Relab Sonsig Rev-A Reverb

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

like retrowave gui and color scheme much. reverb sounds nice too. will definitely give it more demo time.

frizzbee wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2019 7:35 pm like retrowave gui and color scheme much. reverb sounds nice too. will definitely give it more demo time.
I just think it looks like one of these:

or

Maybe as a guitar player, I'm not really bothered by colorful, stompbox like GUI's?

Nothing wrong with purple.
(Except if its like, your toes or something..)

AudioAlien wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 3:44 am Nothing wrong with purple.
(Except if its like, your toes or something..)
:)

The GUI/UX is ok : no non-sense, clear layout, with a nice hierarchy of the various controls. My only gripe would be that it responds weirdly to the mousewheel.
Computer musician / Ableton Certified Trainer / Mastering engineer
.com
3OP

Its got a sound that I haven't found in many VST plugins (and I have been looking).
You know when you get to the mix and the reverb starts sounding flat...

Sonsig sounds a bit more harmonic or something.

It sounds like it would stand up, love to hear some mixes.
--After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music.

-Aldous Huxley

Ok i have used this a lot now - it is awesome. beats out many of my reverbs on many tasks (specially drms/ perc)
The interface is actually a strong point - like the colour scheme or not, it is well laid out, simple and lovely to use.

They have done something quite brilliant here - complex control over lots of parameters with few outward facing parameters - not many have pulled this off in my opinion. I don't ever feel like i am lacking control (that said, would love to have a 'under the hood page for the character control..get in there and adjust the envelope/onset)

There are other verbs (such as eventide 2016) which have few controls and in my opinion, aren't anywhere near as easy to tune in.
Nicely done

DavidCarlyon wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 8:55 pm Ok i have used this a lot now - it is awesome. beats out many of my reverbs on many tasks (specially drms/ perc)
The interface is actually a strong point - like the colour scheme or not, it is well laid out, simple and lovely to use.

They have done something quite brilliant here - complex control over lots of parameters with few outward facing parameters - not many have pulled this off in my opinion. I don't ever feel like i am lacking control (that said, would love to have a 'under the hood page for the character control..get in there and adjust the envelope/onset)

There are other verbs (such as eventide 2016) which have few controls and in my opinion, aren't anywhere near as easy to tune in.
Nicely done
Discriminating ears know.....

:)

Very pleased with new reverb and grateful for the new reverb being a free addition to bundle owners. A very generous ‘gift’ from the Relab developers. Thank you.

Currently mixing audio for a film and am finding Sonsig making its way onto multiple tracks. Such a balanced placed sound coming with the use of Sonsig.
Last edited by krzys on Thu Jul 04, 2019 7:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Here is a Guitar Chamber made with Relab Sonsig Rev-A Reverb:

https://soundcloud.com/synth-presets-co ... v-a-reverb

SteveWZ wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2019 12:59 pm I was doing a little experiment.

This reverb was designed after one used by Brian Eno and Daniel Lanois on various productions.

https://soundcloud.com/synth-presets-co ... nsig-rev-a

I have done this experiment with various plugins to see if they can make that type of reverb.

Sonsig gets darn close....
Very cool, love that ambient stuff!

I'm slightly disappointed. I was looking for the RevA mode to sound more modern or natural, but this is through and through a very 80's reverb. It's quite a good if you're looking for that specific sound, but as soon as you compare with something like UVI Plate on insane quality or Pro-R -- (in my opinion) it's just totally left in the dust.

It's great for guitars and synths, but not very versatile. I also think that it has many cheaper and comparable quality competing products, especially Valhalla VintageVerb is in my opinion a much better purchase because you can do more with it and costs half as much. Just my 2c.

Liero wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 10:58 pm I'm slightly disappointed. I was looking for the RevA mode to sound more modern or natural, but this is through and through a very 80's reverb.
Actually, the Lexicon 224 was released in 1978.
Still one of the best reverbs ever made.
For more natural spaces, Impulse Responses might be the way to go.

This reverb is exactly what I've been waiting for. Bought it, I can honestly stop looking around now.
Aiynzahev-sounds
Sound Designer - Soundsets for Pigments, Repro, Diva, Virus TI, Nord Lead 4, Serum, DUNE2, Spire, and others

Aiynzahev wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 5:21 pm This reverb is exactly what I've been waiting for. Bought it, I can honestly stop looking around now.
Sami, how does it work on synth? I expect some modulation of the reverb tail, so not some kind of "invisible" reverb.

Return to “Effects”