How do you like this Albino3 Skin

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

ENV1 wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:58 pm At the moment not at all.

Problem is that some time ago i lost the ability to upload stuff to the resource-areas of any of KVRs product-pages. Cause unknown, attachments to posts still work as normal. I have sought help down in the Site Stuff forum, but so far none of the folks who run this place replied to my inquiry. The only 2 options i therefore have at this point are to either share via some filehost as i did in the beginning, (which would mean it would be offsite and non-permanent again), or to avail myself of the assistance of a fellow forum member, which is probably what im going to do should my thread in Site Stuff remain unreplied to. (Teksonik indicated that he would be willing to upload for me the CamelSpace UI i made in the meantime so i assume he wouldnt mind uploading this one too.) In any event, i will make a new thread as soon as the skin is downloadable.
Just create a MediaFire account, and you can upload stuff onto it, that lasts forever, and share as you want.
"The educated person is one who knows how to find out what he does not know" - George Simmel
“It's what you learn after you know it all that counts.” - John Wooden

Does this skin work for Albino 2?
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

Looks nice!

Nice try but if I was to change skins at all, it would be to get away from that ugly fiery red I always hated about the plugin. Just a slight difference in skins wouldn't influence me to change to it.

dblock wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 4:32 pm Nice try but if I was to change skins at all, it would be to get away from that ugly fiery red I always hated about the plugin. Just a slight difference in skins wouldn't influence me to change to it.
Well its called Albino for a reason :?
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

Halonmusic wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 6:52 pm
dblock wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 4:32 pm Nice try but if I was to change skins at all, it would be to get away from that ugly fiery red I always hated about the plugin. Just a slight difference in skins wouldn't influence me to change to it.
Last edited by dblock on Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.

dblock wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 7:14 pm
Don't get me wrong, you did a nice job on the "Albino" part of the skin but as I stated,it's the "fiery red" that is still there that I never liked. If it wasn't for that, I would prefer your skin. If you want to stay as close to the original so it still deserves the name "Albino" that's fine but it's also going to be as close as the original skin I didn't like in the first place because of the original red, not because of anything you did. :)
Actually ENV1 made the skin not me ;)

ENV1 wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 2:41 pm Actually this is just the result of what i call the 'preliminary work', i.e. finding the exact margins and positions etcetera. Therefore there are absolutely no frills, i.e. no gradients, no shadows, no lighting effects, nothing of the sort. However once i stuck on the new knobs i thought it looks pretty nice the way it is so im thinking of leaving it like that. Let me know what you think.

PS: As is pretty much always the case, ive had no control over item positions, and unfortunately some of the readouts are sorta all over the place so its impossible to perfectly align them with the corresponding control. This will be a problem in any case though, (and already is with the factory skin), just thought id mention it in case anyone wonders.

click image if not fullsize
Nice skin only the red is still there which I really don't like.

Halonmusic wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 7:50 pm
Don't get me wrong, you did a nice job on the "Albino" part of the skin but as I stated,it's the "fiery red" that is still there that I never liked. If it wasn't for that, I would prefer your skin. If you want to stay as close to the original so it still deserves the name "Albino" that's fine but it's also going to be as close as the original skin I didn't like in the first place because of the original red, not because of anything you did. :)
yep. I edited to ENV1. To your comment that that is why it's called Albino, it's not the Albino color I don't like but that the original red still being there that I dislike. :)

dblock wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:08 pm
yep. I edited to ENV1. To your comment that that is why it's called Albino, it's not the Albino color I don't like but that the original red still being there that I dislike. :)
Maybe ENV1 can make a custom skin for you

Halonmusic wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:45 pm
Well, though I still have Albino, I really don't use it enough anymore to seek out a custom skin for it but I'll keep that in mind.

dblock wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:54 pm
Halonmusic wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:45 pm

Well, though I still have Albino, I really don't use it enough anymore to seek out a custom skin for it but I'll keep that in mind.
:tu:

Halonmusic wrote: Does this skin work for Albino 2?
Thats a definitive no. This skin is by far the most wierd i ever tackled, layers upon layers upon layers, so theres simply no chance that it could work with anything other than Albino3.

As to the red, i totally agree that it was way too much with the text-font set to red as well. But with the text font set to white (backpanel switch) i think there is enough contrast for it to be OK. See the new screenshot attached below, im sure youll agree that it is significantly better that way since the red is no longer dominating the whole UI.

click if not fullsize

ENV1 wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:06 am
Halonmusic wrote: Does this skin work for Albino 2?
Thats a definitive no. This skin is by far the most wierd i ever tackled, layers upon layers upon layers, so theres simply no chance that it could work with anything other than Albino3.

As to the red, i totally agree that it was way too much with the text-font set to red as well. But with the text font set to white (backpanel switch) i think there is enough contrast for it to be OK. See the new screenshot attached below, im sure youll agree that it is significantly better that way since the red is no longer dominating the whole UI.

click if not fullsize
Ok. I think i have Albino 3 installed somewhere.

As for the red, i liked it before but looks better with the white text :)

I think so too. Still if anyone actually prefers the red its not a problem either since there is a switch on the backpanel that allows the user himself to chose between fully red and fully white, plus a sort of half red / half white kind of color. (Which IMO looks kinda crap but its there if anyone wants it.)

Return to “Instruments”