Unfiltered Audio Lion

VST, AU, AAX, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion
User avatar
Hink
Rad Grandad
29796 posts since 6 Sep, 2003 from Downeast Maine

Post Sat Jun 08, 2019 11:26 am

pardon me



























































and there would be room
Albert Einstein may have been a genius but his brother Frank was a monster

User avatar
dangayle
KVRian
1060 posts since 30 Mar, 2014

Re: LION: New synth from Unfiltered Audio / Plugin Alliance

Post Mon Jun 10, 2019 1:13 am

11 pages of terrible lion jokes. When this synth finally lands, please start a new thread so we can spend 11 pages complaining about Plugin Alliance’s pricing and vouchers instead.

User avatar
martinjuenke
KVRAF
4245 posts since 28 Dec, 2015 from Hanover, Germany

Re: LION: New synth from Unfiltered Audio / Plugin Alliance

Post Mon Jun 10, 2019 3:20 am

I‘ll do!

nordickvr
KVRian
1186 posts since 29 Sep, 2013

Re: LION: New synth from Unfiltered Audio / Plugin Alliance

Post Mon Jun 10, 2019 6:20 am

dangayle wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 1:13 am
11 pages of terrible lion jokes. When this synth finally lands, please start a new thread so we can spend 11 pages complaining about Plugin Alliance’s pricing and vouchers instead.
Looks promising :hyper:

Winstontaneous
KVRAF
1676 posts since 15 Feb, 2006 from Berkeley, CA

Re: LION: New synth from Unfiltered Audio / Plugin Alliance

Post Mon Jun 10, 2019 11:14 am

dangayle wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 1:13 am
11 pages of terrible lion jokes. When this synth finally lands, please start a new thread so we can spend 11 pages complaining about Plugin Alliance’s pricing and vouchers instead.
Your felines are showing through...perhaps it is indeed time to paws the horrible puns and end this tail.
OLOKUN - Survival Kit - now on iTunes, CDBaby, and Spotify

Videos: The Beat | Crossing to Safety

experimental.crow
KVRAF
6051 posts since 9 Mar, 2003 from the bridge of sighs

Re: LION: New synth from Unfiltered Audio / Plugin Alliance

Post Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:09 pm

Winstontaneous wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 11:14 am
dangayle wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 1:13 am
11 pages of terrible lion jokes. When this synth finally lands, please start a new thread so we can spend 11 pages complaining about Plugin Alliance’s pricing and vouchers instead.
Your felines are showing through...perhaps it is indeed time to paws the horrible puns and end this tail.
indeed ...
pride goeth before the fall ...
Image

User avatar
martinjuenke
KVRAF
4245 posts since 28 Dec, 2015 from Hanover, Germany

Re: LION: New synth from Unfiltered Audio / Plugin Alliance

Post Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:56 pm

Is there anything new?
Strange that it was announced for April / May and now we‘re near July...
It seems they avoid the direct competition with MASSIVE X.

User avatar
Ranoka
KVRist
355 posts since 4 Jun, 2018 from The UK

Re: LION: New synth from Unfiltered Audio / Plugin Alliance

Post Sun Jun 16, 2019 11:41 pm

There was a teaser posted on Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/47780703223226 ... 3/?app=fbl

User avatar
antic604
KVRAF
3049 posts since 4 Jan, 2017 from Warsaw, Poland

Re: LION: New synth from Unfiltered Audio / Plugin Alliance

Post Mon Jun 17, 2019 12:34 am

So what do REALLY know about this?

Seeing as it comes out (or only gets revealed?) on 19th of July, I'm really tempted to spend the money elsewhere - PhasePlant most likely - but I could wait if I knew what am I waiting for :)
Bitwig 3 // Reason 10 // Studio One 4 Pro @ Lenovo Y730 15'' i7-8750h
my music - https://soundcloud.com/antic604
other stuff - Psytrance in Bitwig Studio tutorial

SLiC
KVRAF
4243 posts since 2 Dec, 2004 from North Wales

Re: LION: New synth from Unfiltered Audio / Plugin Alliance

Post Mon Jun 17, 2019 12:56 am

I assume they will just recycle BYOME 'again' and through a few oscillator modules in and call it a new synth.

Given that you can get probably the most powerful and flexible synth ever made for around 80E at the moment (MSoundFactory) and Machine X is due to drop in a week or 2 (free to lots of people who upgraded Komplete) I have no interest in this right now....still pissed of the slow development/bug fixes with BYOME and just adding stuff to it and calling it something new seems to be the preferred UA route.
i7 Win 10 PC+ Surface, BWS V3, StudioOne 4, Cubase 10, Live 9 suite, X32 Desk. , DM12, Odyssey, P8, Virus TI, 500hp Eurorack, Elektron A4, RYTM, Heat, Digitone, Deluge, OP-Z, Mother+DFAM, Drums, Guitars, Basses and Amps

User avatar
antic604
KVRAF
3049 posts since 4 Jan, 2017 from Warsaw, Poland

Re: LION: New synth from Unfiltered Audio / Plugin Alliance

Post Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:47 am

SLiC wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 12:56 am
I assume they will just recycle BYOME 'again' and through a few oscillator modules in and call it a new synth.

Given that you can get probably the most powerful and flexible synth ever made for around 80E at the moment (MSoundFactory) and Machine X is due to drop in a week or 2 (free to lots of people who upgraded Komplete) I have no interest in this right now....still pissed of the slow development/bug fixes with BYOME and just adding stuff to it and calling it something new seems to be the preferred UA route.
Fair points all of them, but you'd have to threaten my family to force me using Melda's stuff (the GUIs are horrendous) and NI was never really inspiring me, with the exception of Monark perhaps...

Personally I'm hoping for some hybrid spectral / additive synthesis synth, because there's very few of them on the market - Loom I/II, Razor and (not sure) Thorn?
Bitwig 3 // Reason 10 // Studio One 4 Pro @ Lenovo Y730 15'' i7-8750h
my music - https://soundcloud.com/antic604
other stuff - Psytrance in Bitwig Studio tutorial

User avatar
fmr
KVRAF
9039 posts since 16 Mar, 2003 from Porto - Portugal

Re: LION: New synth from Unfiltered Audio / Plugin Alliance

Post Mon Jun 17, 2019 2:05 am

antic604 wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:47 am
SLiC wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 12:56 am
I assume they will just recycle BYOME 'again' and through a few oscillator modules in and call it a new synth.

Given that you can get probably the most powerful and flexible synth ever made for around 80E at the moment (MSoundFactory) and Machine X is due to drop in a week or 2 (free to lots of people who upgraded Komplete) I have no interest in this right now....still pissed of the slow development/bug fixes with BYOME and just adding stuff to it and calling it something new seems to be the preferred UA route.
Fair points all of them, but you'd have to threaten my family to force me using Melda's stuff (the GUIs are horrendous) and NI was never really inspiring me, with the exception of Monark perhaps...

Personally I'm hoping for some hybrid spectral / additive synthesis synth, because there's very few of them on the market - Loom I/II, Razor and (not sure) Thorn?
I think Harmor qualifies. And both Cube and Poseidon, from Virsyn, qualify too (too bad they seem to be abandonware)
Fernando (FMR)

SLiC
KVRAF
4243 posts since 2 Dec, 2004 from North Wales

Re: LION: New synth from Unfiltered Audio / Plugin Alliance

Post Mon Jun 17, 2019 2:12 am

antic604 wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:47 am
Fair points all of them, but you'd have to threaten my family to force me using Melda's stuff (the GUIs are horrendous) and NI was never really inspiring me, with the exception of Monark perhaps...
:D

Yeh, I have to say I had looked at the Melda stuff many times, demoed MPowerSynth and came to the same conclusion...BUT I think MSF is the exception where the ridiculous power and flexibility (and value at 80E with free lifetime updates!) make it worth persevering and learning- some of it is even starting to make sense to me now! There is a stupid amount of content (basically everything Melda ever made, this is a kitchen sink project!) plus per-voice fx and modulation and full MPE support make it worth fighting the ugly for me at least :clown: The 'player' versiuon is alos interesting, it will make it is sort of Reaktor instrument maker...I dont know, could all fall on its arse, but like I say....80E!


And of course it has modal filters, spectral and additive….
https://youtu.be/W-hepAsbHK8
i7 Win 10 PC+ Surface, BWS V3, StudioOne 4, Cubase 10, Live 9 suite, X32 Desk. , DM12, Odyssey, P8, Virus TI, 500hp Eurorack, Elektron A4, RYTM, Heat, Digitone, Deluge, OP-Z, Mother+DFAM, Drums, Guitars, Basses and Amps

perpetual3
KVRian
1053 posts since 28 Sep, 2012

Re: LION: New synth from Unfiltered Audio / Plugin Alliance

Post Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:57 am

Where y’all see MSF for €80? I’m seeing €99 at the Melda Website.

SLiC
KVRAF
4243 posts since 2 Dec, 2004 from North Wales

Re: LION: New synth from Unfiltered Audio / Plugin Alliance

Post Mon Jun 17, 2019 4:29 am

Try this for a 20% discount:
Referral coupon: MELDA5387469
i7 Win 10 PC+ Surface, BWS V3, StudioOne 4, Cubase 10, Live 9 suite, X32 Desk. , DM12, Odyssey, P8, Virus TI, 500hp Eurorack, Elektron A4, RYTM, Heat, Digitone, Deluge, OP-Z, Mother+DFAM, Drums, Guitars, Basses and Amps

Return to “Instruments”