FYI!! Melda SoundFactory ON SALE til JUNE 30

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
MSoundFactory MSoundFactory Sound Library

JoeCat wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:44 pm Just demoing....

So, uh - holy crap, that's a lot of stuff! The effects alone...

Really hard not to spend $99 on this. If there were an FX version just routing audio to effects, that might be worth the price alone.
It's actually even 20 euros less with a referral code from an existing user. You (and others reading this post) can use mine if you wish (there are other codes on earlier pages). Then you can refer other new users in your turn. :D

My code: MELDA5785432

About the (extremely generous!) referral system:
Copy your personal referral coupon and share it with your friends. Any new customer who uses your code during checkout gets a 20 % discount for themselves and 10 % goes to you in form of credits. You can then use the credits to purchase any of our software. 1 credit = 1 EUR.
Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:15 pm Passing Bye wrote:
"look at SparkySpark's post 4 posts up, let that sink in for a moment"
Go MuLab!

I am liking this factory in new ways every day. I'm digging the resonator, convolutionEZ, and so many other effects. I don't know what Phatik is, but I for damn sure used it to my satisfaction :wink: . Man I have to read the manual though--I still don't know some of the routing dynamics in generator mode. It's like Zebra 2, but then it isn't. Much fun learning this stuff as I go, though.
Doing nothing is only fun when you have something you are supposed to do.

Dirtgrain wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 2:44 am I am liking this factory in new ways every day. I'm digging the resonator, convolutionEZ, and so many other effects. I don't know what Phatik is, but I for damn sure used it to my satisfaction :wink: . Man I have to read the manual though--I still don't know some of the routing dynamics in generator mode. It's like Zebra 2, but then it isn't. Much fun learning this stuff as I go, though.
Ditto, ditto, ditto:) My most fun synth since I first laid hands on it back in non-public beta days.

But the manual's no help on the various modules, either Generator or FX; none of these are covered in it at all.

Totally worth reading, still, as it covers all the rest of MSF, and all the standard Melda stuff that has led up to it, pretty well…well, in the Melda way, at least:)

You're so modest David. Dirtgrain - take a look at David's YT movies for routing in the generator.
Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:15 pm Passing Bye wrote:
"look at SparkySpark's post 4 posts up, let that sink in for a moment"
Go MuLab!

I'm having more fun with this Synth than any before

Its fantastic for pads for one :)

Tried a soft pad - added tiny bit of reverb, into a pitch shifter module with some feedback - finally into a reverb - and ooooh - sounds GREAT

I've not been long into Synths so maybe this is why - but I find the work-flow not a problem at all - could do with the filters etc looking a bit more graphical but other than that :) - I don't mind menus in menus

I love the feeling of freedom of experimentation - want a reverb into a pitchshifter into a reverb and back into a pitchshifter sure - whatever you feel like trying you can do it :)

I just bought it. One possibly underestimated feature for me is the random button. All this stuff and Melda manages to make it work when you hit randomize? I'm curious how it doesn't all turn into mush. It can't be 100% random.

From most Melda manuals:
"Randomize button (with the text 'Random') generates random settings. Generally, randomization in plug-ins works by selecting random values for all parameters, but rarely achieves satisfactory results, as the more parameters that change the more likely one will cause an unwanted effect. Our plugins employ a smart randomization engine that learns which settings are suitable for randomization (using the existing presets) and so is much more likely to create successful changes.
In addition, there are some mouse modifiers that assist this process. The smart randomization engine is used by default if no modifier keys are held.
Holding Ctrl while clicking the button constrains the randomization engine so that parameters are only modified slightly rather than completely randomized. This is suitable to create small variations of existing interesting settings.
Presets button

Holding Alt while clicking the button will force the engine to use full randomization, which sets random values for all reasonable automatable parameters. This can often result in "extreme" settings. Please note that some parameters cannot be randomized this way."

Well there we go. Very well thought out.

Good news about the randomizer.
I must point out what I consider to be the best randomizer.

ABSYNTH 5 - Sound Mutation & Fine Tuning
I would :love: to see something similar to this in MSF.
youtube.com/watch?v=TtCVBJ_tlHQ
You can also mutate individual presets.

Kalamata Kid wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:21 pm I am looking forward to the MSF sampler and any module that works with samples or any WAV.
While we wait, be sure to explore the Custom sources for the Drum Sampler:

Before you do, good idea to create favorites for your sample and loop folders, so you can use the Custom Sample Path menu for fast access.

^^^

David Thanks.
I made a note to try it when I finally try MSF.
It seems it requires a bit of work to set up.

Kalamata Kid wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 11:54 pm
It seems it requires a bit of work to set up.
Not really. The Custom sample browser, once set to your own folder, remembers that and you don't need to relocate it. Favorites speed up locating other sample folders if you have more than one (I have Samples and Loops separated, for example…).

The "work" part, IMO, is mostly about initially figuring out the steps required from the myriad of options, or following along with some unusual directions, but once you've done whatever it is a time or two, it becomes routine and remembered and stops feeling so onerous:)

Has anyone tested the MPE? Is there any kind of value scaling like with cypher/strobe and equator?

Echoes in the Attic wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 3:19 am Has anyone tested the MPE? Is there any kind of value scaling like with cypher/strobe and equator?
Msf have : mpe midi controllers users curves with adjustable smoothing value. Into the modulation per voices, you can also transform any modulations with your own curves and min,max,mult,add, between 4 sources.
Best
YY

Ah, you again :-)
As they say: "dear child has many names" :clown:

Return to “Instruments”