EMU 1212m/1616m on Windows 7 - The Thread to End All Other EMU Threads!

Configure and optimize you computer for Audio.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

working with emu 0404 pci !
I didn't have any digital rights to access the script.
fix it..."Set-ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted" in powershell(admin) :)

many red lines in the next …
fixit... system 32 set access rights !!!

first line / last line the same red...
fix it. .. open script rename first line "Get-PnpDevice -FriendlyName "E-MU E-DSP" | Disable-PnpDevice -Confirm:$false -Verbose"

rename last line "Get-PnpDevice -FriendlyName "E-MU E-DSP" | Enable-PnpDevice -Confirm:$false -Verbose"

install patchmix dsp - reboot :)

ClubHouseKey wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 4:45 pm
tobra wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 4:40 pm @ ClubHouseKey, I followed your instructions and was not successful for the first time. I followed what PowerShell wrote. When I corrected the name of the driver script file it did everything without problems. Now I enjoy my favorite sound card E-MU1616m PCI-e. Thank you for that.

My post where I wrote about the problem.
That’s great to hear! Thank you for sharing your updated script and helping others to get their cards working. :hug:
Although I am still on win7 and hence don't have these problems, as an owner of 2 EMU cards 1212m and our shared love of these cards... you work here is much appreciated....

Thanx for helping other emu-lovers... ;)

tobra wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 4:40 pm @ ClubHouseKey, I followed your instructions and was not successful for the first time. I followed what PowerShell wrote. When I corrected the name of the driver script file it did everything without problems. Now I enjoy my favorite sound card E-MU1616m PCI-e. Thank you for that.

My post where I wrote about the problem.
Well sorted...
all help is always appreciated )))

candlee33 wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 5:04 pmfirst line / last line the same red...
fix it. .. open script rename first line "Get-PnpDevice -FriendlyName "E-MU E-DSP" | Disable-PnpDevice -Confirm:$false -Verbose"

rename last line "Get-PnpDevice -FriendlyName "E-MU E-DSP" | Enable-PnpDevice -Confirm:$false -Verbose"

install patchmix dsp - reboot :)
In the control panel, what's the name of the driver?

See the picture.

ok now i got it. I think someone missed the "-" (dash) in the scriptfile... E-MU E-DSP Audio Processor (WDM)
anyway thank you very much! Keep up the good work^ peace
http://bit.ly/2YL42ix <- YouTube Abo grandfilou.hiphop :tu: :phones:

Many thanks to the creators! :clap: The script works! :tu: :phones:
E-MU MOD3 LA
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sorry if it is a wrong place for posting this, but I'm confused about the card capabilities. I have an 0404 PCI and use it only as DAC just for playng music. I always used the PatchMix as default, but I noticed I can create a custom 192 khz session. Is it right for playing HI-RES FLAC or the card doesn't have this capatibility? Is create a 192 khz session the right option? Thanks for your help, I'm noob :(
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

rootsandculture wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 1:32 pm Sorry if it is a wrong place for posting this, but I'm confused about the card capabilities. I have an 0404 PCI and use it only as DAC just for playng music. I always used the PatchMix as default, but I noticed I can create a custom 192 khz session. Is it right for playing HI-RES FLAC or the card doesn't have this capatibility? Is create a 192 khz session the right option? Thanks for your help, I'm noob :(
Don't worry about it too much.
High sample rate audio is snake oil.
48Khz s/r is already above human hearing range.

You only need high sample rates when producing audio to avoid aliasing (VA synths and overdrive effects for example).
[====[\\\\\\\\]>------,

Ay caramba !

@ rootsandculture, sound card 0404 supports 192Khz.

tobra wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 5:33 pm @ rootsandculture, sound card 0404 supports 192Khz.
Thanks @tobra. Should I start a new 192 khz session, that's all? (and play HI-RES FLAC of course) or should I configure something more?

tobra wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:22 pm Download the script from my post. Because the script file is fixed to "E-MU E DSP Audio Processor (WDM)".

Download all necessary files as described by member ClubHouseKey. Install the driver as described by the member ClubHouseKey.

The directory setting would be like this.

1. Create a "temp" folder on the hard disk "C:\temp". The ScriptFiles file you downloaded move to "temp" folder which you have previously made.
2. Unpack the file ScriptFiles, right-click on the file ScriptFiles and select the option to "Extract All..." you will get this as shown in the picture.

3. Move file "XFTI_PCDRV_L11_2_40_0018" into the "ScriptFiles" directory. If you do not have the 7z program download it.
4. Right-click on the file "XFTI_PCDRV_L11_2_40_0018" and select the option to 7-zip --> Extract to "XFTI_PCDRV_L11_2_40_0018\" and now you should have this as shown in the picture.

5. Run Windows Power Shell.

6. Now you need to go to the directory "C:\temp\ScriptFiles". Enter the command >Set-Location C:\temp\ScriptFiles< (without ><) enter.
7. Now you need to activate the script file, enter the command >.\EMU_Driver_Fix.ps1< (without ><) enter. Now it should be good if you followed the instructions. Next, follow the instructions that the member described ClubHouseKey.
8. Install PatchMix 2.20 (EmuPMX PCApp US 2 20 00.exe) and reboot.
9. Your card should be fully functional now.

I think I helped you at least a little bit. :wink:
68/5000
HELLO, I'LL TRY THIS METHOD. I HAVE A 1212, WHICH HAS TWO MODULES DO YOU KNOW IF IT WORKS IN WINDOWS 7 64 BIT ?. ANOTHER QUESTION, BETWEEN A SAFFIRE 6 USB AND AN EMU 1212 WHICH SEEMS YOU OF BETTER QUALITY? WHAT DO YOU RECOMMEND ME TO DO?
REGARDS FROM ARGENTINA.

1212 works in W7-64 without any issue.
1212 (PCI) has lower latency than saffire (USB).

@ l_maseroni, this applies only to a newer version of Windows 10, 1903. As for which is better sound card, my opinion is that it is better 1212 sound card. I have a sound card E-MU 1616m PCI-e. :wink:

Best regards
tobra

tobra wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 7:28 am @ l_maseroni, this applies only to a newer version of Windows 10, 1903. As for which is better sound card, my opinion is that it is better 1212 sound card. I have a sound card E-MU 1616m PCI-e. :wink:

Best regards
tobra
Ok, Then I should have no problems installing my 1212 board in W7 64 bit and should not do the scripts. I use these drivers?

EmuPMX_PCDrv_US_2_30_00_BETA.exe - E-MU beta drivers for Windows Vista x64 compatibility. These can support most models.
https://support.creative.com/downloads/ ... adId=12479 (https://support.creative.com/downloads/ ... adId=12479)

EmuPMX_PCApp_US_2_20_00.exe - E-MU PatchMix software meant for the 1616M PCIe model
https://support.creative.com/downloads/ ... adId=11912 (https://support.creative.com/downloads/ ... adId=11912)

On the page there are others too, that's why my question.

1. The latency is a good point, I'm just having problems in pro tools 12.5 hd with respect to that issue when I record and try to monitor myself. I hope it improves with 1212
2. I know that the 1212 does not have preamps, or output of headphones by hand, they told me that I should buy a mixer even if it is 4 channels so that it works as a preview and I can also use the XLR microphone inputs that this board does not have, as well as the phantom power. Do you recommend something special? Is a preamp better than a mixer? I would like something that does not add unwanted noise like blows and those things.
3. At the time had problems with beeps with the 1212, that is solved by setting the sampling frequency correctly? because they were quite annoying and went into the recording if I remember correctly.
4. Works well with pro tools 12 hd this EMU board?
Thank you for your help

Another question I would like to ask is this: With this Emu 1212 audio board can I get 8 channels to record simultaneously if I connect it with adat to an 8 channel preamp for example? Would this give good results in terms of audio quality? I'm looking at some preamp to buy and I have this doubt. In that case with the preamp would it be fine or would I need a mixer too?
Thank you!

Return to “Computer Setup and System Configuration”