Studio One Pro 4.5

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Studio One Professional

simmo75 wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2019 2:30 am Hi guys, i know 4.5 doesn’t have Komplete Kontrol mk2 integration yet but for some reason i cannot even use my s88 mk2 at all. I only want to be able to play and record midi key data but it just will not connect via MCU.
Don't know if I understand your problem, but as a MIDI keyboard, it should work just fine (add "KOMPLETE KONTROL - 1" as generic keyboard to your "External Devices").

Also, as of Komplete Kontrol 2.1.3, MCU is supported for the MK2 devices, making the Start/Stop/Record/Loop buttons work in S1 4.5.

pk-1 wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2019 6:30 pm
simmo75 wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2019 2:30 am Hi guys, i know 4.5 doesn’t have Komplete Kontrol mk2 integration yet but for some reason i cannot even use my s88 mk2 at all. I only want to be able to play and record midi key data but it just will not connect via MCU.
Don't know if I understand your problem, but as a MIDI keyboard, it should work just fine (add "KOMPLETE KONTROL - 1" as generic keyboard to your "External Devices").

Also, as of Komplete Kontrol 2.1.3, MCU is supported for the MK2 devices, making the Start/Stop/Record/Loop buttons work in S1 4.5.
Hey man, thanks for your reply.
It’s just not working for me, I tried Also mcu but that doesn’t work but every other daw it’s fine.

simmo75 wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2019 7:59 pm
pk-1 wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2019 6:30 pm

Hey man, thanks for your reply.
It’s just not working for me, I tried Also mcu but that doesn’t work but every other daw it’s fine.
EDIT : Got it working after updating the S88 firmware.

Anyone getting crashes with 4.5.1? Or with Nektarine?…
Brzzzzzzt.

Does anyone else have weird midi timing going on?

When I record a midi part, the recorded notes are playing back wrong, like Studio One is pushing the whole recording a 16th note forward. It's very strange behavior. Its not quantizing the notes.

simmo75 wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 3:49 pm Does anyone else have weird midi timing going on?

When I record a midi part, the recorded notes are playing back wrong, like Studio One is pushing the whole recording a 16th note forward. It's very strange behavior. Its not quantizing the notes.
Sure input quantize is turned off ?

Edit : I just read more carefully , you say it pushes the whole recording a 16 th note forward , so the individual timing between the notes and the length is not altered then ?
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

gentleclockdivider wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 5:47 pm
simmo75 wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 3:49 pm Does anyone else have weird midi timing going on?

Edit : I just read more carefully , you say it pushes the whole recording a 16 th note forward , so the individual timing between the notes and the length is not altered then ?
Thanks for your reply. Quantize is definitely off, when i watch the recording its placing the all the notes too early, quite a lot too early, its weird.

Edit... Ok, so i changed the audio latency to 64 and it's fine now. So that's kind of odd that the audio buffer is changing my midi recording timing but not real time playing?

If I were you I would just create a topic on the presonus forum , big chance that it will get noticed by a beta tester who will report it further
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

Is there a way to have midi tracks that are controlling FX to never mute ? Gets annoying having to unmute them when I want to hear them working while soloing certain elements

Digivolt wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 10:23 pm Is there a way to have midi tracks that are controlling FX to never mute ? Gets annoying having to unmute them when I want to hear them working while soloing certain elements
Solo Safe (hold shift and press S(olo) on the track you want to keep from muting).

daw.one wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 12:06 pm
Digivolt wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 10:23 pm Is there a way to have midi tracks that are controlling FX to never mute ? Gets annoying having to unmute them when I want to hear them working while soloing certain elements
Solo Safe (hold shift and press S(olo) on the track you want to keep from muting).
:tu: I guess it stays on forever until I do the key command again to turn it off ?

Digivolt wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 1:39 pm
daw.one wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 12:06 pm ]Solo Safe (hold shift and press S(olo) on the track you want to keep from muting).
:tu: I guess it stays on forever until I do the key command again to turn it off ?
Yes. It's the same behavior as Solo Safe on the sends.

simmo75 wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 6:54 pm
gentleclockdivider wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 5:47 pm

Thanks for your reply. Quantize is definitely off, when i watch the recording its placing the all the notes too early, quite a lot too early, its weird.

Edit... Ok, so i changed the audio latency to 64 and it's fine now. So that's kind of odd that the audio buffer is changing my midi recording timing but not real time playing?
Did you have Low Latency mode turned on (its little Z in the Mixer Console Windows in the plugins section). That could explain what's going on. If you do have it on make sure to check that any plugin you have on the track or the master bus don't have/add latency (they will have green icons next to them in the Mixer Console).
Studio One // Bitwig // Logic Pro X // Ableton 11 // Reason 11 // FLStudio // MPC // Force // Maschine

Version 4.5.4 is live: https://forums.presonus.com/viewtopic.php?f=151&t=36304
Version 4.5.4 Release Notes (September 17, 2019):

The following issues have been fixed:
● [macOS ≥10.14] Some iLok™ protected plug-ins got blacklisted
● Potential crash when trying to copy & paste plug-ins inside the browser

Edit: Thought i'd rather post this here, that other thread is a frigging mess...

[/quote]

It really seems like their initial idea to eschew MIDI was a huge F-up on the part of whoever's idea that was. All these years in and no polyphonic aftertouch, no MPE, no Sysex, no MTC. I suspect when they finally do build in proper MIDI support, it's going to be a huge under-the-hood undertaking. Maybe this all means that 5.0 will be the one that finally addresses that, hence an earlier than expected 4.5 release, but I'm not optimistic based on everything they've put out since 3.64.
[/quote]

I have been longing for MPE support in Studio One for a long time. Studio One is my favorite DAW, but I have purchased Cubase mainly because of its MPE support. Maybe one day ;)
JW
CWO2 USMC Retired
Laconia, Indiana

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”