Midi Looper Support Thread

Official support for: hgsounds.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Just a place holder for any questions or feedback.

Can't wait to play with this:) Thanks!

Wow, just read the features. Can't wait to try it.
Update to Kontakt 6 is $49.50, sale ending very soon.

totally worth it.
Putting out fires with gasoline.
http://www.rojoynegro.org

Just bought it but won't have a chance to play with it till next week as I'm headed to a Blues Festival. Looking forward to giving the Looper a go.

Just spent a few minutes with it, nothing too deep or systematic, but I was grinning with delight the whole time:)

Would love some more detail on using this on existing MIDI, as mentioned in the manual…which I didn't quite get. SO many options, whew!

I printed out the manual and read a lot of it. Definitely baby steps for me on this one. Took me an inordinate amount of time just to get some sound out of target vst.
In Studio One Pro 4.5 drag/drop to track(s) not working in current song. S1 wants to open a new song with the midi file inserted. I can always copy/paste from new song to current, but I hope I'm doing something wrong or fix will be forthcoming. Emailed Andy about it, but he's probably in the lab still.

So just to clear, correct me if I'm wrong:

When you save a snap or an nka, the recorded notes are saved, too, presumably until you have more than 30,000 notes, right? (Such as those in the two Factory .nka's)

Assuming I'm not completely wrong, could you save these files elsewhere to get around that limit, or maybe save another copy…? I'm just being OCD about this, no doubt after a few more sessions I'll realize I don't NEED to save everything, but for now…

Andy, can you add prev/next arrows for scales?
Also, would it be possible to assign specific scales to specific variations?
I don't know if it would make sense to be able to assign specific scales to specific recorders.
I imagine it's that I don't know the instrument well enough yet, but triggering which recorder is active via KS doesn't seem to match which SEL button is active.
The SEQ Edit page is more of a view, I think, according to the manual, but I find myselt using it to affect output. Used in this way, it seems that randomize buttons would be useful on this page for each vel/note? I don't see the randomize buttons affecting the seq grids yet.
Also, I'm only seeing moving cursor under note 2 and note 6 on seq edit page.
Variations Random buttons only appear to be affecting variation 1.
I was able to get midi drag/drop to track in daw for one track.
Multi-track isn't working yet, but hopefully I'll figure out why.

David wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 7:47 pm Would love some more detail on using this on existing MIDI, as mentioned in the manual…which I didn't quite get. SO many options, whew!
I have found that a good way to understand Andys developments, is to look back at the previous offerings, to realise the new creation and how/what it is offering up in the way of something different. So, if you are fortunate enough to own some eg: Midi ARP on Ch2, ARP Stream on Ch3, perhaps Procession on Ch4; all directed to easy to follow, but different sounding, staccato/pizzicato like instruments and then Midi Looper on Ch1 to another contrasting instrument.

Musical Gym: I have also pointed out that Random has some issues, but there is plenty, manually, to get ones head around, this majorly complex piece of kit. :borg:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Paul Corello on Tue Jul 02, 2019 1:16 am, edited 2 times in total.

this is part of an example of using 5 of 7 Sequence Recorders running Waves Flow Motion: 'PL In A Dream' + extra Blackhole Reverb & Sonnox Dynamics https://soundcloud.com/user-906374652/midilooper01

A fascinator—thank you!

And I'm sure you're right to suggest retracing Andy's path with these wonderful MIDI tools, a project for a very long weekend:)

Looking forward to randomization of recorders/variations. Only number 1 of each still working for me.
Would be nice ot have drop-downs or ability to type in values of common objects such as freq (rate). Also could use T and D rates.
I notice when I trigger variations, the scale will change but it isn't reflected in scale "text" anywhere. Would be useful to have specific scale of variation shown in a field each time scale changes if possible (may be too difficult).

I got one of the midi arp instruments in the group buy, but have had no luck making it work in Logic or mainstage.

Does anyone know if any of these Kontakt sequencers/loopers/arps work with the apple stuff? I can't load Kontakt as a midi effect (doesn't appear as an option), and if I load it as an instrument, I'm pretty sure there's no way to send the midi to another instrument (even another Kontakt instrument in the same stack), despite having the options to 'send midi to the outside world' set up correctly within Kontakt. I'm aware there may be options by routing midi out of logic somehow and back in using some tricks, but I don't really want to do that.

Return to “Homegrown Sounds”