Logic Pro 11 will be releasing later this year ? ?, are we expecting any major upgrades 10.5 ?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Logic Pro

Sascha Franck wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 1:22 pm
Atlatnesiti wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:23 pm Yes it did...
https://www.macprovideo.com/article/new ... pro-x-1045
Well, by the time that "news" got posted I had already detected some bugs in 4.5...
:hyper:

Steve H. doesn't seem to be doing too much over at MPV. There's been no 'tips and tricks' for LPX.
“The American fascist would prefer not to use violence. His method is to poison the channels of public information.”
-Henry A. Wallace

Anyone notice that 10.4.5 now requires 10.13 as the minimum system? I would’ve expected a move like this for 10.5 but not for a dot release.
On a number of Macs

Weird, the update flat out isn't showing up for me. I'm on 10.14.5 so I know it's not because of that...

After some further testing, I am now back at 4.4. 4.5 crashed twice when trimming a wavefile. Any program doing that is not even remotely ready for primetime. Too bad as otherwise it looks very promising.
There are 3 kinds of people:
Those who can do maths and those who can't.

Bombadil wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:41 pm Steve H. doesn't seem to be doing too much over at MPV. There's been no 'tips and tricks' for LPX.

I’e yet to watch it, but he has done a mini-series :tu:

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:05 pm
plexuss wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:48 pm LP10.4.5 requires macos10.13.6. I am running macos10.13 on my laptop, which I dont use for music that much, and it updated. But on my mac pro I run macos10.12.x and LP10.4.5 only shows in unsupported updated. The product page in the app store for LP says min macos10.13.6. I guess I'll try and update to 10.13 and hope everything works ok afterwards... :phones:
Yup! 'Low' Sierra is a no-show :shrug:

I've had an almost-complete install of Mojave sitting on a partition for a while now. I haven't fully committed because I knew there were a lot of plugins that I thought wouldn't be making the transfer. I wanted to be sure so I've still been trying them on my Sierra install.

This update is good enough to finally force my hand :tu:
Me too

All plug-ins and all drivers running on my Mac Pro (ashtray model) on Sierra also work fine on my Macbook Pro (late 2018) with Mojave, so I would safe it's safe to upgrade.

Sampleconstruct wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 5:17 pm All plug-ins and all drivers running on my Mac Pro (ashtray model) on Sierra also work fine on my Macbook Pro (late 2018) with Mojave, so I would safe it's safe to upgrade.
Been testing the last couple of days. Smooth sailing. Now I just have to transfer over the last little bits, and fully commit :tu:

My mac won't run Mojave so HS is the last version I can.

I don't have anything not working on Mojave that was working on Sierra a year ago.
have a lot of things the OS warns me the developer needs to heed the future of, 'not optimized' for the OS, which is going to move on, is the implication.

This machine (2018) won't run Sierra.

Mojave has a leak in Spotlight Indexing, I have that disabled via Terminal. It somehow does not seem to effect everybody but it's murder here,

Mojave also seems to be messing with the snapshots for Time Machine, at least since the last couple of updates. I run disk first aid on it, says it's fixed, but run it again, problem still there.
“The American fascist would prefer not to use violence. His method is to poison the channels of public information.”
-Henry A. Wallace

12 Sends per channel strip in Logic 10.4.5 - super, that's great for my live setup where I always needed more sends for live-processing audio.

jancivil wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 5:31 pmhave a lot of things the OS warns me the developer needs to heed the future of, 'not optimized' for the OS, which is going to move on, is the implication.
I have some of those, and find that annoying, as it's due to a 32-bit component within a supposedly 64-bit piece of software, probably one or more libraries.

If you want to see the culprits you can click on the apple logo with the option key held down, click System Information... and under Software->Legacy Software you will see exactly what causes the messages.

Oddly, many of mine are due to the 32-bit nature of installers but without any error from the rest of the files for the installed application.

I occasionally get that message for my RME FF802 when I haven't turned it on before the computer. I also get it for the VSL dongle. I'm going to be very careful about rushing into the next OS upgrade.
-Henry A. Wallace

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”