Neutron 3 just dropped

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Neutron 3 Advanced Neutron 3 Standard Neutron Elements

EnochLight wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:06 pm
wagtunes wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:52 pm Well, Izotope is just totally F'd up.

I have my email purchase receipt from Izotope dated Stept 8, 2017 when I purchased Neutron 2. When I go to my account to see what it would cost for me to upgrade to Neutron 3, it says I have no products. Okay, maybe I just didn't register my serial #. So I go to do that and it tells me it can't register it.

Forget that I also bought Iris 2 from them. According to Izotope I never bought anything and thus am not eligible for any upgrades.

SMH.
Their tech support is fantastic - just submit a case and they'll get you resolved. No big deal - obviously their website is wonky, though.
My experience with their tech support is also excellent. They were able to sort out the least expensive alternative for me on a prior upgrade, even though that option was not listed in my product history.

BTW, despite their good service, I must say that their product history is the most confusing and least organized of any I have. Mine goes back about 6 years and includes products from bundles and giveaways as well as upgrades. But none of them are intuitively labelled as such, and I can't tell which licenses come from bundles and which are standalone. And, IIRC, I can't, at a glance tell which actual bundles I've purchased without adding up the individual products [important for bundle upgrades]. Plus the actual upgrade offers in my account seem to bear little resemblance to what actually applies to me. But I really like their stuff. I'll get N3 as soon as I figure out which upgrades actually apply to me. :D
Berfab
So many plugins, so little time...

I wondering... how is the copy protection working with izotope? Is it easy to transfer the license in case of a reinstall or when you get a new computer or have a hardware failure and can't access your computer anymore?

midi_transmission wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 6:57 pm I wondering... how is the copy protection working with izotope? Is it easy to transfer the license in case of a reinstall or when you get a new computer or have a hardware failure and can't access your computer anymore?
It's fairly simple. Not a big deal.

I caved and ended up upgrading from Neutron 2 Advanced today. The CPU/DSP improvements will be appreciated, along with the other features. I'm a sucker for iZotope's newer GUI/UX and resulting workflow. :party: :lol:
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite | Reason 12 | i7 3770 @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro| Akai MPC Live II & Akai Force | Roland System 8 | Roland TR-8 with 7x7 Expansion | Roland TB-3 | Roland MX-1 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

Could you be a bit more specific? :-)

midi_transmission wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 7:14 pm Could you be a bit more specific? :-)
Sure.
  • Is it easy to transfer the license in case of a reinstall: one doesn't typically transfer a license when you reinstall the plugin. You just... reinstall the plugin. It's already activated and licensed to that machine.
  • or when you get a new computer: iZotope allows you to install it on multiple machines with the understanding that you will only run one instance at a time (read: don't give a copy to a friend). I'd uninstall it from your old computer if you're selling it, giving it away, or "retiring" it.
  • or have a hardware failure and can't access your computer anymore? Just reach out to their tech support - they're fantastic and will get you sorted. That said, see above and below...
https://www.izotope.com/en/support/know ... uters.html
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite | Reason 12 | i7 3770 @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro| Akai MPC Live II & Akai Force | Roland System 8 | Roland TR-8 with 7x7 Expansion | Roland TB-3 | Roland MX-1 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

thanks a lot!

It’s one of the reasons I recommend some of the cheaper plugins (on sale) to newer producers: a simplistic interface and no need to understand complicated licensing issues.
EnochLight wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 7:36 pm
midi_transmission wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 7:14 pm Could you be a bit more specific? :-)
Sure.
  • Is it easy to transfer the license in case of a reinstall: one doesn't typically transfer a license when you reinstall the plugin. You just... reinstall the plugin. It's already activated and licensed to that machine.
  • or when you get a new computer: iZotope allows you to install it on multiple machines with the understanding that you will only run one instance at a time (read: don't give a copy to a friend). I'd uninstall it from your old computer if you're selling it, giving it away, or "retiring" it.
  • or have a hardware failure and can't access your computer anymore? Just reach out to their tech support - they're fantastic and will get you sorted. That said, see above and below...
https://www.izotope.com/en/support/know ... uters.html

I love neutron and use it often to statt

wasnt too impressed with this update in all honesty. at least in regards to ui changes

i really like neutron 3! i have also my other chains and let neutron 3 suggest me my channels and it often pushes my signal a bit to my taste and has a lot of presets to tweak. it is great as a idea-giver and 2nd pair of ears.

but the mixing function with RELAYER, i dont get it, you put it on every channel, then it balances the volumes. then you adjust. then you START mixing with comps, eqs etc. but then the channels have again different volumes.
my way of mixing is normally like this. mix every channel then put all faders down again and adjust manually AFTER mixing. not before.
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

i really like this guy and his videos but sometimes he is missing some functions and it is half baked :P, i wouldnt always rely only on his videos.
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Caine123 wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 10:45 am i really like this guy and his videos but sometimes he is missing some functions and it is half baked :P, i wouldnt always rely only on his videos.
It's quite revealing of anyone that would post this half baked, half informed nonsense.

jbarish wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 5:21 pm
Caine123 wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 10:45 am i really like this guy and his videos but sometimes he is missing some functions and it is half baked :P, i wouldnt always rely only on his videos.
It's quite revealing of anyone that would post this half baked, half informed nonsense.
Thanks for the compliment! :P

Video dude seems to have his hand attached to his head in multiple thumbnails.

Is he alright?

Return to “Effects”