Unfiltered Audio Lion

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

processing wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 6:25 pmUnusual for PA to put a plugin on their site without a downloadable demo. Think it's more of a hook for what is about to drop this week. A Plugin Alliance subscription service.
Well, PA did announce a 7/19 launch of LION, which UA pulled out of in order to bug fix BYOME/TRIAD. Leaves a hole, doesn’t it?

(Plus it goes to a point I’ve made elsewhere that “human bandwidth” is often the most common explanation for these things, yet so many want to argue that it’s about “screwing the customer”.)
Tranzistow Tutorials: http://vze26m98.net/tranzistow/
Xenakis in America: http://oneblockavenue.net

dentnile wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 6:45 pm Sorry I haven't read all posts in this thread. I checked the install manager and could not download a demo. Did anyone try this yet? How can I download a trial version?
There's no demo yet.
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

cturner wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 6:46 pm“human bandwidth” is often the most common explanation for these things, yet so many want to argue that it’s about “screwing the customer”
We will learn tomorrow if they have been busy coding or marketing.
s a v e
y o u r
f l o w

Michael L wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 10:55 pm
cturner wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 6:46 pm“human bandwidth” is often the most common explanation for these things, yet so many want to argue that it’s about “screwing the customer”
We will learn tomorrow if they have been busy coding or marketing.
Well, the emails certainly were a debacle!
Tranzistow Tutorials: http://vze26m98.net/tranzistow/
Xenakis in America: http://oneblockavenue.net

all this upset and outrage. it’s silly. if you’ve ever written software you know better than to hurry the coders. maybe just say “i can’t wait to try it because i’m excited!”

I can’t wait to try it because I’m excited!

Whatever PA is doing with this subscription thing doesn’t reflect on what I think of the products they put out... and especially not on UA.

My concern is that the success of LION may be hurt by the current uproar about the new Plugin Alliance pricing scheme. I expect LION to be a rather expensive release. Look at the recent six new products coming from PA: crazy intro prices.

If this pricing level is applied to LION then the number of sold items would be quite disappointing for the Unfiltered guys. Pity for them. And I would be disappointed not to have this interesting synth. But I will clearly not pay over the top amounts for the twentieth synth in my plugin folder. However, we will see....

I bet it's going to be $350 but wait! intro price $300. If that is the case and if they don't give MAJOR discounts for owning BYOME AND TRIAD then pretty much no-one is going to buy it.

martinjuenke wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:32 pm My concern is that the success of LION may be hurt by the current uproar about the new Plugin Alliance pricing scheme. I expect LION to be a rather expensive release. Look at the recent six new products coming from PA: crazy intro prices.

If this pricing level is applied to LION then the number of sold items would be quite disappointing for the Unfiltered guys. Pity for them. And I would be disappointed not to have this interesting synth. But I will clearly not pay over the top amounts for the twentieth synth in my plugin folder. However, we will see....
Yeah ... the reason I originally opened an account at PA was because UA went there after I had bought G8 & Sandman. I've always had great intro offers (some free) on their latest releases, so I would expect a "reasonable" discount (particularly for BYOME & TRIAD owners) ... if not, I can wait. I have too many synths as it is, but would like to support Unfiltered Audio. They're one of the most interesting developers out there atm ...

graspee wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 11:59 pm I bet it's going to be $350 but wait! intro price $300. If that is the case and if they don't give MAJOR discounts for owning BYOME AND TRIAD then pretty much no-one is going to buy it.
Especially since everybody by now knows that all the UA plugins end up in the bottom of the bargain bin anyway, in a couple of months. Buy it at the fantastic intro price (including the loyalty discount for owning several UA plugins) and you're probably still overpaying a lot. I do want to support the UA guys, but on the other hand, I don't like feeling like I've been fooled. I know that stuff goes on sale, but that quickly? Anyway, I know it's not UA's fault.

No, not their fault (they have their own Fault...)

Plugin Alliance has to understand that a synth like this is usually priced between $130 and $199. When it's below everybody think it's cheap, when it's above nobody buys it. If Lion really has a $300 intro price, I'm sorry for Unfiltered Audio but nobody will know if the synth is good or not...
Please don’t read the above post. It’s a stupid one. Simply pass.

I expect at least the same full price as Oberhausen synth: 249$
Intro price 149$?
Heavy hitter intro 99$
With a voucher it would then be affordable...

A bit off-topic:
Oberhausen is one of the poorest cities in Germany...

martinjuenke wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 2:18 pm A bit off-topic:
Oberhausen is one of the poorest cities in Germany...
But there is a GASometer, so it's a great place to name a plugin after :P

Return to “Instruments”