Presonus Reveal Their New Drum Machine Controller - The ATOM

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

fedexnman wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 5:23 pm The MVP loops and Atom/ImpactXT kits are hip-hop/trap ( disclaimer I 'dont know what trap is )genre of stuff , Akai pad controllers come with free samples to now and so do NI maschine micro etc etc .

:hihi:

Thanks fed. :tu:

And cheers vurt for clarifying the technical terms. :wink:

I'm probably gonna hang fire. Might be worth saving some more pennies for one of the other controllers that have been mentioned.

I've had Atom for a while now.

Like it.

It's v handy & accessible. It just works.
Member 12, Studio One v6.5, VPS Avenger, Kontakt 7, Spitfire, Dune, Arturia, Sonible, Baby Audio, CableGuys, Nektar Panorama P1, Vaporizer 2 to test out

I didn't like mine. Pads were not sensitive enough. Controllers were too slow (you can't do really cool filter sweeps and such)

What it's good for is some controls and impact xt. If you use impact xt a lot then it might be worth it.

Disclaimer, I don't like the pads on most everything I've owned (except the TFP which has buggy drivers and was disco'ed a long time ago.

v1o wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:16 pm Why would you get this over Maschine Mikro or even the reliable old Padkontrol.
A lot of people have a hard time arranging tracks in Maschine. Studio One is a full fledged DAW, and is easier to arrange full tracks.

Psyclapse wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 8:23 am I know this is an old thread but I'm wondering if anyone that bought Atom could comment on the included "MVP Loops content custom-designed for ATOM" - is there much of it and what predominant genre(s)?

Also is anyone who bought it able to say what they think now some months on, eg do you still use it?

I'm tempted at current price of about £120, esp if I could sell the bundled Artist for a few dollars (I already have S1 Pro) to offset some of the outlay.

cheers.
I'm using one program for all my music. If your using Maschine, Push or an MPC your probably doing brief sketches in one program and then using another program to finish the track. Or using Ableton to arrange the track and another program to mix your tracks. Studio One does all that in one program. You should get it.

I have Atom and use it with Studio One and also with the Faderport 8. I really like the Atom, for the integration with Studio One, also for the pads that I can use with any library, even in keyboard mode. It complements well my keyboard for playing.

Thanks for all the comments. Opinion seems divided, but hey it wouldnt be KVR if it weren't... :tu:
Not sure what to do atm so I'll sit on the fence a bit longer.

I bought it because I like the form factor. I just wish it was programmable so I could make a bryter integration with Ableton Live. I am not switching to S1 because of Atom. If it was programmable they would sell boatloads of it. I’m hoping for more features in a future firmware update.

Isn't anyone else bothered by the pads? They weren't even close to machine, TFP, LPP, OR push. :shrug:

What's the LPP ?

Launch Pad Pro.

dentnile wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:33 am I bought it because I like the form factor. I just wish it was programmable so I could make a bryter integration with Ableton Live. I am not switching to S1 because of Atom. If it was programmable they would sell boatloads of it. I’m hoping for more features in a future firmware update.
What do you mean by programmable? Assigning midi?

reggie1979 wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 10:13 pm Isn't anyone else bothered by the pads? They weren't even close to machine, TFP, LPP, OR push. :shrug:
Why are the pads not even close to the maschine?

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”