Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Uncle E wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:17 am
Mathematics wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 1:23 am I'm looking at getting IK's Tape Collection from JRRshop. Is there a coupon that can shave anything off the top? I already tried "forum," which doesn't work...of course. I know that the special IK has doesn't stack with discount codes but maybe...someone has some privileged information?
I believe someone is returning a license so I'll be able to give an extra discount on that one. It may take us a few days to sort it out.
I'll take it! :tu:
Last edited by Mathematics on Tue Jun 18, 2019 6:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
...and the electron responded, "what wall?"

jbarish wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 2:38 am
Mathematics wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 1:23 am I'm looking at getting IK's Tape Collection from JRRshop. Is there a coupon that can shave anything off the top? I already tried "forum," which doesn't work...of course. I know that the special IK has doesn't stack with discount codes but maybe...someone has some privileged information?
You do know that if you buy Tape Collection without already owning T-Racks 5 that you won't be able to resize the GUI, right?? Just checking because not everyone is aware.
Nice one! I just happen to have TR5. 8)

jbarish wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 2:38 am
You do know that if you buy Tape Collection without already owning T-Racks 5 that you won't be able to resize the GUI, right?? Just checking because not everyone is aware.
Won't the free T-Racks 5 Custom Shop version allow that?

OneOfManyPauls wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 8:31 am
jbarish wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 2:38 am You do know that if you buy Tape Collection without already owning T-Racks 5 that you won't be able to resize the GUI, right?? Just checking because not everyone is aware.
Won't the free T-Racks 5 Custom Shop version allow that?
Google search reveals that it's ONLY the paid versions of T-Racks. There's also other perks you get as a TR5 owner. See here under "What's New" near the bottom:
https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/tr5cs/

This is confirmed by Peter at IKM here:
https://www.gearslutz.com/board/showpos ... tcount=140

izotope RX Elements Audio $9.99 at B&H: https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/ ... audio.html

Mathematics wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 8:57 am Google search reveals that it's ONLY the paid versions of T-Racks. There's also other perks you get as a TR5 owner. See here under "What's New" near the bottom:

It's ludicrous that these feature are only available in bundles, the individual modules are expensive enough to warrant these features. As a owner of 22 T-Racks plug-ins, these contain 2 of the 4 within T-Racks5, and have no desire to purchase for the other 2, or just for extra features.

There's freeware out there that have some of these features, so I see no excuse to have these extra features omitted from pay-ware. It feels like I've been short changed.

Or maybe own so many plug-ins to qualify for the extra features.
Currently trying to turn noise into music. :neutral: Is boutique the new old?

The cheapest way to go with IK if you're willing to wait is to get the next upgrade to Total Studio Max 3 whenever that eventually comes out. It'll come with everything since v2. Such as the Leslie Collection and this new tape collection. Also a few more items I can't recall.

I've learned the hard way over the years with IK that it's never smart to buy their new bundles and Group Buys. Just get TS Max and upgrade it when a new one comes out. That's the best price to value way to go with them.

I bought Lurssen and a few other new packs then got them again when I got Max 2. So those ended up being wasted purchases. Patience pays.

Rational wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:38 am The cheapest way to go with IK if you're willing to wait is to get the next upgrade to Total Studio Max 3 whenever that eventually comes out. It'll come with everything since v2. Such as the Leslie Collection and this new tape collection. Also a few more items I can't recall.

I've learned the hard way over the years with IK that it's never smart to buy their new bundles and Group Buys. Just get TS Max and upgrade it when a new one comes out. That's the best price to value way to go with them.

I bought Lurssen and a few other new packs then got them again when I got Max 2. So those ended up being wasted purchases. Patience pays.
That seems to be a Rational Strategy...

IK has a crossgrade price of $399 to TM2 right now. Something to consider.

Purchased about 24 h ago Waves plugins from JRR Shop.
I have used to immediate license delivery in Waves.
However, still my JRR account says:
"Waves Serial Number | Registration Link: www.waves.com/account/register | This license needs to be manually generated. You will be contacted immediately when it becomes available."

I wonder what delays the delivery?

P.s. Stupid communicate to vendor via Forum, but obviously the best response here.

Harry_HH wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 3:03 pm Purchased about 24 h ago Waves plugins from JRR Shop.
I have used to immediate license delivery in Waves.
However, still my JRR account says:
"Waves Serial Number | Registration Link: www.waves.com/account/register | This license needs to be manually generated. You will be contacted immediately when it becomes available."

I wonder what delays the delivery?
Thank you. I just received it and delivered it to you. I apologize for the delay, most companies we sell can either be delivered instantly or quickly but there are still a few where we must wait for the licenses to be sent to us.

The Noodlist wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:42 am
Mathematics wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 8:57 am Google search reveals that it's ONLY the paid versions of T-Racks. There's also other perks you get as a TR5 owner. See here under "What's New" near the bottom:

It's ludicrous that these feature are only available in bundles, the individual modules are expensive enough to warrant these features. As a owner of 22 T-Racks plug-ins, these contain 2 of the 4 within T-Racks5, and have no desire to purchase for the other 2, or just for extra features.

There's freeware out there that have some of these features, so I see no excuse to have these extra features omitted from pay-ware. It feels like I've been short changed.
You feel short changed because you did get short changed. No other company charges loyal customers extra to be able to resize your GUI. It's just one of the many perks of buying from IK.

:roll: Well, other companies also publish 1 tape emulation with 4 different modes - IK just published 4 separate ones :roll:

Nobdi wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:07 pm :roll: Well, other companies also publish 1 tape emulation with 4 different modes - IK just published 4 separate ones :roll:
Someone brought up the Group Buy earlier. That’s IK’s biggest promotion of the year and it makes much more sense for the tapes to be separated for it.

Uncle E wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:29 pm
Nobdi wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:07 pm :roll: Well, other companies also publish 1 tape emulation with 4 different modes - IK just published 4 separate ones :roll:
Someone brought up the Group Buy earlier. That’s IK’s biggest promotion of the year and it makes much more sense for the tapes to be separated for it.
But still they could sell the tapes separately right from the start but they sell them together. It isn't everything bad. :wink:
Intel® Core™ i9-9900K•Cubase 11•Presonus Eris E8 XT•Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 & Octopre•NI Kontrol S61 MK2•Stein­berg CC121•Synthesizers: Arturia Casio Korg Roland Yamaha

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”