refunds?

Any problems with the site? How can we improve KVR?
RELATED
PRODUCTS

cupboard wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 3:45 pm hehehe. what a world. don't know about where you are but we have this thing in the bill of sales act [UK] about something being 'fit for purpose' and if it's not 'fit for purpose' I have legal right to a refund under the 'trade descriptions act' for upto 14 days for anything purchased from the internet. someone no doubt will have a more precise legal definition. but that's as I understand the position is. "it's 32bit. I can't use it. it's not fit for my purpose and - in good faith - I purchased it as advertised"
so it was advertised as 64bit too?

Let us know if you got the refund, Cupboard. Don't listen to these people trying to say you should of known. It is totally acceptable to assume in 2019 that a paid piece of software will be 64-bit.

jeffb01 wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 5:16 pm Let us know if you got the refund, Cupboard. Don't listen to these people trying to say you should of known. It is totally acceptable to assume in 2019 that a paid piece of software will be 64-bit.
wrong

if its not advertised as 64bit, or as 32bit only, it is totally acceptable that the user ask or demo before purchase

as always, buyer beware

https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/consu ... -download/

Critically this section: "You could try asking for a full refund, but the law doesn’t give you the right to one like it does with faulty goods."
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

As i mentioned, i don't think it's unreasonable, or unjustified to ask and get a refund. Actually, i'm pretty sure this will happen here. It's just the mug and rob thing i don't get here. On this very site, you can already inform yourself about availability of 32- and 64-bit. And, if you can't, you can visit the developer's website.

Which plugin is that anyway? It has to be very, very old. Or it is SynthEdit, or Flowstone, and the developer didn't bother to port it to 64-bit yet.
AnX wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 5:18 pm as always, buyer beware
Exactly. Just don't impulsively hit the Buy button.

chk071 wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 5:23 pm

Exactly. Just don't impulsively hit the Buy button.
The link between brain and right hand index (L_button) finger not always works...
from somewhere comes an electrical push pulse.. :shrug:

:)

From a developer perspective, it is really hard to know if the user is indeed not going to use the product or is just pulling a fast one and trying to get something for free. Not saying it is the case here, so drop all your guns!! :hihi: Just saying that the user must always read the whole description and should always test the demonstration version first. But yeah, 32 bits is lame for 2019, the developer should really make it VERY clear it was only 32 bits. Also, Steinberg (shit) should be ashamed that their daws don't run an internal 32 bits bridge. Even FREE Sonar has one, Reaper too, FL too... and so on and on and on... :dog:

Now I'm also curious of what is the plugin. :-p

Cheers, WilliamK

Studio One doesn't have a bit bridge, nor does Ableton Live. The majority of major DAW's don't have a bit bridge anymore. Also shows how many (few) are still using that deprecated tech.

hehehe I love how these things end up. "was the plaintiff sufficiently informed of the manufacturers specifications?" well, on a 10 inch tablet screen some 10pt lettering in pale gray is observable. "then he was technically informed?" - most of the law exists on 'good will' it's more about corporate reputation if anything. however. - i'll try this quote again and see if it gets edited out "life? don't talk to me about life....." Marvin the paranoid android from The Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy

So... which plugin was it?

either they said it was 64bit, or they didnt, its not a trick question

why dont you just say what plugin it is so everyone can check for themselves, instead of trying to decipher your cryptic answers

"well, on a 10 inch tablet screen some 10pt lettering in pale gray is observable." have you never visited the k-v-r marketplace? it's a joy to behold! many fine goods, very cheep prices. I ain't taking the … but would I be here asking k-v-r if they do refunds if I were dealing with a third party website 'there was no did they say it or not' "for it was written" on the website. could I see it? was it prominent? was I "made aware of it". that may be so or not but when you look at loads of these things in a day and suddenly something pops up and says 'i'm just what you're looking for and at just the right price' 'half price! buy today! in an impulse way you just, as the guy says above, expect most things to be 64bit compliant these days. you've no real reason to require to know what plugin it was - it's irrelevant.

ok, so user error, you didnt check

hard cheese old boy, you'll have to suck it up.
Maybe buy a bigger screen, or dont be so impulsive. Nobody has ripped you off.

cupboard wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 8:33 pm you've no real reason to require to know what plugin it was - it's irrelevant.
You're whole topic is irrelevant.
Intel® Core™ i9-9900K•Cubase 11•Presonus Eris E8 XT•Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 & Octopre•NI Kontrol S61 MK2•Stein­berg CC121•Synthesizers: Arturia Casio Korg Roland Yamaha

Return to “Site Stuff”