Unfiltered Audio Lion

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

pardon me

and there would be room
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

11 pages of terrible lion jokes. When this synth finally lands, please start a new thread so we can spend 11 pages complaining about Plugin Alliance’s pricing and vouchers instead.

I‘ll do!

dangayle wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 9:13 am 11 pages of terrible lion jokes. When this synth finally lands, please start a new thread so we can spend 11 pages complaining about Plugin Alliance’s pricing and vouchers instead.
Looks promising :hyper:

dangayle wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 9:13 am 11 pages of terrible lion jokes. When this synth finally lands, please start a new thread so we can spend 11 pages complaining about Plugin Alliance’s pricing and vouchers instead.
Your felines are showing through...perhaps it is indeed time to paws the horrible puns and end this tail.

Winstontaneous wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 7:14 pm
Your felines are showing through...perhaps it is indeed time to paws the horrible puns and end this tail.
indeed ...
pride goeth before the fall ...

Is there anything new?
Strange that it was announced for April / May and now we‘re near July...
It seems they avoid the direct competition with MASSIVE X.

There was a teaser posted on Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/47780703223226 ... 3/?app=fbl

So what do REALLY know about this?

Seeing as it comes out (or only gets revealed?) on 19th of July, I'm really tempted to spend the money elsewhere - PhasePlant most likely - but I could wait if I knew what am I waiting for :)
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

I assume they will just recycle BYOME 'again' and through a few oscillator modules in and call it a new synth.

Given that you can get probably the most powerful and flexible synth ever made for around 80E at the moment (MSoundFactory) and Machine X is due to drop in a week or 2 (free to lots of people who upgraded Komplete) I have no interest in this right now....still pissed of the slow development/bug fixes with BYOME and just adding stuff to it and calling it something new seems to be the preferred UA route.
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

SLiC wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:56 am I assume they will just recycle BYOME 'again' and through a few oscillator modules in and call it a new synth.

Given that you can get probably the most powerful and flexible synth ever made for around 80E at the moment (MSoundFactory) and Machine X is due to drop in a week or 2 (free to lots of people who upgraded Komplete) I have no interest in this right now....still pissed of the slow development/bug fixes with BYOME and just adding stuff to it and calling it something new seems to be the preferred UA route.
Fair points all of them, but you'd have to threaten my family to force me using Melda's stuff (the GUIs are horrendous) and NI was never really inspiring me, with the exception of Monark perhaps...

Personally I'm hoping for some hybrid spectral / additive synthesis synth, because there's very few of them on the market - Loom I/II, Razor and (not sure) Thorn?
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

antic604 wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 9:47 am
SLiC wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:56 am I assume they will just recycle BYOME 'again' and through a few oscillator modules in and call it a new synth.

Fair points all of them, but you'd have to threaten my family to force me using Melda's stuff (the GUIs are horrendous) and NI was never really inspiring me, with the exception of Monark perhaps...

Personally I'm hoping for some hybrid spectral / additive synthesis synth, because there's very few of them on the market - Loom I/II, Razor and (not sure) Thorn?
I think Harmor qualifies. And both Cube and Poseidon, from Virsyn, qualify too (too bad they seem to be abandonware)
Fernando (FMR)

antic604 wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 9:47 am Fair points all of them, but you'd have to threaten my family to force me using Melda's stuff (the GUIs are horrendous) and NI was never really inspiring me, with the exception of Monark perhaps...
:D

Yeh, I have to say I had looked at the Melda stuff many times, demoed MPowerSynth and came to the same conclusion...BUT I think MSF is the exception where the ridiculous power and flexibility (and value at 80E with free lifetime updates!) make it worth persevering and learning- some of it is even starting to make sense to me now! There is a stupid amount of content (basically everything Melda ever made, this is a kitchen sink project!) plus per-voice fx and modulation and full MPE support make it worth fighting the ugly for me at least :clown: The 'player' versiuon is alos interesting, it will make it is sort of Reaktor instrument maker...I dont know, could all fall on its arse, but like I say....80E!

And of course it has modal filters, spectral and additive….
https://youtu.be/W-hepAsbHK8
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Where y’all see MSF for €80? I’m seeing €99 at the Melda Website.

Try this for a 20% discount:
Referral coupon: MELDA5387469

Return to “Instruments”