2019 a year in gear (what have you/are you bought/buying?)

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

foosnark wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 12:26 pm
I wasn't expecting it to be so large and tanky. For now I've put my Microbrute away and have the AD sitting on a laptop stand above my Reface CS. They make a pretty good pair -- it can beef up the CS's otherwise lacking low end, or push it just a little harder, or make it really scream. So far I haven't even tried it with anything else.

I may have to pick up a noise gate pedal though. The Reface's noise floor is pretty high, and while I'd been relying on software for that, I don't want to go ITB and back out through the pedal just for a noise gate.
Ha! I had the same reaction when I got the first one. But then it occured to me... full sized MIDI jacks on the back... of course it's huge!

I've been playing my Minibrute2 and 0-Caost through it. Lots of fun. I also put it in the feedback loop of my Deluxe Memory Man TT1000. That combo gets crazy even without running anything into the delay's input. :)

I got my first Proco Rat 2 effect pedal yesterday. Oh my, what a lovely distortion. It even does that sputter thing I like so much.
Easily the heaviest pedal I own, weight-wise.

Had to wait a few weeks before it arrived. It seems some pedal makers (esp. Behringer and TC) are having trouble keeping up with demand.

A Pioneer DJ Toraiz SQUID sequencer is my latest studio addition.

Just bought a Cymatic LP-16 live player.
It's pretty unknown and not particularly sexy but it allows me to load up samples and then play them through my effects pedals. I appreciate that most people would either use a cheap laptop to do this perhaps, or a dedicated sampler alternatively. But the LP-16 fits my workflow (and studio space vs another laptop) better, it has 16 outputs and it's cheaper at around £250 than most equally decent samplers.
In fact, I might get a second one as backup. (They are more commonly used by gigging musicians who want to play backing tracks on stage).

If I ever get my savings sorted out, I might grab me a Silver Bullet or SSL Fusion (plus a vintage Yamaha and/or Rhodes!) in the future but for now I'm settled.

Animodule Gate_mod...

dark water wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2019 6:53 pm Just bought a Cymatic LP-16 live player.
Interesting wee box. For a brief moment that looked like it be perfect for something at work (installations), but unfortunately for us, it looks like there's no loop mode for multitrack, and no way to just get it to start playing automatically. Dang.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

Not sure if I mentioned it, but I bought Trueno synth. A very nice little package :tu:

I ordered a Vermona Mono Lancet '15 and Studio Electronics Boomstar SEM. After these two purchases, I do not plan to add further gear to my studio for the next several months.

Edit: Well, that did not last long. I purchased the Waldorf Blofeld Shadow Edition and Pulse 2 desktop synths today. :help:
Last edited by Silaris on Sat Aug 03, 2019 6:43 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Silaris wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 3:27 pmI do not plan to add further gear to my studio for the next several months.
I don't know how many times I've told myself that... :dog:

But maybe this time? We need some home repairs and it's gonna cost a lot more than I hoped. My rack is full, my desk is full, I've got two things competing for second tier space, and... oh hey, Chase Bliss Mood seems really cool :help:

(Seriously though, going to try to reign it in for a bit.)

foosnark wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 7:37 pm
Silaris wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 3:27 pmI do not plan to add further gear to my studio for the next several months.
I don't know how many times I've told myself that... :dog:
Same here, but it rarely materializes. :D

My biggest hurdle to adding more gear, at this time, is the lack of table/rack space. However, there may be a little space available for a Moog Mother32/DFAM combo. J/K.

just means you can add "another table" to the list of things to buy :)

I was looking at a Harley Benton electric, for €189. it's actually quite the looker for that money. I need another guitar like I need an interdimensional clown chasing me.
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

Hmm, a bit temporally disjointed, but as far as I remember, I've bought a Polyend + Medusa, a Behringer Neutron, a cheap Danelectro Fab Tone, a BBE 482 sonic maximizer and an ART Pro MPA II preamp... and I haven't hooked up any of them yet... rough year so far. The room is ready now, though.

vurt wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 10:04 pm just means you can add "another table" to the list of things to buy :)
:tu:

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”