2019 a year in gear (what have you/are you bought/buying?)

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

what? in case hussey trys fingering you?

vurt wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:03 pm what? in case hussey trys fingering you?

:o

:lol: :lol: :lol:

that made my day mate :hihi:

foosnark wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 10:20 pm Got in on the Sweetwater discount on Elektron Analog Drive. :rubs hands together:
I got one too... not bad for $99!
I had one that I got in trade when they first came out but I really needed stereo, balanced I/O at the time, so I traded up for an Analog Heat. I love the AH, it's a lot of fun to throw CV at it but it's also a great tool for subtle saturation (I use my API 2500 to drive it, all the time).

The AD sounds great on synths but I mostly use it on electric bass. It excels at maintaining a tight low-end, even at high gain. Also, you don't see many analog distortion/drive/fuzz pedals with MIDI I/O.

Have a Zoom H1n and the accessory pack on its way. Mainly so I can take the Ether out for walks and record what it picks up but I'll also see if it's any good at recording my jams. Then I could skip booting up the computer just to record.
Image Image Image Image

AnX wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:01 pm and that, ladies and gentlemen, is why i always wear two pairs of pants :party:
Brilliant! I ripped the seat of my pants on the first day of Winter NAMM a few years ago. I had to give products demos all day, just pretending you couldn't see my underwear hanging out. I could have used that kind of advice. :oops:

^ hilarious
expert only on what it feels like to be me
https://soundcloud.com/mrnatural-1/tracks

AnX wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:11 pm

:hihi: happy to help :)

sprnva wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:29 pm Have a Zoom H1n and the accessory pack on its way. Mainly so I can take the Ether out for walks and record what it picks up but I'll also see if it's any good at recording my jams. Then I could skip booting up the computer just to record.
and im seriously considering the ether now
as much as a walkman replacement as a musical tool.

Yeah that was one of the big selling points for me (along with the inevitable musical applications). When I took it out for the walk a couple of weeks ago I was walking through the TV section of an electrical shop and out of nowhere one TV put out this amazing sound as I passed it.

I dunno if you saw my post in the thread with my track but I got mine from SOMA's Polish division. So you wouldn't have to mess about with customs etc this time. They don't do Paypal though, so I paid via bank transfer.
Image Image Image Image

yeah i saw that thanks 8)
im sure i can sort a bank transfer, i imagine theres instructions somewhere :lol:

had a look at the page too, noticed they're offering some sounds for people to use, in case anyone is interested :)

but you really have to stop posting cool equipment, not sure my granddaughter will be ready for these kinds of toys for a couple of years :hihi:

vurt wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:40 pm

c'mon vurt, i set you up perfectly for the "hole weak" punchline :hihi:

Got myself a new distortion pedal. Something in purple, and omg it rawks. Out with the old...

AnX wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 5:11 am
vurt wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:40 pm

c'mon vurt, i set you up perfectly for the "hole weak" punchline :hihi:
:lol:

justin3am wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:25 pm The AD sounds great on synths but I mostly use it on electric bass. It excels at maintaining a tight low-end, even at high gain. Also, you don't see many analog distortion/drive/fuzz pedals with MIDI I/O.
I wasn't expecting it to be so large and tanky. For now I've put my Microbrute away and have the AD sitting on a laptop stand above my Reface CS. They make a pretty good pair -- it can beef up the CS's otherwise lacking low end, or push it just a little harder, or make it really scream. So far I haven't even tried it with anything else.

I may have to pick up a noise gate pedal though. The Reface's noise floor is pretty high, and while I'd been relying on software for that, I don't want to go ITB and back out through the pedal just for a noise gate.

Finally succumbed to the lure of hardware synths.

I bought a Korg Monotron Delay, and immediately decided I want another one. Or 2. And, hopefully, that cheap second hand portable multitrack recording thingie with built-in mike.

It's so warm I took off all my clothes. I swear, analog really does make one bigger.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”