Logic Pro 11 will be releasing later this year ? ?, are we expecting any major upgrades 10.5 ?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Logic Pro

Forgotten wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:27 pm Oddly, many of mine are due to the 32-bit nature of installers but without any error from the rest of the files for the installed application.
And that might become quite a significant issue for some of us. Some plugins are in fact 64bit and working fine within Logic but their installers are 32bit only. So on a fresh install, you'd have to wave them a bye-bye.
There are 3 kinds of people:
Those who can do maths and those who can't.

Sascha Franck wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:34 pm
Forgotten wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:27 pm Oddly, many of mine are due to the 32-bit nature of installers but without any error from the rest of the files for the installed application.
And that might become quite a significant issue for some of us. Some plugins are in fact 64bit and working fine within Logic but their installers are 32bit only. So on a fresh install, you'd have to wave them a bye-bye.
Can't imagine that developers are going to let their products die on one platform just because of that though (or at least I hope not).

Forgotten wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:42 pm Can't imagine that developers are going to let their products die on one platform just because of that though (or at least I hope not).
Well, I assume that some plugins are just too old to create further significant revenue - or maybe just not important enough amounts to justify writing new installers (especially in case the plugin is somewhat complexed, adding several files to your system, such as samples, presets and what not).

Sascha Franck wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:34 pm
It shouldn’t be an issue in Mojave. It’s Catalina we have to worry about.

Tronam wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 8:59 pm It shouldn’t be an issue in Mojave. It’s Catalina we have to worry about.
I know - I thought that comment was about Catalina, my bad.
Passing Bye wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:03 pm https://www.charlessoft.com/
That likely won't help you with incompatible installers as, from all I know, some of them are a lot more than just a package and and automatic file distributor.

Did I miss it or wasn't this little detail discussed?

I never really liked the long list in the side chain dropdown. Yes, it was somewhat grouped but the more tracks and the more inputs you have, the less you were able to keep an overview.

Now this is nice.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
..off to play with my music toys - library music production.
http://www.FiveMinuteHippo.com

Sascha Franck wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 11:45 pm That likely won't help you with incompatible installers as, from all I know, some of them are a lot more than just a package and and automatic file distributor.
It helped before for the same cause and installer is just that.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Installer_(macOS)

Bombadil wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 5:44 pm Mojave also seems to be messing with the snapshots for Time Machine, at least since the last couple of updates. I run disk first aid on it, says it's fixed, but run it again, problem still there.
That happened on High Sierra here. invalid something something, every restart it comes up again. Very irritating.

It considers Final Cut Pro X Legacy, due to some 32-bit functions.
VE Pro Server, which no longer provides a 32-bit version on Mac; Steinberg Download Manager; the last two BFD3 installs and its "InstallSystem" show there. Probably all FXpansion, this is just since the Mojave update.
Def not going to adopt 10.15 any time soon.

medienhexer wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:05 pm Did I miss it or wasn't this little detail discussed?

I never really liked the long list in the side chain dropdown. Yes, it was somewhat grouped but the more tracks and the more inputs you have, the less you were able to keep an overview.

Now this is nice.
oh my, no it wasnt discussed. this is wonderful.

I'm still not having any luck with LPX. I'm running 10.14.5 on a new Mini bought last December, not sure why it won't update.

dumbledog wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 2:29 am I'm still not having any luck with LPX. I'm running 10.14.5 on a new Mini bought last December, not sure why it won't update.
I've got the new Mini as well and also 10.14.5 and it updated fine for me...

pdxindy wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 3:26 am I've got the new Mini as well and also 10.14.5 and it updated fine for me...
Somehow my App Store's cache got corrupted and I had to dig pretty dang deep to fix it. Dunno what the heck that was all about but it's updating now.

Here's a bit of a left field concern. When uploading music to youtube, you have to click a box saying that you're not using any sounds or loops that are "freely" available in garage band or logic. I don't know exactly what this means in practice, but the essential question becomes, can a producer use anything that comes with logic then? Or is all of it off limits. This is not clearly stated in that youtube upload page. Anyone else dug deeper on this one?

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”