Is it possible not to laugh when someone says calls them self a "producer"?

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Question then...why do people call themselves producers instead of musicians?

Plenty of musicians recorded demos in home studios for decades, but they didn't call themselves producers back in the day.

Coz produzah.

Forgotten wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 2:25 pm Question then...why do people call themselves producers instead of musicians?

Plenty of musicians recorded demos in home studios for decades, but they didn't call themselves producers back in the day.
that's cause we were pioneers :tu:
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

FWIW, i am a Ambient and Chillout musician.

Take that, elitists.

chk071 wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 2:32 pm
Take that, elitists.
bloody boyband as well, no right to be elitist :x

chk071 wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 2:32 pm FWIW, I am an Ambient and Chillout musician.

Take that, elitists.
Take that, shoddy grammar.

Best wishes,

the elitists.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

Forgotten wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 2:25 pm Question then...why do people call themselves producers instead of musicians?
Because their aspiration is not to become a musician, it's to have something to show, yet bypassing all that pesky woodshedding and study.

chk071 wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 2:32 pm FWIW, i am a Ambient and Chillout musician.

Take that, elitists.
that's not really very chill

jancivil wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 5:43 pm
Because their aspiration is not to become a musician, it's to have something to show, yet bypassing all that pesky woodshedding and study.
i did 4 years at uni studying production :o
ive got certificates and everything.
still not sure id call myself a "producer" though.
im an artist :D

vurt wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 5:50 pm
jancivil wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 5:43 pm
i did 4 years at uni studying production :o
ive got certificates and everything.
still not sure id call myself a "producer" though.
im an artist :D
Ok..
So I will prod_u_sir.... :P

:wink: :hihi:

:o that's common assault man!!!

If you are Bob Ezrin or Daniel Lanois, you may as well run around the Earth screaming out loud 24/7 you are THE producer, all good in my book.

But if you are this type of guy >>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-lXmOE9PApw (and lets be honest, most schmucks from YT tutorials, music SW commercials, calling themselves "prohdusarz", are exactly this type of guy).

Then producer you are NOT.

vurt wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 6:38 pm :o that's common assault man!!!
Common.. common!!!!!!!!
nothing common 'bout you sir....

unless you lurk around the green parks and commons
:monocle:

yehboy1 wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 6:32 pm Has a controlled experiment been done to see if a human can avoid a chuckle?
You don't know much about music producing i guess?! :phones:
Last edited by mladi on Wed Jun 26, 2019 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Intel® Core™ i9-9900K•Cubase 11•Presonus Eris E8 XT•Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 & Octopre•NI Kontrol S61 MK2•Stein­berg CC121•Synthesizers: Arturia Casio Korg Roland Yamaha

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”