Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
Mathematics
KVRian
637 posts since 10 Sep, 2015 from You haven't unlocked this character yet

Post Mon Jun 17, 2019 5:23 pm

I'm looking at getting IK's Tape Collection from JRRshop. Is there a coupon that can shave anything off the top? I already tried "forum," which doesn't work...of course. I know that the special IK has doesn't stack with discount codes but maybe...someone has some privileged information?
...and the electron responded, "what wall?"

Fleer
KVRAF
4595 posts since 23 Aug, 2014 from Boston/Cambridge

Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Post Mon Jun 17, 2019 5:35 pm

dangayle wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 4:43 pm
Adaptiverb for $149? I might have to bite on that one. What's the lowest anyone has seen that go for?
Check JRR, AudioDeluxe and BestService for best price. This is as low as she goes.

mgw38
KVRAF
2070 posts since 26 Jul, 2015 from Philadelphia

Post Mon Jun 17, 2019 5:49 pm

Fleer wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 5:35 pm
dangayle wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 4:43 pm
Adaptiverb for $149? I might have to bite on that one. What's the lowest anyone has seen that go for?
Check JRR, AudioDeluxe and BestService for best price. This is as low as she goes.
Best Service at $141.05. Time & Space does not yet list it on sale, but if it does it should come in slightly below that (if you pay in GBP and use a card without international transaction fees). Both also give you loyalty points.

Fleer
KVRAF
4595 posts since 23 Aug, 2014 from Boston/Cambridge

Post Mon Jun 17, 2019 6:20 pm

And there’s PluginBoutique.
Or get it from Zynaptiq.

jbarish
Banned
483 posts since 28 Apr, 2017

Post Mon Jun 17, 2019 6:38 pm

Mathematics wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 5:23 pm
I'm looking at getting IK's Tape Collection from JRRshop. Is there a coupon that can shave anything off the top? I already tried "forum," which doesn't work...of course. I know that the special IK has doesn't stack with discount codes but maybe...someone has some privileged information?
You do know that if you buy Tape Collection without already owning T-Racks 5 that you won't be able to resize the GUI, right?? Just checking because not everyone is aware.

Uncle E
KVRAF
11147 posts since 22 Nov, 2000 from Southern California

Post Mon Jun 17, 2019 9:17 pm

Mathematics wrote:
I believe someone is returning a license so I'll be able to give an extra discount on that one. It may take us a few days to sort it out.

Mathematics
KVRian

Post Mon Jun 17, 2019 10:14 pm

Uncle E wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 9:17 pm
Mathematics wrote:
I believe someone is returning a license so I'll be able to give an extra discount on that one. It may take us a few days to sort it out.
I'll take it! :tu:
Last edited by Mathematics on Mon Jun 17, 2019 10:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mathematics
KVRian

Post Mon Jun 17, 2019 10:17 pm

jbarish wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 6:38 pm
Mathematics wrote:
You do know that if you buy Tape Collection without already owning T-Racks 5 that you won't be able to resize the GUI, right?? Just checking because not everyone is aware.
Nice one! I just happen to have TR5. 8)

OneOfManyPauls
KVRian
933 posts since 17 Jul, 2016 from Wales, UK

Post Tue Jun 18, 2019 12:31 am

jbarish wrote:
Mathematics wrote:
Won't the free T-Racks 5 Custom Shop version allow that?

Mathematics
KVRian

Post Tue Jun 18, 2019 12:57 am

OneOfManyPauls wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2019 12:31 am
jbarish wrote:
Won't the free T-Racks 5 Custom Shop version allow that?
Google search reveals that it's ONLY the paid versions of T-Racks. There's also other perks you get as a TR5 owner. See here under "What's New" near the bottom:
https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/tr5cs/

This is confirmed by Peter at IKM here:
https://www.gearslutz.com/board/showpos ... tcount=140

yellowmix
KVRian
1339 posts since 11 Aug, 2012 from omfr morf form romf frmo

Post Tue Jun 18, 2019 1:27 am

izotope RX Elements Audio $9.99 at B&H: https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/ ... audio.html

The Noodlist
KVRian
1230 posts since 16 Aug, 2017 from UK

Post Tue Jun 18, 2019 1:42 am

Mathematics wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2019 12:57 am
Google search reveals that it's ONLY the paid versions of T-Racks. There's also other perks you get as a TR5 owner. See here under "What's New" near the bottom:
https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/tr5cs/

This is confirmed by Peter at IKM here:
https://www.gearslutz.com/board/showpos ... tcount=140
It's ludicrous that these feature are only available in bundles, the individual modules are expensive enough to warrant these features. As a owner of 22 T-Racks plug-ins, these contain 2 of the 4 within T-Racks5, and have no desire to purchase for the other 2, or just for extra features.

There's freeware out there that have some of these features, so I see no excuse to have these extra features omitted from pay-ware. It feels like I've been short changed.

Or maybe own so many plug-ins to qualify for the extra features.
Currently trying to turn noise into music. :neutral:

Rational
KVRian
537 posts since 31 Oct, 2009

Post Tue Jun 18, 2019 2:38 am

The cheapest way to go with IK if you're willing to wait is to get the next upgrade to Total Studio Max 3 whenever that eventually comes out. It'll come with everything since v2. Such as the Leslie Collection and this new tape collection. Also a few more items I can't recall.

I've learned the hard way over the years with IK that it's never smart to buy their new bundles and Group Buys. Just get TS Max and upgrade it when a new one comes out. That's the best price to value way to go with them.

I bought Lurssen and a few other new packs then got them again when I got Max 2. So those ended up being wasted purchases. Patience pays.

martinjuenke
KVRAF
4243 posts since 28 Dec, 2015 from Hanover, Germany

Post Tue Jun 18, 2019 2:50 am

Rational wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2019 2:38 am
The cheapest way to go with IK if you're willing to wait is to get the next upgrade to Total Studio Max 3 whenever that eventually comes out. It'll come with everything since v2. Such as the Leslie Collection and this new tape collection. Also a few more items I can't recall.

I've learned the hard way over the years with IK that it's never smart to buy their new bundles and Group Buys. Just get TS Max and upgrade it when a new one comes out. That's the best price to value way to go with them.

I bought Lurssen and a few other new packs then got them again when I got Max 2. So those ended up being wasted purchases. Patience pays.
That seems to be a Rational Strategy...

Mathematics
KVRian

Post Tue Jun 18, 2019 3:07 am

IK has a crossgrade price of $399 to TM2 right now. Something to consider.

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”