Unfiltered Audio Lion

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Michael L wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 2:01 am I love the idea of categorising noise by era: traditional noise vs contemporary noise; or by genre: jazz noise, hip-hop noise; and then add modifiers: extremely traditional noise, moderately contemporary noise; and then mix them up: slightly traditional doom metal noise. Synth developers take notice!!
:hyper:
A well-behaved signature.

Fernando Carvalho wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 6:54 pm It is looking pretty good. I miss a per voice comb filter, the one in byome is nice. I miss some kind of physical modelling oscilators too.
+1 !
Best
YY

Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

A new tag-based preset browser
Full MPE support with modular routing
Full microtuning support (via TUN files)

Well, that’s 3 important things that Massive X couldn’t manage....so kudos for that.

I guess they could quell my anger at charging me to upgrade BYOME to Triad by making this a very cheap cross grade from BYOME...a lot of us paid to dollar for that sinking it was going to be the main platform with constant developement rather than just the test platform to build new products on.
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

antic604 wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 7:28 am Found a video :)

https://www.facebook.com/madddrew/video ... 444300791/
That sounded horrible!
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

SLiC wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 7:44 am
antic604 wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 7:28 am Found a video :)

https://www.facebook.com/madddrew/video ... 444300791/
That sounded horrible!
Yeah, I'm not convinced either. The oscillators and mixing modes may be interesting, but the rest kinda doesn't convince me. I waited with getting Phaseplant to see what LION is and it was supposed to be released on 19th July, but now after seeing a bit of it and adding the fact it's postponed, I might go and get PP right away.
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

The Maddrew examples are not the best, for sure, we could do that kind of monophonic sounds with any software modular tool. Let's see the poly sound, perhaps, the voices management is great....
Best
YY

frackermak wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 12:02 pm love the supersaw trance lead :phones: :tu:
https://soundcloud.com/pluginalliance/s ... rance-lead
Well, that sounds good. The other examples could be less drenched in reverb, but i think the basic character of the synth is not bad. Love this example
https://soundcloud.com/pluginalliance/stabby-reso-bass
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

I'd like to hear some evolving and morphing sounds. That's kind of what I'm imagining it would be really good at.

I like Byome, but really this bs marketing release and no price just pisses me off. Its piss poor business practise and not upfront. Its what carnies, street merchants and the likes have done for decades.
Personally, to me, it belittles trust, company integrity and leaves the consumer nervous with the company in question, in my opinion and this appears to be quite reflective on many posts Im noting. Feels like two fingers up cause its out of your price spectrum and a few weeks later announce an upgrade to the product already owned. Total bollocks. So I can take solice in sticking my 2 fingers up to their business methods. Aa free world so I choose not to demo or participate :)
All good, carry on.

MFXxx wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 4:29 pm I like Byome, but really this bs marketing release and no price just pisses me off. Its piss poor business practise and not upfront. Its what carnies, street merchants and the likes have done for decades.
Personally, to me, it belittles trust, company integrity and leaves the consumer nervous with the company in question, in my opinion and this appears to be quite reflective on many posts Im noting. Feels like two fingers up cause its out of your price spectrum and a few weeks later announce an upgrade to the product already owned. Total bollocks. So I can take solice in sticking my 2 fingers up to their business methods. Aa free world so I choose not to demo or participate :)
All good, carry on.
I don't agree at all. I think it's a nice way to demo some software without the bias that comes from knowing the price. E.g., it's not better because it's more *expensive* or sounds good *for a cheap synth*. I also think that people are unfairly equating Plugin Alliance's sales and distribution polices with Unfiltered Audio's software offerings. The two are not the same, and although UA is ultimately responsible for how their software is presented, I don't think the amount of vitriol displayed here and in other posts is warranted in the slightest.

It's totally biased. It's called a honey trap. But if your happy to get stuck and stung your choice. It's a free world. So launch price is 250 how does that sound.
dangayle wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 4:59 pm
MFXxx wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 4:29 pm I like Byome, but really this bs marketing release and no price just pisses me off. Its piss poor business practise and not upfront. Its what carnies, street merchants and the likes have done for decades.
All good, carry on.
I don't agree at all. I think it's a nice way to demo some software without the bias that comes from knowing the price. E.g., it's not better because it's more *expensive* or sounds good *for a cheap synth*. I also think that people are unfairly equating Plugin Alliance's sales and distribution polices with Unfiltered Audio's software offerings. The two are not the same, and although UA is ultimately responsible for how their software is presented, I don't think the amount of vitriol displayed here and in other posts is warranted in the slightest.

MFXxx wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 5:10 pm It's totally biased. It's called a honey trap. But if your happy to get stuck and stung your choice. It's a free world. So launch price is 250 how does that sound.
Unusual for PA to put a plugin on their site without a downloadable demo. Think it's more of a hook for what is about to drop this week. A Plugin Alliance subscription service.

processing wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 6:25 pm
MFXxx wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 5:10 pm It's totally biased. It's called a honey trap. But if your happy to get stuck and stung your choice. It's a free world. So launch price is 250 how does that sound.
Unusual for PA to put a plugin on their site without a downloadable demo. Think it's more of a hook for what is about to drop this week. A Plugin Alliance subscription service.
Exactly!

Sorry I haven't read all posts in this thread. I checked the install manager and could not download a demo. Did anyone try this yet? How can I download a trial version?

Return to “Instruments”