Nice free convolution reverb !!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

heavymetalmixer wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 4:20 am
goldglob wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 3:55 am
heavymetalmixer wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 3:26 am
goldglob wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 3:24 am
heavymetalmixer wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 11:46 pm Can you people use the Samplicity's Bricasti IRs in this plugin? I can't.
Yes, I have the true stereo Samplicity Bricasti quad files working in the latest version 1.16
But what about the Stereo ones?
Yes, stereo ones working.
Just checking you know that for the non quad files: The one you want for normal stereo is the M-to-S file (Mono source to Stereo). The L and R files you see there are for loading into a true stereo engine that doesn't read quad files....the L is actually a stereo file...the R is actually a stereo file...the two stereo files amount to the same thing as a quad file.

And note that when you load a file from 'File Browser' the preset name up the top doesn't change (but you should see the name of the loaded file beneath that preset field).
Not even the M-to-S files load, I know because the waveform doesn't change, and the bottom name doesn't either.
Is it just the Samplicity stuff not loading...have you tried any other external IRs?

Another puzzle:
When I load a Samplicity quad file the info in the Status Display indicates a 2-channel file (not 4 channel). The blurb on the site says "In addition, true stereo 3rd party IRs, are supported from 4-channel WAV/AIF files, stored as L, R, L->R, R->L"
So it would seem that the Samplicity quad files don't have that "L, R, L->R, R->L" configuration?

Yeah, the plugins loads every Reverb IR I throw to it, except the Samplicity's Bricasti ones. Weird enough, these IRs can be loaded in any other convolution reverb without problems.

And I've just checked that both 44.1K and 48K Samplicity files load, so it's not a sample rate thing. I'm stumped.

I use Reaper v5.978 x64, Windows 7 Ultime SP1 x64 and the plugin on VST3 x64 too.

My PC specs are:
AMD FX-6100
8GB RAM
GPU AMD Radeon R7 260x 1GB

It's really annoying that we have to do the whole 'fill the order to buy' thing every time an update is released.

If you people wanna download it without so many problems, do it from here: https://wavearts.com/products/plugins/convology-xt/
Last edited by heavymetalmixer on Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

:tu:
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

cool!

I'm having the same problem, can't load any of the Samplicity M7 IR files. Already tried all the 8 packs. Could you point me other free libraries that worked for you? Thanks

Btw, amazing freebie. Thank you Wave arts/ Impulse Records!

goldglob wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 1:18 pm Another puzzle:
When I load a Samplicity quad file the info in the Status Display indicates a 2-channel file (not 4 channel). The blurb on the site says "In addition, true stereo 3rd party IRs, are supported from 4-channel WAV/AIF files, stored as L, R, L->R, R->L"
So it would seem that the Samplicity quad files don't have that "L, R, L->R, R->L" configuration?
Just an update.

I notice now that when I load a Samplicity quad file the info in the status bar does indicate a 4-channel file.....I must have mis-read it before!!?? Or was there an update?

But the quad waveform still looks the same as the L file of the Samplicity True Stereo non quad L and R pair (two stereo files) version of the same reverb (E.G. '1 Halls 01 Large Hall'). This suggests that the quad file is not being loaded properly...but perhaps this is just that Convology can't merge four channels into one for display purposes in a similar way that it does with stereo impulses (where the two channels are merged into one for the display).

So, is it reading quad files?
I did this test:
I have Track 1 (source wav) sending to Track 2 (with Convology-Samplicity quad) and to Track 3 (with Convology- Samplicity L file of the Samplicity True Stereo non quad L and R pair...same named reverb). The recorded outputs of tracks 2 and 3 look different.
Do they sound different? Yes, but there's not much in it.
Conclusion: Quad files are being read...it is doing true stereo...I think.

More free ones - HybridReverb2 - Freeverb3
Not tried them yet.
Last edited by The Noodlist on Sun Jul 07, 2019 12:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Currently trying to turn noise into music. :neutral: Is boutique the new old?

goldglob wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 6:54 pmSo, is it reading quad files?
I did this test:
I have Track 1 (source wav) sending to Track 2 (with Convology-Samplicity quad) and to Track 3 (with Convology- Samplicity L file of the Samplicity True Stereo non quad L and R pair...same named reverb). The recorded outputs of tracks 2 and 3 look different.
Do they sound different? Yes, but there's not much in it.
Conclusion: Quad files are being read...it is doing true stereo...I think.
Did you tested also true stereo capability with panning a mono source signal hard left or hard right and send it through an allegedly true stereo reverb?

Mono to Stereo

In the processed signal solo (100% wet) mono hard panned source signal sits wrongly in the middle and reflections are distributed evenly on both sides.

True Stereo

In the processed signal solo (100% wet) mono hard panned source signal should be clearly positioned on the intended side.

https://soundcloud.com/etienne73/sets/s ... st/s-aV2Cr

Etienne1973,
OK, I have Convology on a send track in REAPER. I pan the send itself (not the send track output) full left.
With a quad file loaded 100% wet I hear reverb in L and R outputs, which seems to agree with the True Stereo diagram in your post.
But with a 2 channel file loaded I'm not getting what your Mono to Stereo diagram indicates....100% dry is heard full left, 100% wet is heard full left!
So I'm still puzzled....?

Return to “Effects”