FYI!! Melda SoundFactory ON SALE til JUNE 30

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
MSoundFactory MSoundFactory Sound Library

my code MELDA6101756
for the new customer is a great deal, I am intrigued by the future sampler part.
peace and love for all.

Silenced
Last edited by Aloysius on Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

How desperate. That's what the bargain threads are for...

wrong think
Last edited by Aloysius on Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

DocSnyder wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:08 am How desperate. That's what the bargain threads are for...
+1...right !

+1

Whywhy wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:40 am
Echoes in the Attic wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 3:19 am Has anyone tested the MPE? Is there any kind of value scaling like with cypher/strobe and equator?
Msf have : mpe midi controllers users curves with adjustable smoothing value. Into the modulation per voices, you can also transform any modulations with your own curves and min,max,mult,add, between 4 sources.
Thanks! Sounds like they did it right.

Yes they did, though the Grid might prevent me from spending money here...

Well, after several weeks, I've done a complete 180 on this synth. You work with this GUI long enough (and it does take some time) and eventually it becomes second nature. It's not pretty but it's actually one of the most "functional" GUIs I've ever worked with. It's clinical to the point where you can dial things in to the microbe. I don't think I have this much level of control with any other synth that I own.

Soundwise, close to 200 patches in, I've barely scratched the surface. This is a rabbit hole the size of which is beyond immense.

I can still understand people not liking it. This synth won't be for everybody. But if you have patience, you will be rewarded beyond anything you can imagine.

Be warned though. You can make patches that will fry your CPU. It is not hard to do.

My best purchase of 2019 hands down.

Well said:)
Have you started exploring Device building yet? IIRC, you'd previously indicated no interest…?

David wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 4:01 pm Well said:)
Have you started exploring Device building yet? IIRC, you'd previously indicated no interest…?
If somebody can point out an advantage to doing so (personally, I can't think of anything) I'd be happy to explore it. Right now, just designing patches (which is what I do on every other synth I own) is more than enough to keep me busy.

wagtunes wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 4:04 pm
David wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 4:01 pm Well said:)
If somebody can point out an advantage to doing so (personally, I can't think of anything) I'd be happy to explore it. Right now, just designing patches (which is what I do on every other synth I own) is more than enough to keep me busy.
I think the advantage will come when the 'player' version is launched - I assume it will let people play the synths you have created (without the ability to edit) as a free or low cost option and possibly let you sell your instruments…
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

If somebody can point out an advantage to doing so (personally, I can't think of anything) I'd be happy to explore it.
Well, it certainly isn't for "everybody" either; it adds a whole new level of complexity and a steep learning curve to an already OTT complex thing, for sure! And it can be (initially) very time consuming work even once you've gotten it more or less down.

But there are quite a few advantages I see. Here's my main ones:
1. Device presets load much faster than global presets. They still cut off audio when changed, but one click and a keys retrigger and you're back with a fresh sound without a missed beat, so it's a reasonable performance strategy where Global Preset switching really isn't.

2. There's a few great interface options that can seriously up the performance flexibility, with no sound cut offs. Basically you can combine any collection of parameters into drawable interfaces with x/y panels and especially bars, converting actions that take multiple clicks and panel switches in Edit mode into single click and hold multi-sliders or one-button activators in Devices.
EDIT: AND add Randomizers to them!

In short, devices can pretty much fix the Melda gui problem: No more pop-up panel diving, and all the essential controls from all the modules active on one screen or a couple of tabs. Another performance enhancer of course, but it also makes new preset creation a whole lot faster and more inviting.

3. This one is my personal favorite, but is, I suppose, even less "for everybody" than the others—and definitely beyond the standard call of duty for preset designers:).
At best, a well-made device is truly a new synth, not just an efficiency tool and an ergonomics aid for the main one. They can give a quite endless variety of new focuses to the complete feature set which IMO really unlocks the already amazingly fractal nature of this beast, and can inspire completely fresh experiences with tools you may have thought you already knew all the options for.

Here's a short video (narrated, not captioned!) that both demos and shows how to create the easiest to implement features I've been describing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ku9SpvmsWPE

Building Bars and XY panels is well described in this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8QPKAH9 ... x=4&t=594s

And this one covers a more advanced, even more interesting Bars option:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eCSaGbE ... Y&index=28
Last edited by David on Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.

:) Two techniques I did not know. Good work. :clap:
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

David, thank you for the helpful video. Great ideas. I have only had MSoundFactory for a week or two (time flies when you are inside that thing), and I have spent a lot of time scrolling and clicking ConvolutionEX settings.
Doing nothing is only fun when you have something you are supposed to do.

Return to “Instruments”