I love my Cubase 10

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Kalamata Kid wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 8:41 pm Looks like Cubase will get ARA on 6-26-16.
I am looking forward to this event!

Let's hope it will be as good or better as the ARA in Studio One.
I am hoping it does the "track transform being editable and reflected back to MIDI" that Studio One does, courtesy of ARA.

macmuse wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 4:35 pm
Kalamata Kid wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 8:41 pm Looks like Cubase will get ARA on 6-26-16.

I am hoping it does the "track transform being editable and reflected back to MIDI" that Studio One does, courtesy of ARA.
Not sure what that means but it sounds great that S1 can do it.
Do you have more info on this?

The way you can freeze a track in S1 is "transform to audio track". This takes the MIDI and renders to audio while retaining the MIDI data. But here's the great part in S1: you can crop the audio, move the regions around, duplicate, etc. Then if you need to go back to MIDI, you transform back to the MIDI track and ALL the edits that you made while it was audio is now reflected as MIDI. Unlike Logic where when a track is frozen you cannot do anything with it, not only can you edit it but you don't lose all the edits if you had to go back to MIDI. I think it's one of S1's best features.

The only thing keeping me from loving Cubase 9.5 is the GUI.

I so, SO miss my 7.5 GUI. If only Cubase had GUI options where user can pick from their styles of SX3 till now, that would be great. Like how other DAWs have themes.

I would literally pay someone to skin C9.5 to look like C7.5.

Cubase 10.0.30
New Feature
ARA 2 support is now available with this version. This feature can be found under the
Extensions heading. There are three ways to apply ARA-capable Extensions to an audio
event:
- Audio Menu > Extensions > Choose Extensions (e.g. Melodyne)
- Context Menu on Audio Events > Extensions > Choose Extensions
- Info Line in project window for selected Audio Events > Extensions > There you
can either select an Extension, or you can read which Extension is already active
for the selected event.
The Extension item only appears if ARA-enabled extensions have been found by Cubase.
If there is nothing on the system, you won't be able to see it in the menu.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lV5mQ1i14Z4
http://download.steinberg.net/downloads ... istory.pdf
"Where we're workarounding, we don't NEED features." - powermat

Trying to update Melodyne.
The Installation Wizard says the current 4.02.103 will be updated to 4.02.0204.
Isn’t 4.02.0204 an older version?
What is required to Melodyne to Work in Cubase ARA?

Maybe a typo? Current version is 4.2.2.004

What is ARA ?

Blaster wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:55 pm Maybe a typo? Current version is 4.2.2.004
Yea, In the zip file it does say 4.2.2.004
but on the setup it say 4.02.0204. likely a typo.

Thanks

Installed fine. Activated Melodyne as an extension on an audio track fine. Edited audio in Melodyne fine. Try to playback audio—no sound.

Consulted Melodyne on line help. Ensured cache folder permissions were correct. Still no sound.

Deactivate extension—unprocessed audio clip plays fine in Cubase.

WTF?

-u
"I guess one person can make a difference, but most of the time they probably shouldn't." -M. Simpson

Cubase is a great old school DAW.

Unfocused wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 12:39 am Installed fine. Activated Melodyne as an extension on an audio track fine. Edited audio in Melodyne fine. Try to playback audio—no sound.

Consulted Melodyne on line help. Ensured cache folder permissions were correct. Still no sound.

Deactivate extension—unprocessed audio clip plays fine in Cubase.

WTF?

-u
Turn off 64-bit processing in Cubase. It's a known issue. Going to be fixed in 10.0.40 whenever that is.

The other bug with Melodyne is that it doesn't play well right now with audio edits (fades, gain, maybe even take lanes) so you're expected to finalize a comp, render, then apply Melodyne. Another bug that say will be fixed in 10.0.40.

Somebody else asked and has so far been ignored, so I'll try this -
What is ARA and why should I care?
lotus2035 wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 3:07 amYes, by golly that was it! You sir are a lifesaver and I am a moron. :hihi: Thank you.
That's not fair, I wanted to call you that.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

rmacattack wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 1:28 am Cubase is a great old school DAW.
"Old school" as opposed to what?
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

I don't care for ARA, but I'm happy with Cubase so far.
Old school seems to meet that this is 30 years old and linear as a sequencer.
So not that cool as Ableton with all that not linear action triggering.
Symphony Nr.1
Meet the Cities Repair Team Unimportant laughter
music has become meaningless...we just keep doing it

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”