Which drum synth do you recommend

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

ENV1 wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 7:42 pm
Halonmusic wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 3:54 pm Yes CM 505 is pretty cool :)
Just checked it out again and yes, its still absolutely usable if you dont have unrealistic expectations. The Kicks are definitely OK, the Hats and Toms and Snare1 are very early 80s, the Clap module is surprisingly versatile, only the Ride 'Cymbal' kinda blows (its more like a simple 'ding') and Snare2 is certainly nothing to write home about either. But all in all, if you need those kinds of synthetic drum sounds 505 will deliver.

(Which reminds me, the so called 'Cymbals' werent all that great in RMIV either, and i dont think they had really gotten any better in RMV. Not surprisingly of course, good cymbals (especially crash) generally seem to be more difficult to synthesize than a lot of other stuff.)
Indeed. SR 202 is really nice though. I think its still available in recent CM issues.
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

Just checked it out again and yes, its still absolutely usable if you dont have unrealistic expectations.
Sure, it's free, whatevs. But, you can say that about cardboard box, a couple of drumsticks, and a Peavy SM57 knockoff.

CM505 sounds

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DXOcq_nEppo

Maschine drumsynth (only) sounds

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LVH8J0Z6GI0

Why anyone would waste their time with something like CM505 is beyond me.

ghettosynth wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:14 pm
Just checked it out again and yes, its still absolutely usable if you dont have unrealistic expectations.
Sure, it's free, whatevs. But, you can say that about cardboard box, a couple of drumsticks, and a Peavy SM57 knockoff.

CM505 sounds

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DXOcq_nEppo

Maschine drumsynth (only) sounds

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LVH8J0Z6GI0

Why anyone would waste their time with something like CM505 is beyond me.
Maybe they actually like the sound of CM 505? Ever thought of that?
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

Halonmusic wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:22 pm Maybe they actually like the sound of CM 505? Ever thought of that?

ghettosynth wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:33 pm
Halonmusic wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:22 pm Maybe they actually like the sound of CM 505? Ever thought of that?
:help:

ghettosynth wrote: Sure, it's free, whatevs. But, you can say that about cardboard box, a couple of drumsticks, and a Peavy SM57 knockoff.
Obviously i can say that about anything thats free so whats your point.

(The things you mentioned arent even free though, so -10 for failing to make the argument.)

ghettosynth wrote:Why anyone would waste their time with something like CM505 is beyond me.
I cant agree with the 'waste of time' characterization, but the 'beyond me' part seems credible.

Thanks for sharing. :)

ENV1 wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 10:18 am
ghettosynth wrote: Sure, it's free, whatevs. But, you can say that about cardboard box, a couple of drumsticks, and a Peavy SM57 knockoff.
Obviously i can say that about anything thats free so whats your point.

(The things you mentioned arent even free though, so -10 for failing to make the argument.)
My bad for the bad grammar, I meant that you can say that anything is "usable." That is, I meant for "that" to be in reference to what you said. My observation that CM505 is free was exactly pointing out, as you observed, the differences. Usable is an exceedingly low standard for a plugin today.

FWIW, I used CM505 when I first started looking for drum machines. It was quickly replaced by Battery 3.

In fact, given the choice, I think that I'd rather have the carboard box, a couple of drumsticks, and I'd even give up the Peavey mic and use a yak back.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mDJYXN0RoeY

If thats the way you feel, fine with me.

I feel no need to discuss it.

Hmmmm .... been having a very good time with Microtonic :tu: :love:

Absolutely fascinating. V creative. Already getting a song appearing in my head :dog: :D

Shame the GUI is so small on my hi res monitor, but it's not a deal breaker.

I like the proper trial as well.

How does the licencing method work? Any hidden tricks or hoops?

Anything you experts think I should know that isn't printed elsewhere.
Member 12, Studio One v6.5, VPS Avenger, Kontakt 7, Spitfire, Dune, Arturia, Sonible, Baby Audio, CableGuys, Nektar Panorama P1, Vaporizer 2 to test out

I seem to recall it was very straightforward with uTonic. Can't remember for sure as I've owned it for years.

I'm getting more out of my synth as a result of mtonic inspiration.

Think this may be THE ONE

Thank you all for guiding this non-drummer down the right path :hail:
Member 12, Studio One v6.5, VPS Avenger, Kontakt 7, Spitfire, Dune, Arturia, Sonible, Baby Audio, CableGuys, Nektar Panorama P1, Vaporizer 2 to test out

Don't forget to visit the Patternarium if you get bored or need some additional inspiration

Forgotten wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 7:01 pm Don't forget to visit the Patternarium if you get bored or need some additional inspiration
That was pretty cool :tu:

Just pulled the trigger on XILS Stix after hovering around the buy button for years. I'm glad I finally did, the demo cutting out after a preordained amount of time was the thing that always cut the experience short for me as it requires time to not get overwhelmed by all the options.

As most of us can agree on, the most important thing is how good it sounds and XILS comes on top for me. Now if someone would code an electron machinedrum clone...

Forgotten wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 7:01 pm Don't forget to visit the Patternarium if you get bored or need some additional inspiration
And here is a download link to 25 generations of patternarium.
https://soniccharge.com/forum/topic/114 ... tternarium
25000 presets :help:
Sound C loud
Band C amp
Clicks and pops is all I get

Return to “Instruments”