Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Uncle E wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 3:17 pm
Harry_HH wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 3:03 pm Purchased about 24 h ago Waves plugins from JRR Shop.
I have used to immediate license delivery in Waves.
However, still my JRR account says:
"Waves Serial Number | Registration Link: www.waves.com/account/register | This license needs to be manually generated. You will be contacted immediately when it becomes available."

I wonder what delays the delivery?
Thank you, got it. :)

Thank you. I just received it and delivered it to you. I apologize for the delay, most companies we sell can either be delivered instantly or quickly but there are still a few where we must wait for the licenses to be sent to us.

Nobdi wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:07 pm :roll: Well, other companies also publish 1 tape emulation with 4 different modes - IK just published 4 separate ones :roll:
And the T-RackS Tape Machine Collection for an insanely low price, plus JamPoints to take it down further. I know, quite evil :evil: :wink:

mladi wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:03 pm
Uncle E wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:29 pm
Nobdi wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:07 pm :roll: Well, other companies also publish 1 tape emulation with 4 different modes - IK just published 4 separate ones :roll:
Someone brought up the Group Buy earlier. That’s IK’s biggest promotion of the year and it makes much more sense for the tapes to be separated for it.
But still they could sell the tapes separately right from the start but they sell them together. It isn't everything bad. :wink:
Their CSR reverb follows the same model, no? 4 separate plugs for 1 product.
Berfab
So many plugins, so little time...

Avid is increasing prices on Pro Tools perpetual licenses in an effort to move customers to their subscription model. Some increases are quite substantial. The annual support plan renewal has been doubled in price from 99$ to 199$ per year. There are attractive options to switch to the subscription but the catch is that you have to surrender your perpetual license. The new prices take effect July 1.

Two take aways. If you want to keep your perpetual Pro Tools license it makes sense to purchase the renewal plan now before the price increase even if you are not yet up for renewal. Apparently, you can purchase as many renewals as you want. Each renewal purchase will add one year to your renewal plan. After July 1, owning a perpetual license for the regular Pro Tools version makes very little sense.

Another interesting point is that they did not change the price of the renewal plan for Pro Tools Ultimate. That one stays at (the already fairly high) $399 per year and thus remains a lot lower than the subscription price. If you have been on the fence about trading up your standard Pro Tools license at the current sale price, this is one more thing to consider.

Edit: Btw, that new crossgrade option from Ultimate perpetual to Ultimate subscription makes no sense whatsoever. You can either keep the perpetual license and pay $399 per yer for the support plan or you surrender the perpetual license for the benefit of paying $599 instead of $799 a year for the subscription. Who in their right mind would do that?
Last edited by mgw38 on Tue Jun 18, 2019 7:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Follow me on Youtube for videos on spatial and immersive audio production.

We now have the Bitwig Upgrade on sale for $129:

https://www.jrrshop.com/bitwig?dir=desc ... _from_date

Uncle E wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 6:03 pm We now have the Bitwig Upgrade on sale for $129:

is there any additional discount in the cart for this?
We are all a unique vibration in a beautiful symphony of infinite creation

PsYAuM wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 6:10 pm
Uncle E wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 6:03 pm We now have the Bitwig Upgrade on sale for $129:

I mean, all you have to do is click his link and add to cart to answer this question. It's probably faster than writing this post.

P.S.--Yes.

jsp1979 wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 6:14 pm
PsYAuM wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 6:10 pm

I mean, all you have to do is click his link and add to cart to answer this question. It's probably faster than writing this post.

P.S.--Yes.
Less than £100 :D
Great price
Thanks
ps
Bought :tu:
We are all a unique vibration in a beautiful symphony of infinite creation

mgw38 wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:58 pm Avid is increasing prices on Pro Tools perpetual licenses in an effort to move customers to their subscription model. Some increases are quite substantial. The annual support plan renewal has been doubled in price from 99$ to 199$ per year. There are attractive options to switch to the subscription but the catch is that you have to surrender your perpetual license. The new prices take effect July 1.

Two take aways. If you want to keep your perpetual Pro Tools license it makes sense to purchase the renewal plan now before the price increase even if you are not yet up for renewal. Apparently, you can purchase as many renewals as you want. Each renewal purchase will add one year to your renewal plan. After July 1, owning a perpetual license for the regular Pro Tools version makes very little sense.

Another interesting point is that they did not change the price of the renewal plan for Pro Tools Ultimate. That one stays at (the already fairly high) $399 per year and thus remains a lot lower than the subscription price. If you have been on the fence about trading up your standard Pro Tools license at the current sale price, this is one more thing to consider.

Edit: Btw, that new crossgrade option from Ultimate perpetual to Ultimate subscription makes no sense whatsoever. You can either keep the perpetual license and pay $399 per yer for the support plan or you surrender the perpetual license for the benefit of paying $599 instead of $799 a year for the subscription. Who in their right mind would do that?
Thanks for this summary, mgw38. I found it very helpful.

And it leads me to a question I am asking seriously: Does Logic Pro X ever go on sale? (eBay coupons, resellers included?)
Check the re-sellers, don't check the re-sellers. I don't care.

soundbylaura wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 7:27 pm
mgw38 wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:58 pm Avid is increasing prices on Pro Tools perpetual licenses in an effort to move customers to their subscription model. Some increases are quite substantial. The annual support plan renewal has been doubled in price from 99$ to 199$ per year. There are attractive options to switch to the subscription but the catch is that you have to surrender your perpetual license. The new prices take effect July 1.

And it leads me to a question I am asking seriously: Does Logic Pro X ever go on sale? (eBay coupons, resellers included?)
AFAIK never.
OTOH the price is ridicously low for what it offers.

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:26 pm And the T-RackS Tape Machine Collection for an insanely low price, plus JamPoints to take it down further. I know, quite evil :evil: :wink:
The evil part is when an unsuspecting IK Tape Machines customer discovers that they have to spend more $$$ to be able resize the GUI.

martinjuenke wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 7:56 pm
soundbylaura wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 7:27 pm

AFAIK never.
OTOH the price is ridicously low for what it offers.
I agree!

But I'm a dealhound, so... :D :borg:
Check the re-sellers, don't check the re-sellers. I don't care.

Hi uncle, how long is the price for the upgrade on till, thanks

soundbylaura wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 7:27 pm And it leads me to a question I am asking seriously: Does Logic Pro X ever go on sale? (eBay coupons, resellers included?)
The best way I'm aware of to do that, is to buy discounted iTunes gift cards, then buy it at in the Apple store using those cards.

rockhopper wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 8:13 pm
soundbylaura wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 7:27 pm And it leads me to a question I am asking seriously: Does Logic Pro X ever go on sale? (eBay coupons, resellers included?)
The best way I'm aware of to do that, is to buy discounted iTunes gift cards, then buy it at in the Apple store using those cards.
Yes, this is exactly what I did. Fry's Electronics had $5 off on $50 gift cards, combined with gift cards for birthdays etc. :D

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”