Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

telecode wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2019 4:02 pm Hi, I am seeing Scaler at $49 USD on pluginboutique. It this a decent price discount for it or has anyone seen it for less?
Scaler is made by Pluginboutique and that's it's standard price. I have seen it on sale on Black Friday. I bought it at full price last month.

telecode wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2019 4:02 pm Hi, I am seeing Scaler at $49 USD on pluginboutique. It this a decent price discount for it or has anyone seen it for less?
I bought it for like 39 Euro last year in December. I think that was on the end of Black Friday Sales. Haven't seen it on sale since.

I may be mistaken, but I think it was $30 in early January.

fumemusic wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2019 6:40 pm Fume Music Originals Collection is 50% off on top of bundle discount.
32 libraries for only 48.5 EUR today.

Code available @ collection page,
https://fumemusic.com/originals/

Code: ORIGINALS50
The genres interest me and the handful of demos I listened to are good but there's zero info on individual packs.
The only info about the bundle is this:

+ 32 Libraries
+ XTRA Bonus Sounds
+ 6 GB Unzipped
+ 242 EUR Total Value
+ 24 BIT WAV & Kontakt
+ Royalty Free Forever

Interested but I'll pass without further info.

If you demo it and don't buy they might send you a special discount code (not combinable with other sales). The ones I got were only about 10% off though iirc so nowhere near BF sales.

https://stacksocial.com/sales/pay-what- ... tools-more

This is legit, and very good value for money. It's actually kind of fun to have only a set of sounds that can't be edited. I haven't browsed these much, but at least already one Chromaphone preset went straight to a tune I'm working on.

Taika-Kim wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 7:24 am https://stacksocial.com/sales/pay-what- ... tools-more

This is legit, and very good value for money. It's actually kind of fun to have only a set of sounds that can't be edited. I haven't browsed these much, but at least already one Chromaphone preset went straight to a tune I'm working on.
Yep, picked these up and fired up the MIDI guitar the other night. I lost an hour to these sound packs I reckon! A whole heap of interesting sounds inspired me to create some musical ideas that I wouldn't usually come up with.

Well worth the $10.65 (or whatever the average price is at the moment) that lets you get the whole collection.

You can take an additional 15% off with code FIREWORK15
Gives $9.03 at the moment.
toffo wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 11:41 am
Taika-Kim wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 7:24 am https://stacksocial.com/sales/pay-what- ... tools-more

Yep, picked these up and fired up the MIDI guitar the other night. I lost an hour to these sound packs I reckon! A whole heap of interesting sounds inspired me to create some musical ideas that I wouldn't usually come up with.

Well worth the $10.65 (or whatever the average price is at the moment) that lets you get the whole collection.
Follow me on Youtube for videos on spatial and immersive audio production.

@mgw38 you rock :tu:

jbarish wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2019 5:10 am https://www.jrrshop.com/gauge-ecm87-mic-clone

on sale for $29

Anybody with anything to say about this software??? There's no demo so no way to test it, it's basically like gambling.
The ECM87 is supposedly one of those overly bright chinese condenser mics and I guess this software is meant to tame it's harshness. I wouldn't be using it with an ECM87. I'd be using it with a Michael Joly 990 Hulk that's a little brighter than I'd like.
I bought the ECM 87 a few years ago and got the software. Basically your characterization of the mic is about right (not harsh, just bright) and the software does take it into different realms by subtle boosts of mids and trimming highs depending on th mic you want to clone. I felt like the mic is a good buy for the price and the software works but I have low expectations for mic cloning. The mic maker is also a contributor on Taxi podcasts so I heard him talk about it at length. I think the software is designed for the mic : it would be a gamble for you. I also have a Neuman U89 but have pulled out the ECM at times

Kurdish Mayfield wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 3:51 pm I bought the ECM 87 a few years ago and got the software. Basically your characterization of the mic is about right (not harsh, just bright) and the software does take it into different realms by subtle boosts of mids and trimming highs depending on th mic you want to clone. I felt like the mic is a good buy for the price and the software works but I have low expectations for mic cloning. The mic maker is also a contributor on Taxi podcasts so I heard him talk about it at length. I think the software is designed for the mic : it would be a gamble for you. I also have a Neuman U89 but have pulled out the ECM at times
I'm almost finished with a mic modeling plugin for our new NOS12 microphone. The NOS12 is a large diaphragm, transformer-coupled tube mic and all the mics it's modeling are other large diaphragm, transformer-coupled tube mics, such as the C12, U47, U67, M49, C800G, etc. The idea is that it can more accurately reproduce those mics because the mic itself already has similar transient response and harmonic distortion, and all the plugin really needs to do is match the frequency responses of those other microphones.

I was looking at getting this too, but I swear I thought they had a sale just recently where I could have sworn I saw it for half the price. Maybe it was $39. Either way, I'd wait on it but if something adds value and ease to your workflow now, why wait? Also, I think someone on YouTube claimed there was an introductory price of $19. I don't trust people on YT but it's making me hold off on getting it. Anyone got a coupon for it?

I'll try to Uninstall it or set the clock forward and see if a coupon pops up in a dialog box. This usually works for software from Chinese developers. They give you a dialog box with a 20-40% discount code if you run their Uninstaller. Adobe does the same thing with CC.

EDIT: I don't see a native uninstaller. Since I'm still testing it out, setting the clock forward past the trial period sometimes embeds registry entries which activates a "kill-switch."
...and the electron responded, "what wall?"

On December 27, 2018 I picked up Scaler for £28.41 which is roughly $35. It's made for PluginBoutique by an Australian programmer/producer duo. They listen to user feedback and constantly update the plugin for free.
Last edited by MrM777 on Sat Jul 06, 2019 10:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

Anybody know that online shop that sell trash 2 for $25? Last time izotope had bundle sales like this, I remember that shop sell the bundle separately (trash 2 and iris 2)

eluherlu wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 4:29 am Anybody know that online shop that sell trash 2 for $25? Last time izotope had bundle sales like this, I remember that shop sell the bundle separately (trash 2 and iris 2)
You may be referring to us. We did that the first day and then stopped when we found out it was a mistake.

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”