A Fast Tempo Electronic track (aka dnb) - Break The Rules **UPDATED**

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Last edited by smd12 on Thu Jul 18, 2019 11:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

My Feedback

Music - 6.5
instruments - 7.5
Performance - 9.5
Mix - 9.5

Overall - 8.25

Comments: Excellent performance and mix. Some of the sounds I found not to my liking. That growling bass thing really got annoying after a while. Musically, would have preferred a little more diversity. The slight arrangement changes were not enough to keep this musically interesting. Essentially, this was a riff (and a very short one) played over and over. Actually, 2 riffs. Still, not enough. It's a shame that such a great performance and mix was wasted on music that is so trivial and mundane. By 4:30 I had really heard enough, though I did listen through to the end.

Great drums :+1:

Really like it, atmospheric and powerfull, cool voice samples.

I can agree that a bit more variation wouldn't hurt, e.g. you might have added some high-pitched lead somewhere, but it's not that the track sounds incomplete without it, there is enough stuff happening during the whole 6 minutes.

The mix is pretty good.
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

wagtunes wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 12:36 am My Feedback

Music - 6.5
instruments - 7.5
Performance - 9.5
Mix - 9.5

Overall - 8.25

Comments: Excellent performance and mix. Some of the sounds I found not to my liking. That growling bass thing really got annoying after a while. Musically, would have preferred a little more diversity. The slight arrangement changes were not enough to keep this musically interesting. Essentially, this was a riff (and a very short one) played over and over. Actually, 2 riffs. Still, not enough. It's a shame that such a great performance and mix was wasted on music that is so trivial and mundane. By 4:30 I had really heard enough, though I did listen through to the end.
Thanks for listening and the feedback

mindstuff wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:27 pm Great drums :+1:
Thanks for listening and thank you :tu: :D

recursive one wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 4:19 pm Really like it, atmospheric and powerfull, cool voice samples.

I can agree that a bit more variation wouldn't hurt, e.g. you might have added some high-pitched lead somewhere, but it's not that the track sounds incomplete without it, there is enough stuff happening during the whole 6 minutes.

The mix is pretty good.
Thanks for listening and the feedback. The vocal samples works well with it. :D :tu:

The doomy bass riff is very cool. The propulsive drums were quite effective. I would have liked a top line melody but there was enough energy to keep me listening for the duration. :tu:

Frantz wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 2:32 am The doomy bass riff is very cool. The propulsive drums were quite effective. I would have liked a top line melody but there was enough energy to keep me listening for the duration. :tu:
Thanks for listening and and the kind words :D :tu:

Return to “Music Cafe”