Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

hmm, yes I noticed that was when the sale ends..so in effect if you buy the 12 month upgrades now you only actually get upgrades for less than a month. That doesn't seem right.

Looking at the Bitwig site it's says

"Extend an existing upgrade plan for another 12 months or upgrade from Bitwig Studio 1 and get 12 months of upgrades." So surely that must include Bitwig 3.0? There won't be updates for Bitwig 2?

Then it says

" Buy Bitwig Studio and save big, you’ll get Bitwig Studio 3 for free when it comes out. "

Which is clear.

Uncle E, any chance you can clarify that if we get the update plan it will include Bitwig 3.0 onwards (depending on when it gets activated)?
Pastoral, Kosmiche, Ambient Music https://markgriffiths.bandcamp.com/
Experimental Music https://markdaltongriffiths.bandcamp.com/

Oh, that's interesting. I was only going by what Plugin Boutique's site says. I will ask Bitwig for clarification.

Probably just an incorrect wording on the Plugin Boutique site. If Bitwig actually charges an upgrade fee on top of the upgrade plan we will see a community melt down of epic proportions. :)
Follow me on Youtube for videos on spatial and immersive audio production.

mgw38 wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 4:22 pm Probably just an incorrect wording on the Plugin Boutique site. If Bitwig actually charges an upgrade fee on top of the upgrade plan we will see a community melt down of epic proportions. :)
+1. I actually like the Bitwig model (I don't always need it updated), but it's such bad PR as it's so unclear to people. Some people think it's a subscription and they can't use it when it expires, some people think it's only for the in-between upgrades and it cost more for the version 3 and version 4 (bitwig's fault for having poor wording) and it seems no one can say definitively.

[/quote]

re the one on Plugin Boutique, it has me confused

"For purchases made from July 13th 2019, Bitwig 2 users will receive a FREE Upgrade to Bitwig 3 upon its release.

Renew an existing upgrade plan for another 12 months or upgrade from Bitwig Studio 1 and get 12 months of upgrades."

So if you purchase the renewal plan earlier than July 13th you don't get a free upgrade to Bitwig 3.0?
[/quote]

That is poor wording. I bought the $129 update from PB and activated it on June 14. I was upgrading from version 1.x BTW. My Bitwig account now shows that my plan expires on June 14 2020, so unless version 3.0 is REALLY delayed, I will get it :) I decided to install 2.51 since there is a lot of new content for me, but the 3.0 beta versions links are in my account. The "subscription" gets you all updates for one year, be they right or left of the decimal point. After the end date, the DAW continues to work exactly the same, but only the release version as of your end date will be available to install from your Bitwig account from that date forward. It IS a bit confusing, and I did a lot of research before jumping back in.
Homebrew MSI Ryzen 3700x 32G RAM 4.5 Ghz, Win 10 Pro 22H2, Focusrite 2i2 v3 i/o, Komplete S49, Ableton Live 12, FL 21, Studio One

Waves are having a 50% off everything sale. All their $29 plugins cost $59 now so half off means that you'll pay $29.50.

Their marketing tactics are just really twisted.
"I keep pressing the space bar, but I’m still on Earth."

For me the usual $29 suspects are now $39, so you do end up saving a little. Unfortunately there's nothing really interesting to me at that price.
Last edited by Greenstorm33 on Sun Jun 16, 2019 5:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Softsynth addict and electronic music enthusiast.
"Destruction is the work of an afternoon. Creation is the work of a lifetime."

The Waves bundles seem to be priced lower than usual and there are many $19.50 individual plugins.

Greenstorm33 wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 5:14 pm For me the usual $29 suspects are now $39, so you do end up saving a little. Unfortunately there's nothing really interesting to me at that price.
Uncle E wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 5:41 pm The Waves bundles seem to be priced lower than usual and there are many $19.50 individual plugins.
Ok, thanks for letting me know! I was just wondering some of those usual $29 plugins that cost $59 now.
"I keep pressing the space bar, but I’m still on Earth."

Has there been any speculation or released details about what the update pricing will be on K12U CE going forward?

J4R1O wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:18 pm
Greenstorm33 wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 5:14 pm For me the usual $29 suspects are now $39, so you do end up saving a little. Unfortunately there's nothing really interesting to me at that price.
Uncle E wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 5:41 pm The Waves bundles seem to be priced lower than usual and there are many $19.50 individual plugins.
Ok, thanks for letting me know! I was just wondering some of those usual $29 plugins that cost $59 now.
Waves plugins have no real set value - they just randomly price them at sales, sometimes they go for $29 and other times $59 or $99. Most people these days recognize that you just need to wait until your desired plugin is $29 or less. Could take a few weeks or months waiting but you'll get it on one of their sales (which are all the time).
Maybe you can find what you're looking for in the Sell and Buy market here? What Waves plugins do you want to hoard? :hihi:

Tappistry wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 11:20 pm Has there been any speculation or released details about what the update pricing will be on K12U CE going forward?
I'm not sure what you mean?

Ryan99 wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:48 am
Tappistry wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 11:20 pm Has there been any speculation or released details about what the update pricing will be on K12U CE going forward?
The K12U update price on sale is $199. I'm curious if the update pricing for CE is going to be more than that next year for when they release Komplete 13.

Tappistry wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:22 am
The K12U update price on sale is $199. I'm curious if the update pricing for CE is going to be more than that next year for when they release Komplete 13.
Very likely yes. But if you upgrade from K11U to K12CE you keep your K11U license which gives you two update options moving forward. Upgrading does not lock you into a higher price update path.
Follow me on Youtube for videos on spatial and immersive audio production.

mgw38 wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:42 am
Tappistry wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:22 am
Very likely yes. But if you upgrade from K11U to K12CE you keep your K11U license which gives you two update options moving forward. Upgrading does not lock you into a higher price update path.
Good to know about the multiple upgrade options. I'm still debating whether or not I want to upgrade to K12U or CE from K11 Standard. Thinking about pricing of some additional Maschine expansions that are interesting to me on our used market here vs. just going for the whole hog bundle. $500 is just a lot to shell out at once. :borg:

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”