Watch sexy shuffle girls dance to my new track "Warehouse"!

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

thecontrolcentre wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:14 pm
el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:59 pm
It becomes another issue when feeling the need to comment on something one doesn't like. It's made worse when it has to satisfy lame, imposed criteria (regardless of genre), and worse still when the commentor still hasn't managed to grok the idea of constructive critique.

What you see as an act of benevolence, I see as an opportunity to vent :shrug:
I don't tend to comment on stuff I don't like, unless the OP has asked about the production, rather than the music. I find some folk don't like it if you critise their work. They want to hear how good it is ...
^^^this. People are looking for attention. Then again, the psychology of reviewer motivation is also worthy of (light) study.

Okay, in case anybody missed it...

1. I was the first one to even comment on the track. Everybody else just posted a whole bunch of OT crap that I'm sure the OP had no interest in.

2. I complemented the mix even though I didn't like the music. I didn't totally bash the whole production.

I just want to know when does somebody have to have a PhD in "whatever genre" in order to reserve the right to comment on it?

It's the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard of in my life.

mine wasnt ot :o

and you could get a degree studying madonna a few years back :shrug:

just sayin

ghettosynth wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:36 pm
thecontrolcentre wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:14 pm
el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:59 pm
It becomes another issue when feeling the need to comment on something one doesn't like. It's made worse when it has to satisfy lame, imposed criteria (regardless of genre), and worse still when the commentor still hasn't managed to grok the idea of constructive critique.

What you see as an act of benevolence, I see as an opportunity to vent :shrug:
I don't tend to comment on stuff I don't like, unless the OP has asked about the production, rather than the music. I find some folk don't like it if you critise their work. They want to hear how good it is ...
^^^this. People are looking for attention. Then again, the psychology of reviewer motivation is also worthy of (light) study.
Reviewer motivation? Simple. I believe you have to give to get. So yes, I comment on the tracks of others in the hopes that they'll do the same.

Imagine everybody in this sub forum posted their music to be heard but had no interest in listening to anybody else's music. You'd have a sub forum with a ton of trees falling with nobody hearing any of them land.

What would be the point in that? You might as well not have the forum at all if that's what it's going to be. The only way for this sub forum to work is if people reciprocate. Otherwise, you end up with a whole bunch of 1 post threads and a total waste of everybody's time.

vurt wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:37 pm mine wasnt ot :o
was so!

sorry, got woke up by sirens and s helicopter.
just sorting a pipe to send me back off.

ghettosynth wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:40 pm
was so!
i commented on the video mentioned in the title, therefore not off topic ;P

vurt wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:41 pm sorry, got woke up by sirens and s helicopter.
No shuffle girls?

vurt wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:42 pm
was so!
Well I commented on the title of the video mentioned in the title, how far down are we allowed to go?
Last edited by ghettosynth on Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ghettosynth wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:43 pm
vurt wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:41 pm sorry, got woke up by sirens and s helicopter.
No shuffle girls?
i should be so lucky

ghettosynth wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:44 pm
vurt wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:42 pm
was so!
Well I commented on the tile of the video mentioned in the title, how far down are we allowed to go?
follow the white rabbit..

The video went from 81 views to 137 views between the time I posted my response earlier today and now. Good job KVR!

I disagree that the track is well mixed. Listened to it once, read some feedback, listened to it again.

Firstly, I could not really hear much of a kick. There was some nice texture, but little impact, punch, of thump. When I listen to music like this I want to hear the kick. Especially when the bass came in, sometimes I could barely hear the kick at all. Carve more room for the kick in the mix.

Secondly, the bass itself needs some work too. It’s very straight up middle - mono? Sounds like it to me. Which is definitely needed for the low end, but the bass itself has lots of distortion in the low mids and mids. It felt static, and 2 dimensional to me, with some undefined, muffled lows when the kick hit.

Your midrange was nice and wide, and I would suggest adding a touch of stereo width to the low mids of the bass as well, keeping the lows mono, and maybe even running a sub underneath.

I didn’t really get a sense of space and dimension. Perhaps that’s not what your going for, and that’s cool but the track itself is flat sounding. Maybe just a touch of reverb, slightly wet, with enough predelay to draw just the very tail of the elements of the track.

To recap:

1) more defined punchy kick with some weight. Texture is good though. Carve out more room for the kick in the mix.

2) add a touch of stereo imaging, less than the mid range to the low mids / mids of the bass, less than the stereo image of the synths that make up your midrange.

3) kiss the elements with a touch of reverb using enough predelay to quietly affect the tail of your sounds.

Return to “Music Cafe”