: we never joke about plugins.

:lol:
Follow me on Youtube for videos on spatial and immersive audio production.

mgw38 wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:34 pm I hate to bring that up with all this already existing PA drama. But does anybody know if PA plans to discontinue their voucher program? I do not see it mentioned on the website anymore.
Lol... priceless... :hihi: :lol:
“In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.”

mgw38 wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 1:50 pm
I find all this a bit extreme. I have almost all PA plugins but I have more emotional connection to my morning cereal than I have to PA. This is a plugin developer that sells software in a very crowded market of comparable products. Nothing more and nothing less.

But if I am really true myself, the money I spend on PA per year by far exceeds what the personal subscription offer would be. Sure, subscriptions are more annoying in terms of financial planning as they tend to become part of your monthly or annual fixed expenses and are something you don't normally think about in you day to day spending. But if you do your financial due diligence and have a firm grip on how you spend your money over the year there is nothing wrong with a subscription. In the end you need to chose the option that makes more sense for you financially. And you need to do that by being completely true to your own purchasing behavior.

I have not yet made up my mind. Maybe I do the subscription, maybe I don't. The only thing I know is that I would not spend 200$ on a PA plugin which is why the voucher question is relevant. If I don't go with a subscription and there are no vouchers anymore, I would re-adjust my attention to other developers. But there is nothing dramatic about that.
I'm with you there. As of now, the best thing you can do with your voucher is sell it here. Maybe someone can pay transfer fees with it. If this continues this way, the voucher thingie will die on its own.
Nonetheless, I'd wait a couple of months and see what PA does once sales months come in. I'm sure they will come up with enough stuff to piss off every fanboi who just bought a yearly subscription at full price (even though all "reduced price" codes are the same for everybody and some have been leaked already here... by me :hihi: )
“In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.”

mgw38 wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 2:16 pm First rule of KVR club: we never joke about plugins.

:lol:
I know - that's why I joked just about the developers of the plugins, and about the users (clients) of the plugins. :scared:

Are any of the devs working on native API 2500 compressor (to compete with UAD counterpart)? I'm thinking of buying the waves api bundle, but I wish there were more options to choose from.

This doesn't answer the question directly but may give an indication:
Dirk on FB wrote: Lastly, we do indeed not force anybody to subscribe to the new bundle, of course. And a lot of you have received codes today that would enable you to buy all 6 new plugins at $65 per plugin in average, if you buy them all. Then you can still use the monthly voucher codes, to bring your price for the 6 new plugins down, all the way down to $315, which is $52.50 per plugin, including new top plugins like Shadow Hills, Focusrite, Ampeg, Purple Audio etc.

We have said this before: we are not stopping to sell perpetual licenses. But we also can’t guarantee that we will be sending out 24H Flash Sale vouchers forever and every day, if that’s just not what we look at as a sustainable business anymore. After all, as a company we also have a responsibility towards 30+ employees, plus 28 partner companies and their employees and families.
Taken from here, rather than FB directly: https://www.gearslutz.com/board/showpos ... count=4262

I imagine they probably don't know for sure. The game at PA appears to be revenue maximisation given that they proved prepared to do very deep discounts in order to get cash in, which has obviously created some expectations in the marketplace that they are now trying to backpedal on somewhat.

A lot probably depends on how successful the subscription option is. Slate didn't stop doing sales after the sub launch but they do seem less frequent. They know that the vouchers do drum up business and it's interesting that the vouchers weren't used as the way to provide a discount to the heavy-hitter brigade instead of the one-off vouchers (probably because they have a lot of customers with 20/30 plugins who would expect a discount but just haven't bought much in the past 2/3 years).

My guess is that they might well continue to send vouchers but the deals will be more in the range of $100-150 after discount as a way of saying "if you went for the sub, it's not that much more". Slate did a number of sales on the subscription after launch, so there's probably no need to rush to get the $149 or $179 price this month for the coming year. I very much doubt they will hit everyone they need to make the sub idea workable in less than one month, especially so close to a blowout sale.

Second rule of KVR Club: DO NOT diminish the importance of breakfast cereal!!

Uncle E wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 8:39 am
dangayle wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 6:37 am Does that Soundtoys bundle on JRR come as individual licenses, or is it a locked bundle?
I'll let you know as soon as we receive them from Soundtoys.
Hi UncleE, just got email from JRR saying that Soundtoys stuff all on sale, with extra discounts at cart. I tried chucking some bits in my cart and the only discount being applied was the listed amount off, nor would coupon code FORUM give an extra 10%. Is this correct? as the ad on email and on featured special clearly states extra discount in cart Image

Also in response to the user before question, I'm pretty certain Soundtoys bundles will be locked groups in ilok, might not be but I highly doubt it as they know people would buy the bundle discounted and sell all the plugs they don't use on for free plugins essentially
Thanks

My Anthology XI bundle is in a locked group in iLok, if that helps.

dangayle wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 6:37 am Does that Soundtoys bundle on JRR come as individual licenses, or is it a locked bundle?
It is a single serial number.

DjRubble wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 4:46 pm Hi UncleE, just got email from JRR saying that Soundtoys stuff all on sale, with extra discounts at cart. I tried chucking some bits in my cart and the only discount being applied was the listed amount off, nor would coupon code FORUM give an extra 10%. Is this correct? as the ad on email and on featured special clearly states extra discount in cart
Thank you for alerting me about this. The discounts are now working.

Uncle E wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 5:07 pm
DjRubble wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 4:46 pm Hi UncleE, just got email from JRR saying that Soundtoys stuff all on sale, with extra discounts at cart. I tried chucking some bits in my cart and the only discount being applied was the listed amount off, nor would coupon code FORUM give an extra 10%. Is this correct? as the ad on email and on featured special clearly states extra discount in cart
Thank you for alerting me about this. The discounts are now working.
Swift and precise <3 gotta love it

Mathematics wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 3:08 am
Hi, I am seeing Scaler at $49 USD on pluginboutique. It this a decent price discount for it or has anyone seen it for less?
I got it for about $35 (28GBP) in December '18 and this is probably the lowest it might go.
Right at the very beginning it was $29 but its been developed a lot.

Caution: I think they working on bringing out Scaler 2.0 and they will charge for that leap from 1.x to 2.0. They have a scaler forum where you can pose questions about that.
https://forum.scalerplugin.com/
Reaper (win), i7-7700k, 16GB

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”