Native Instruments Massive X Synth - Sequel to Massive (Out Now!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Massive Massive X X-Squared For Massive X

As I agree with this I'm still more interested in MX than other big synths like PP or MSF even that both seems to have enormous amount of features and more (maybe because both have very uninspiring GUI ;) ). I hope that those new osc modes will really give pleasant workflow and interesting results like og Massive do.

Easy and fun workflow with good visual feedback etc certainly count for a lot - Pigment and Hive 2 certainly excel in this...there is a lot of choice! as long as the GUI resizes I will be happy :D
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

SLiC wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:20 pm Easy and fun workflow with good visual feedback etc certainly count for a lot - Pigment and Hive 2 certainly excel in this...there is a lot of choice! as long as the GUI resizes I will be happy :D
The size thing is a big deal to me. I literally can't read some plugins on my macbook pro--have to rely on my 1080p 25" monitor (which is old, and blows things up at that combo of rez and size!)

Native Instruments is a prime offender. Hopefully they get with the program. I really like their products but they aren't the easiest to use.

As an aside, I had an "urge to kill rising" moment yesterday using Replika...trying to turn the damn delay time knob down (I was in millisecond mode) past a certain point made it start going up again lol! It was maddening, I was doing gymnastics with my damn mouse trying to get that thing to behave...that can't have been tested much, I figure they said "everyone will be in sync, just test that mode".....

Stokely wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:13 pm
SLiC wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:20 pm Easy and fun workflow with good visual feedback etc certainly count for a lot - Pigment and Hive 2 certainly excel in this...there is a lot of choice! as long as the GUI resizes I will be happy :D
The size thing is a big deal to me. I literally can't read some plugins on my macbook pro--have to rely on my 1080p 25" monitor (which is old, and blows things up at that combo of rez and size!)

Native Instruments is a prime offender. Hopefully they get with the program. I really like their products but they aren't the easiest to use.

As an aside, I had an "urge to kill rising" moment yesterday using Replika...trying to turn the damn delay time knob down (I was in millisecond mode) past a certain point made it start going up again lol! It was maddening, I was doing gymnastics with my damn mouse trying to get that thing to behave...that can't have been tested much, I figure they said "everyone will be in sync, just test that mode".....
Really, maschine is the answer to this.

MX GUI is resizeable, worry not.

Stokely wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:13 pmAs an aside, I had an "urge to kill rising" moment yesterday using Replika...trying to turn the damn delay time knob down (I was in millisecond mode) past a certain point made it start going up again lol! It was maddening, I was doing gymnastics with my damn mouse trying to get that thing to behave...that can't have been tested much, I figure they said "everyone will be in sync, just test that mode".....
No problems with Time knob when set to ms here. Which mouse are you using?

EvilDragon wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 8:07 pm MX GUI is resizeable, worry not.

Stokely wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:13 pmAs an aside, I had an "urge to kill rising" moment yesterday using Replika...trying to turn the damn delay time knob down (I was in millisecond mode) past a certain point made it start going up again lol! It was maddening, I was doing gymnastics with my damn mouse trying to get that thing to behave...that can't have been tested much, I figure they said "everyone will be in sync, just test that mode".....
No problems with Time knob when set to ms here. Which mouse are you using?
couldn't tell you right offhand (at work). The issue only came about when I got down below 300 ms or so. Then if I kept moving the mouse the values would begin to go back up. I could flail quickly and get it down to 0, then carefully inch it up to the value I wanted in a one-way trip (took me a few tries!), so a workaround :)

Anyway didn't mean to take this off-topic. Normally I just use 1/4, 1/8 etc but in this case I was mixing some live tracks that were not to a click.

With Shift held down, those values increment or decrement 1ms at a time here. It is however a bit fiddly with a trackpad.

No problem here either, tested very short delay times from 1 to 20 today for some kind of resonant effect with replica. Wish the steps were smaller...but that's completely OT now.

Off topic, but if anyone has issues with mouse handling on OSX Mojave, you need to make sure that your DAW has accessibility permissions enabled: https://community.teamviewer.com/t5/Kno ... ta-p/44699

So, what happend to the rest of the blogposts etc NI was going to do? I was under the impression that they had all sorts of behind the scene stuff coming. Not that I really care, it's just interesting to read you know..

I’m sure they are quite busy at the moment.

I’d rather NI were busier developing than marketing. :)

As to the CPU thing, I’m just amazed my lonely little Core 2 Duo- based Mac laptop runs everything I use as smoothly as it does!

I will remain content, and when it comes time to spend $3-$4k for an “upgrade,”..... I’ll spend that kind of money on a Waldorf Quantum instead. ;)

Less portable, granted, but much more fun! :)

And I have loads of software that will work on my laptop already, and will keep working until its aluminium chassis turns to dust — which is about a thousand years from now.

June 27 is eight days away. It feels like the clock is ticking towards a massive delay.
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

v1o wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 4:03 pm June 27 is eight days away. It feels like the clock is ticking towards a massive delay.
Personally doubt that. The 27th only appeared as a date a couple of weeks ago - it would be very odd indeed to announce that only to then kick it forward a few months. If I were being cynical, I'd have thought a lot of 1.0 bugs were more likely than another delay :)
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2023 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

wagtunes wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 6:57 pm In this day and age where you can create a track and freeze it, does CPU usage really mean that much? I mean I have plenty of songs where I'm using 40 to 50 tracks of some pretty CPU intensive synths. I'm sure as hell not doing that without freezing them, including freezing the FX which, in some cases, take up more CPU than the synth it's on. Go try running multiple instances of some of Melda's plugins without having to freeze tracks. Let me know how you make out.
Freeze tracks is a work around rather than a legitimate daily workflow. Can you imagine having to constantly freeze and unfreeze 50 to 60 tracks both in the writing and mixing stages of a production. How much extra mousing about is that? Just thinking about it gives me carpal tunnel syndrome.
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

Doesn't have to be mousing at all when you have it on a key command. :P

Return to “Instruments”