DUNE 3 is now available!!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic

it IS pretty great. but... can we edit an arpeggiator pattern? in other synth plugins, i can drag the bar to another note, but here? seems unchangeable (or do i have to export it out, change it as midi, then import it back???).....

in midi mode, no editing, its an imported midi file (usually by whoever made the preset)

AnX wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 11:32 am in midi mode, no editing, its an imported midi file (usually by whoever made the preset)
d'oh! (thanx)...

Coda4 wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 8:42 am Just got Dune 3 a few days ago. What a beast! Best sounding synth on the market imo. So thick, warm and lush. I do wish it had a right click option to modulate a parameter or drag and drop like Hive does. That's about the only nitpick though. The oscillators, filters, effects all sound superb to me. And 2 arpeggiators are cool to have :)

This is my definitely my go-to now and makes me not care about any other synth out there, as sound wise for my taste, I find it trumps them all.
That's exactly my experience.

If you use the vintage waveforms (on the WT oscillator) plus one of the analog emulation filters you can get some very convincing analog sounds.

Danilo Villanova wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 7:21 pm
Coda4 wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 8:42 am Just got Dune 3 a few days ago. What a beast! Best sounding synth on the market imo. So thick, warm and lush. I do wish it had a right click option to modulate a parameter or drag and drop like Hive does. That's about the only nitpick though. The oscillators, filters, effects all sound superb to me. And 2 arpeggiators are cool to have :)

This is my definitely my go-to now and makes me not care about any other synth out there, as sound wise for my taste, I find it trumps them all.

If you use the vintage waveforms (on the WT oscillator) plus one of the analog emulation filters you can get some very convincing analog sounds.
True, dont be afraid to go a little dark with the filters, then dial it back.
It can get nicely analog.

Nice! I haven't used the WTs tha much yet I mostly use it in VA mode. The Blade Runner lead preset (1st one in Dune 3 Factory leads) is also really nice. So many inspiring warm sounds out of this synth, love it so much

Waiting for a sale at the end of the year to grab it.

Coda4 wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 6:00 am

Nice! I haven't used the WTs tha much yet I mostly use it in VA mode. The Blade Runner lead preset (1st one in Dune 3 Factory leads) is also really nice. So many inspiring warm sounds out of this synth, love it so much
Dune 3 can do a broad range of sounds, here are some interesting ones I found:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RiR3Bbl ... e=youtu.be

:tu:

collider wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 1:35 pm Waiting for a sale at the end of the year to grab it.
Let's hope it goes on sale sooner; anyone with a hint of 'when' ?

not before xmas, they usually wait for 12 months after release

I'm confused by the way keytracking seems to function in Dune 3. In my limited experience, when I increase a parameter like filter keytracking in other synths such as Hive 2 the cutoff frequency decreases for lower notes and increases for higher notes, but in Dune 3 (demo) it just sounds to me like the cutoff frequency increases for all notes as I increase keytracking.

For example, if I'm using a LP filter all notes become brighter as keytracking amount is increased.

Dim Vision wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 12:36 pm I'm confused by the way keytracking seems to function in Dune 3. In my limited experience, when I increase a parameter like filter keytracking in other synths such as Hive 2 the cutoff frequency decreases for lower notes and increases for higher notes, but in Dune 3 (demo) it just sounds to me like the cutoff frequency increases for all notes as I increase keytracking.

For example, if I'm using a LP filter all notes become brighter as keytracking amount is increased.
Same in Dune 2. It's something which always bothered me.

I think the pivot note for keytracking is simply set too high.

chk071 wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 1:01 pm Same in Dune 2. It's something which always bothered me.

I think the pivot note for keytracking is simply set too high.
Do you ever manage to make worthwhile use of keytracking, or have you simply abandoned the parameter altogether?

It seems I could raise the cutoff frequency parameter instead to achieve a similar effect, making keytracking rather redundant, though perhaps I just haven't created a patch yet with which it can be easily heard.

Hello,

For different reasons do i like Dune 2 more than Version 3. When i purchase D3. Is it possible to get the older ones too?

Return to “Instruments”