Motor Synth

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Anyone seen this? It looks like the stupidest idea ever -

https://www.engadget.com/2019/06/13/gam ... -hands-on/
Last edited by BONES on Sun Jun 16, 2019 6:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

I am following them on facebook. It looks really interesting. I didn't back it. I just don't have $900 laying around, but if I did, I would back it.

Why? It's such a stupid concept, like something that came out of a late night drinking session.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

I think it's a great idea 🤩

Because... ?

It's different and sounds fun?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_cont ... ru4f4AJ0zI

If I had an extra 1k I'd be all over it..

Tonewheel organ 2.0 - still looks cool though.

gamechanger do some great stuff.
bit experimental perhaps, cool though.

kvotchin wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:06 am Tonewheel organ 2.0 - still looks cool though.
Yup, the fundamental principle is the same. Not stupid but kinda gimmicky. Hell of a gimmick though.

BONES wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 4:19 am Why? It's such a stupid concept, like something that came out of a late night drinking session.
I guess I'm a sucker for something new and different - and this fits the bill. I guess it's why I'm always buying those tone2 synths when they say they invented a new form of synthesis.

Not much different here, though. It still has filters and envelopes and LFOs, just a pointless method of generating waveforms.
Distorted Horizon wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 6:56 amIt's different and sounds fun?
It's not different in any useful way, in the way that the DX7 was different or the Fairlight CMI was different. It's just different for the sake of being different. Different as a marketing ploy.
Distorted Horizon wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:02 am https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_cont ... ru4f4AJ0zI
If I had an extra 1k I'd be all over it..
Nothing I haven't heard before or couldn't make with the stuff I have now.

BONES wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:24 pm Nothing I haven't heard before or couldn't make with the stuff I have now.
You kinda miss the point

I think I'd like to hear a range of the sounds it can produce before I make a decision on it. Could be interesting if it truly makes a unique sound.

I'm happy and fascinated by the spinning wheels :lol:

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”