Queston about future of Melda

Official support for: meldaproduction.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hang on......wait......"Eternal immortality"
That sounds like a long time....be careful what you wish for.
Melda Production & United Plugins
Surface Studio = i7, 32gb, SSD.
Windows 11. Bitwig, Reaper, Live. MTotal.
Audiofuse, Adam Audio monitors + sub, iLoud MTM.
Polybrute, Summit, Pro 3, Tempest, Syntakt, AH2.
Ableton Push 2, Roli Seaboard Block.

I guess there's a kind of immortality that's not eternal.

sirmonkey wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 4:01 pm Now time for a FEATURE REQUEST:
Absolute 100% guaranteed eternal immortality for Vojtech and the crew. :borg:
LOL that is funny.

I wasn't really asking if there are succession plans in place if Vojitech should stop working on the plugins for any reason. But I was more just wondering what Vojitech's plan / priorities for Melda are. Does he have some idea of how he wants to divide his time over the next 1-2 years? I really like the plugins, and I plan to invest in more along the way, but I just want to make sure that they won't be completely put aside while MSF is focused on. I mean, realistically I'm sure MSF could take 110% of his time forever!

I can't answer for Vojtech & company, but I wouldn't worry. There's already a HUGE reservoir of highly functioning tools.
Personally, I have: MFreeBundle (what a great hook!), MMasteringBundle, MTransformer, MUnison, MDrummer, MPowersynth and MSF, MBassador.....it will take me years to really learn & utilize it all.
The Melda plugins are so deep and feature-packed (* don't forget to check out some of the tutorial/demo videos)
Realistically, as far as what I want/need/could ever dream up, pluginwise- I'm set for life!

* But yet, there's always yet one more cool gizmo around the corner. Always! :party:

Now if I had a bunch of spare cash, I would probably buy several more computers, install my DAW & plugins on them, and store them away in an lead-insulated, electromagnetic pulse proof, air-tight safe. So if I survive an apocalypse, I still got all I need!

Melda plugins are almost like emacs. Almost.

Haha I love this, finally I'm being asked when I'm going to die :hihi: :D . The truth is, never! I'm the god of programming! :borg:
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

MeldaProduction wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 8:01 pm Haha I love this, finally I'm being asked when I'm going to die :hihi: :D . The truth is, never! I'm the god of programming! :borg:
Eternal updates, can't wait!

Seems to me that because of the level of shared modular code and underlying shell-based structure between all Melda plugins what benefits one usually benefits many others if not them all in some ways. Logically then, since MSF represents the most complete Melda plugin so far, and includes pretty much everything else, then anything that improves MSF has knock on benefits for the whole product line.

It does look from the outside as very well thought out, very well designed. And it could be with most of it, although there were some comments by Vojtech about the MDrummer code not being so idealistically built.

By principle it does look like a very well made line of software products and it is certain that this outlook does have internal representations inside the code. We can therefore suppose that minimal effort is required to disseminate improvements, bug fixes, feature updates through all products...

amused: Correct!

mevla: Yes! With MDrummer it is a bit complicated, it is the oldest thing, so while big part of it was already rewritten to the newer standards, just some of it, so...
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

I'm a little confused about the relationship between MDrummer and MSF though. Surely MSF doesn't replace MDrummer, right?

rlared wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 1:51 am I'm a little confused about the relationship between MDrummer and MSF though. Surely MSF doesn't replace MDrummer, right?
No! MDrummer is a very specialized beast for drums!
Vojtech

I am a veteran of the software industry, worked for companies large and small. They come and go, merge and are acquired. Individual products, no matter how beloved, change and are discontinued.

In light of this, I do not purchase any software license with the expectation that the software will be anything other than what it is at the moment I buy the license. Meldaproduction, in the time I have been dealing with them, have an excellent track record of coming out with updates and improvements, such that I would consider any of the bundles an excellent investment for anyone who has the budget.

But as with any investment, past performance is no guarantee of future results. A predictor, yes, but no guarantee.

Are your plug-ins worth what you paid for them? Of course they are. They're still bug-free and going to outperform most of what else is out there for a long time to come even if they are frozen right now. How often does the competition update their plug-ins and bundles? And to what extent?

I don't sit around waiting for bug fixes from Meldaproduction because from my perspective, there have never been any. I've never experienced any bugs. So every dot release is like a new box of Cracker Jack, I look to see what prize is inside.

For owners of the big bundles (I have a Free Bundle upgrade license, which is actually pretty cool), Xmas comes several times a year.

Starship Krupa wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2019 4:00 am I do not purchase any software license with the expectation that the software will be anything other than what it is at the moment I buy the license.
This I think is the sensible position to take.

When one pays for unfulfilled promises, part of the blame is bundled with the purchase. While promising what you can't deliver may be deceitful or stupid, and not delivering what you promise makes you look bad, so does buying something that doesn't exist. Some purchases are not even made in good faith in the developer's abilities and work ethics, but based purely on the buyer's wishful thinking - which is fine as long as the buyer acknowledges their personal responsibility in how they choose to "invest" their money..!

Really the only thing I do expect is it does reliably what it claims to do, and communication (including customer support).

I find the ubiquitous worrying talk about patching to be a depressive reflection of the expected low quality of software these days, as in it has become the norm and perfectly acceptable that all software is so fundamentally flawed that its "maintenance" requires continuous effort regardless of its functional purpose. Typically when I find that a piece of software hasn't been patched in years, yet it's perfectly usable, I might as well think this must be some good code since there's nothing to improve. Of course I appreciate bug fixes, new features and optimization, but the thing is every new feature brings a potential new handful of bugs to fix. So what inspires most confidence in me are infrequent patches with short changelogs consisting exclusively of bug fixes or optimizations.

On topic itself... To put MeldaProduction's statement about directing their effort towards MSoundFactory in context; My guess is that what we're seeing emerge in form of MSoundFactory (besides the new stuff and a nice UI that can handle everything) is a conglomeration of the interfaces & implementations that Melda have been purpose-building for the development of their audio production tools through the years so ultimately (still guessing..!) the [technical] success or failure of MSoundFactory is most importantly determined by the quality of their existing codebase. I have all the more reason to believe so because I've seen people say that their plugins share many common components. So while it doesn't logically follow that every improvement to MSoundFactory will benefit every (or any) other component, I think the development effort is likely to radiate to other products because by choosing to concentrate on MSoundFactory I think they're going in the direction where the problems they'll be solving are naturally going to motivate them to improve and extend the existing codebase. So it may be little improvements here and there, more inter-process communication, maybe even some unexpected features, and more robust and seamless underlying framework. Really just the fact that MSoundFactory exists without imploding, and that they're going forward with it, signals me Melda has high confidence in their code. May it grow organically into a magnificient creature!

Just a bunch of specumalation... please do mercilessly shoot me down for anything I got wrong.

Also, just bought my first Melda product. Can anyone guess what my personally responsible self chose to risk-invest in? :-D

Return to “MeldaProduction”