KOMPLETE 12 & 12 ULTIMATE Leak! Massive X Synthesizer, Kontakt 6...

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Komplete 14

SJ_Digriz wrote: Mon Oct 01, 2018 11:40 am Oh, I haven't changed my tune about Kontakts crappy GUI. It's crap on a 2k monitor and an HD monitor and a VGA monitor :P
Yeah I'm having a hard time with Kontakt librairies.. and I'm actually going to downgrade my monitor since Native Instruments isn't doing anything for that

kovacs wrote: Mon Oct 01, 2018 11:50 am
EvilDragon wrote: Mon Oct 01, 2018 6:51 am Technological advancements are fine, but if the software cannot follow at the same speed, it's not exactly logical. Then it ends up being tech advancement for the sake of tech advancement and not much else ...
There is however the concept of "technology trends" which dictates the direction things are moving in. There can be no doubt that over the past few decades, monitors are trending towards larger sizes and higher resolutions. What anyone thinks about that is their own business, but being able to deliver upon the promise of higher resolutions should be a natural ambition of any software company.

I am an NI fanboy. I love creative interfaces such as Form and Rounds. But I'm closing in on 50 years and my eyesight is not what it used to be. Kontakt is becoming more difficult to "read" for me for every year that passes. So scalable GUI and a focus on readability and usability is something I truly expect from NI.

Hey, NI even has focus on support for blind people:
https://blog.native-instruments.com/how ... musicians/

EDIT: And @evildragon, I *loved* that interview you linked to. Very impressive stuff you are working on.
The fact that a company like NI is starting to build a more inclusive ecosystem is phenomenal. I recently piked up an Komplete Kontrol m32 and it blew my mind when I discovered it could read parameters and such outlaid! This is revolutionary for me! :D

Bought and downloaded K12U last night and it has only just struck me how massive (unfortunate, unintentional pun) this package is. It will take me 6 lifetimes to get through it all :shock:

I think if I was starting out all I would get would be a laptop and Komplete. That's all you ever need right there. Man the kiddies have it good these days.
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

Mushy Mushy wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2019 8:02 am Bought and downloaded K12U last night and it has only just struck me how massive (unfortunate, unintentional pun) this package is. It will take me 6 lifetimes to get through it all :shock:

I think if I was starting out all I would get would be a laptop and Komplete. That's all you ever need right there. Man the kiddies have it good these days.
i hope your missus doesn't read that, shell start thinking of ways to use the spare room once all the synths are gone :o

vurt wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2019 12:17 pm
Mushy Mushy wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2019 8:02 am Bought and downloaded K12U last night and it has only just struck me how massive (unfortunate, unintentional pun) this package is. It will take me 6 lifetimes to get through it all :shock:

i hope your missus doesn't read that, shell start thinking of ways to use the spare room once all the synths are gone :o
:lol:
Fernando (FMR)

Hehe

@Mushy: Absolutely. That's why I consider it the best music production suite and the first (and probably the only) someone starting out would need aside from the computer and DAW. :tu:

:o

Come to think of it, it is missing a lot :D

gael_ wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:43 pm
SJ_Digriz wrote: Mon Oct 01, 2018 11:40 am Oh, I haven't changed my tune about Kontakts crappy GUI. It's crap on a 2k monitor and an HD monitor and a VGA monitor :P
Yeah I'm having a hard time with Kontakt librairies.. and I'm actually going to downgrade my monitor since Native Instruments isn't doing anything for that
Same. But this is not a NI problem. 80% of the audio software has huge problems on hi dpi screens. Also most major daws.

impressive that you could download it all in one night

eromain wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 9:23 am impressive that you could download it all in one night
Who did that?

midi_transmission
80% of the audio software has huge problems on hi dpi screens. Also most major daws.
Studio One has a dpi scaling option to overcome the problem you're describing.

It works great.

All of a sudden, tiny plugs look nice & big on a decent monitor.

Takes seconds to do.

The only shame is that only NI plugs don't work in this mode.

But thankfully everything else does.

This imo is one more nail in NI's coffin. I think they've deluded themselves into thinking they're the world standard.
Member 12, Studio One v6.5, VPS Avenger, Kontakt 7, Spitfire, Dune, Arturia, Sonible, Baby Audio, CableGuys, Nektar Panorama P1, Vaporizer 2 to test out

Is anybody using Thrill?

It's 30GB!!! so I'm not sure it's worth the download. Plus it wants over 50GB initially. It would want to be properly stunning for that size.

EDIT: Checked it out on YouTube and it sounds sublime. But 30GB sublime given I don't make horror scores, I'm not sure :shrug:
Last edited by Mushy Mushy on Wed Jul 03, 2019 1:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I think the trend is going to be for components of Komplete to just get bigger with each release. Thinking back just a few versions, the installation footprint was so much smaller then.

I'm using Thrill. It can be quite toned-down but it is largely about clusters in the first place. In the Clusters area of the interface you have complete control over the pitch and the panning of the stack of them. In my current project I'm using it pretty statically, but tense. If a lot of tension is anathema to you it's probably a high learning curve for something only in order to subvert it.

It tends to eat CPU

Return to “Instruments”