Native Instruments Massive X Synth - Sequel to Massive (Out Now!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Massive Massive X X-Squared For Massive X

noiseboyuk wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 4:09 pm
v1o wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 4:03 pm June 27 is eight days away. It feels like the clock is ticking towards a massive delay.
Personally doubt that. The 27th only appeared as a date a couple of weeks ago - it would be very odd indeed to announce that only to then kick it forward a few months. If I were being cynical, I'd have thought a lot of 1.0 bugs were more likely than another delay :)
I hope you're right because apart from MX I've never known NI to miss important product milestones like this. They've have been strangely silent lately. You'd expect them to ramp up the marketing efforts while we're so close. They've not said a word about MX since April.
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

EvilDragon wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 4:20 pm Doesn't have to be mousing at all when you have it on a key command. :P
That's one extra key command to remember! I already have hundreds to memorise since I work in different software packages and productivity apps. When you get to my age muscle memory is not the same.
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

digitalboytn wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:11 pm My question is quite simple...

How will Massive X help us to compose better music ?
It's entirely possible that the sound quality will be unprecedented. The original Massive along with NI FM8 contributed massively to the birth of Dubstep music. It's like FL Studio and it's influence on American southern rap music. In short if MX lives up to the hype 100%, it will lead to new genres and sub genres of electronic music.
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

Likely not....Why? Because its all been there done that. The software field is too cluttered. I highly doubt massive x will offer anything groundbreaking. Assuming just because FM8 and Massive was responsible for Dubstep (DNB music came first, and is still breaking new ground in sound design), is irrelevant by today's standards. back in 2011, yea FM8 and Massive were the only real vst's that were groundbreaking in that it defined genres, but today its silly to think NI can pull off something groundbreaking again now that so much time has passed, and Serum kind of cornered the market. Now with Phaseplant out, and many others, I doubt Massive X will shock anyone. Im sure it will be a great vst, but not ground breaking

You don't need any groundbreaking synths to make great music. In reality, I only use a fraction of their possibilities before getting job done, and you can get far with presets only. Most of tunes are just a copy-paste variations of past tunes, and there is no need for any state-of-art sound design. Not even time for that.
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

vertibration wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 4:57 pm Likely not....Why? Because its all been there done that. The software field is too cluttered. I highly doubt massive x will offer anything groundbreaking. Assuming just because FM8 and Massive was responsible for Dubstep (DNB music came first, and is still breaking new ground in sound design), is irrelevant by today's standards. back in 2011, yea FM8 and Massive were the only real vst's that were groundbreaking in that it defined genres, but today its silly to think NI can pull off something groundbreaking again now that so much time has passed, and Serum kind of cornered the market. Now with Phaseplant out, and many others, I doubt Massive X will shock anyone. Im sure it will be a great vst, but not ground breaking
Like when a gentleman at the patent office declared that all inventions had been discovered already or when bill gates said that no one will ever need more than 640k etc etc...

mixtur.se wrote: Like when a gentleman at the patent office declared that all inventions had been discovered already or when bill gates said that no one will ever need more than 640k etc etc...
Both of which are apocryphal attributions.

mixtur.se wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 5:34 pm
vertibration wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 4:57 pm Likely not....Why? Because its all been there done that. The software field is too cluttered. I highly doubt massive x will offer anything groundbreaking. Assuming just because FM8 and Massive was responsible for Dubstep (DNB music came first, and is still breaking new ground in sound design), is irrelevant by today's standards. back in 2011, yea FM8 and Massive were the only real vst's that were groundbreaking in that it defined genres, but today its silly to think NI can pull off something groundbreaking again now that so much time has passed, and Serum kind of cornered the market. Now with Phaseplant out, and many others, I doubt Massive X will shock anyone. Im sure it will be a great vst, but not ground breaking
Like when a gentleman at the patent office declared that all inventions had been discovered already or when bill gates said that no one will ever need more than 640k etc etc...
That argument doesn’t really transfer. I think that assuming that Massive, or any instrument, brings about a genre, is wrong headed. It’s like thinking the printing press brought about writing. The development isn’t really the catalyst, it’s the result of the catalyst. Dubstep guys were bored with what they were doing, so they were looking for new tools. Tool makers see that there’s a hunger for something new, so they make it. A great instrument comes from someone who is also a musician, so it’s a bit of a feedback loop.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

Well, I bet to say MX will be a pivotal point in the field. After it's release we will start to see soft synths departing from old paradigms associated to classic hardware (such as ADSR and multiple oscillators), and new ways of designing sounds will emerge.

Sinisterbr wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 6:43 pm and new ways of designing sounds will emerge.
like hanging upside down?
that might be good for my back.

vurt wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 6:46 pm
Sinisterbr wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 6:43 pm and new ways of designing sounds will emerge.
like hanging upside down?
that might be good for my back.
I already tried that but the piano fell on me. Killed my back!

Friggin gravity!

i was going to leave the "synth" (why youd design sounds on a piano?) where it is and hang above it, a whole new way of looking at things might be inspiring :)

This. Well said.

Rain, Gorilla and Question mark.
Sounds and presets for UVI Falcon "Iterata X".
Bazille soundset - Bioethical Genome Modification.

Frankly, I'm surprised that this synth has caused so much discussion. I'll probably use it here and there, but can't see it's going to change my life or anything.

Return to “Instruments”