IK Multimedia T-racks Tape Machine Collection

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
T-RackS Tape Machine Collection

plexuss wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 5:33 am
v1o wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 5:18 am Perhaps we can blame the operator here. High CPU and high latency effects processors are usually for mastering.
Might as well. Blame who ever is most convenient i guess if that's how you do what you do. :phones:
It’s been mentioned that the devs wanted a no compromise approach to modelling. Something we don’t have with existing Tape plugins which are all light on CPU. In fact all the T-racks plugins internally oversample without the option of a draft or low quality. And historically their devs have never been receptive to changes to the way they do things.
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

electro wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 3:34 pm
Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 7:43 pm10 is a generous number already, and if you need more because you like to format windows 5 times a year and use it on your desktop and laptop, then contact support, explain why, and they'll give you more.
Shouldn't your codes still work after you format windows?
Depends on how it's implemented. If it's hardware based activation, like a C/R system, then probably. I don't think the IK Auth System works that way but maybe Peter can confirm.

Either way, I've never heard of anyone getting denied for legit reasons by IK.

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 3:46 pm
electro wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 3:34 pm
Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 7:43 pm10 is a generous number already, and if you need more because you like to format windows 5 times a year and use it on your desktop and laptop, then contact support, explain why, and they'll give you more.
Shouldn't your codes still work after you format windows?
Depends on how it's implemented. If it's hardware based activation, like a C/R system, then probably. I don't think the IK Auth System works that way but maybe Peter can confirm.

Either way, I've never heard of anyone getting denied for legit reasons by IK.
I've actually tried this and their authorization manager manager recognizes you're on the same rig, but the last time I tried this (3 months ago) it resulted in errors, and I had chose off-line and manually update the XML-file with my previous response codes.

Sometimes even smaller changes can waste an activation with these systems, like installing a VPN-adapter or a virtual adapter (ex with virtual box). Waves doesn't handle this well for instance.

I much prefer the schemes where you can manually activate/de-active your software (ex Plugin-Alliance and Rob Papen). Challenge response systems are also terrible if the vendor shuts down, so nowadays I actually prefer ILOK/e-licenser. Basic serials are the best, but I can understand why vendors don't like them.

Oh I like these!! I particularly like the Transport Modelling and True Stereo feature. I also like how they are optional and not “baked in”

These are definitely on my “get list”.

Thanks for the kind words, people really seem to love these tape machines. Here's a new video from Unders using the Tape Machine Collection:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ADJOcohrROU

Note that we are entering the last days to get the special introductory pricing:
After June 30, The Tape Machine Singles will be offered for $/€99.99* each, and the T-RackS Tape Machine Collection featuring all four machines will be offered for $/€199.99* (a savings of 50% compared to purchasing individual models separately).

There's no debating the quality of the products , I really wish we could persuade you IK folks to update the authorization to something a bit more user-friendly.

It seems pretty straight-forward to me, for a challenge-response system. What did you have in mind?
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

Well in brief, a central Installer could manage , authorize and Install any or all of your IK products in one handy installer. Manages everything very easily no matter how many plug-ins you have. You install the Installer, log in , it checks, lists what you own, you select what you install, no extra faffing with serials or seperate installers.

What the hell happened to my post? Anyways, all I was saying is that I've had little to no problems with it. The one thing I don't like is installers that will put on everything unless you uncheck them (they are not the only ones who do this)

I just wish they would update the installer so that plugins and formats to install could be selected.
You are currently reading my signature.

These are so subtle... Maybe it's my old ears, but when people A/B "on" and "off", I can hardly tell a difference.

Am I the only one? What qualities should I be listening for?
A well-behaved signature.

JerGoertz wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 8:11 pm These are so subtle... Maybe it's my old ears, but when people A/B "on" and "off", I can hardly tell a difference.

Drive it harder first so you clearly hear the effect, then you´ll know what to listen for when you back off to normal settings. Some of them soften transients a bit, others soften the top end and give the low end a small bump, but i can indeed be very subtle on the cleaner models.

/J

JerGoertz wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 8:11 pm These are so subtle... Maybe it's my old ears, but when people A/B "on" and "off", I can hardly tell a difference.

If you have the time watch the video from this guy:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oUvYYuCI6Vs&t=577s

He does a pretty good job explaining for what to listen to exactly. Helped me a lot to really see / hear what they are doing.
proud to produce warezless!
my Trap beatz:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4J14A ... -FzS9TNa2w

Listen how transients get smoother, dynamics get punchier, highs get silky and lows more defined and powerful. Also, the overall mix balance sounds more natural and kind of tangible and alive. I especially like these qualities with the model 80 and 99. Haven't heard such highs from a plugin before...

Return to “Effects”