Unfiltered Audio Lion

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

perpetual3 wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 11:57 am Where y’all see MSF for €80? I’m seeing €99 at the Melda Website.
(SLiC posted a referral code for 20%).
Also if you sign up to the email list, you get 10 credits, which is €10 (I think you can use them together?). These are available for new customers. There's also special discounts for people with MPowerSynth I believe.

I have to say, I'm new to Melda and I'm currently doing MSF for the One Synth Challenge and it's an incredible synth, maybe one of the most powerful synths for sound design (sort of like Zebra2 on steroids and without the module count restrictions). The UI/workflow does take a little getting used to, but if you watch some of the Chandler Guitar videos I figured it out in one evening and that's without reading the manual.

It might be the synth that took me by surprise the most so far this year!
But it's definitely not for everybody, I know this because in the OSC some people favour the one page synths and skip these synth monstrosities :hihi:
(my favourite one page synth is Hive2, which is probably a better choice if you don't want an uber synth).

Since it's still in Beta features are being added, the big one is sampler support! For the intro price for me it's a no brainer, but I like complex synths it seems.

Yeh, I got the 10% newsletter sign up discount- didn't know about the 20% referral code so I am spreading that around now (and of course I also get credits evetime someone uses it so its win-win!)

Chandler Guitar videos are a must, once you get over the first page being where you display 'instruments' you have built with macros (a bit like Falcon, you can program an instrument with its own GUI) the rest falls in to place- just always start by pressing edit! Actually making modular synths is pretty strait-forward and quite Zebra like but less limited (and that brings complexity and pop up windows!). Once you have an made a patch you can turn it in to an instrument quite easily by using the macros that map to whatever type of knob you want on the first (instrument) page. It realy does start to make since quite quickly, so of the things I thought were a bit crazy at first I am now thinking ''why doesn't everyone do that'!

I also think MSF may be the sleeper/surprise hit of the year...I cant recommend it enough at the price.
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

SLiC wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 12:56 pmI also think MSF may be the sleeper/surprise hit of the year...I cant recommend it enough at the price.
I gave it a fair try yesterday and I just can't get past that GUI, EUR80 or not - it's like I'm still at work using Excel :D It's not that I don't like complex stuff. Give me wires in Reason, The Grid in Bitwig, VCV or Voltage Modular patching and I'll be happy for hours... To top it off, I really wasn't stunned by the presets that came with it.

Hopefully I'll be stron enough to wait another month and pick just one between Lion, PhasePlant and Massive X :)
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

antic604 wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 7:44 am
SLiC wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 12:56 pmI also think MSF may be the sleeper/surprise hit of the year...I cant recommend it enough at the price.
To top it off, I really wasn't stunned by the presets that came with it.

Hopefully I'll be stron enough to wait another month and pick just one between Lion, PhasePlant and Massive X :)
Definitely don't judge MSF from the presets, as far as I hear most of them are converted from MPowerSynth and don't really showcase MSF.
It's still in Beta, I'm sure over time more factory presets/devices will be added.
This thing really comes to life once you start playing with the modules and creating your own sounds, and being able to create your own macros/easy screen with the multi-parameters is a really nice way of setting aside the knobs that have the sweet spot. It really is a sound designers dream synth (aside from the UI :lol:).

At this point, PhasePlant seems to be the one that's starting to make waves as the 'Serum killer'. It will be interesting to see how Massive X is received.

Ranoka wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:03 am
At this point, PhasePlant seems to be the one that's starting to make waves as the 'Serum killer'.
NOTHING EVER KILLS SERUM :borg:

martinjuenke wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:46 am
Ranoka wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:03 am
At this point, PhasePlant seems to be the one that's starting to make waves as the 'Serum killer'.
NOTHING EVER KILLS SERUM :borg:
Serum 2 maybe ? :D
More BPM please

But Serum kills Virus...
Any new synth needs a killer name, and the killer of killers will kill all others...
I‘ll call my never upcoming synth H.Sapiens. We should be able to kill even a Tyrannosaurus...

The serious fanbois have opened another ‚official’ thread.
Therefore this is now the thread for the not so serious, critical, cynical, joke-making, open minded and all in all far more nice and witty guys...
Let the lion roar!

martinjuenke wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:52 pm The serious fanbois have opened another ‚official’ thread.
Therefore this is now the thread for the not so serious, critical, cynical, joke-making, open minded and all in all far more nice and witty guys...
Let the lion roar!
But please, keep the complaining about Plugin Alliance pricing to the other serious thread. Harumph.

Once all these hotly anticipated synths are all released, we should have a poll! (for which is the real Serum killer) :D
Hive2
MSoundFactory
Phase Plant
Lion
Massive X
Pigments 1.2
(did I miss any)

dangayle wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:54 pm
martinjuenke wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:52 pm The serious fanbois have opened another ‚official’ thread.
Let the lion roar!
But please, keep the complaining about Plugin Alliance pricing to the other serious thread. Harumph.
Am i allowed to say that all recent PA releases have been mediocre so i have no high hopes for this one either ?
More BPM please

if i'm allowed to say Serum f**king sucks ass

Ranoka wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:33 pm Once all these hotly anticipated synths are all released, we should have a poll! (for which is the real Serum killer) :D
Hive2
MSoundFactory
Phase Plant
Lion
Massive X
Pigments 1.2
(did I miss any)
Of course, you missed the Grid... You might need a new DAW though, but thats even more fun...

Tj Shredder wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 2:04 pm
Ranoka wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:33 pm Once all these hotly anticipated synths are all released, we should have a poll! (for which is the real Serum killer) :D
Hive2
MSoundFactory
Phase Plant
Lion
Massive X
Pigments 1.2
(did I miss any)
Of course, you missed the Grid... You might need a new DAW though, but thats even more fun...
https://youtu.be/FFvvLuomw0Y

sqigls wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 12:58 am if i'm allowed to say Serum f**king sucks ass

I'd positively encourage it

Return to “Instruments”