Watch sexy shuffle girls dance to my new track "Warehouse"!

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

elxsound wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:07 pm
dark water wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:06 pm ^^ I'm staying out of this argument :p
Too late! You’re in too deep! It’s all dark water now!
:hihi:

(And to be fair to the OP, I think you've got potential with this genre.
It's just not clicking with me as a track, sorry).

ghettosynth wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:04 pm
wagtunes wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:53 pm
dark water wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:51 pm Good attempt at the 90s sound and especially the well known FX, but in fairness this lacked direction as a track and it got a tad boring after about 1 min. The drop around 1 min lacked weight - the bass and drums should have come in heavier.
I thought you were going to break into some acid (ala Josh Wink etc at one point) but sadly nothing much - the brief attempt around 2 mins was very short lived and felt like a filler for a few seconds.
The sampled vocal was overused and felt very predictable (so was tuned out like white noise) after about the 5th time.
Sorry to be harsh but this feels very much like a paint-by-numbers throwaway effort rather than anything playable in a club for example (which is surely the 90s style you were going for?).

Nice dancing in the video by alleged sexy shuffle girls.
You seem to know what you're talking about.

Hey ghetto, I guess he's not qualified to comment on it either.
No, that's a qualified review. It's not a positive review, and that's ok, not everyone will agree with everything that he's saying, but he knows dance music, you don't. He also didn't take the opportunity to just be an asshole and say things like "god is it over yet."

Perhaps he'd like to review your trance track that I posted above? I suspect not.
He can comment on anything that I've done that he likes to comment on. I don't care. I don't "demand" that people "understand" my music before they comment on it.

Biggest load of horse manure I've ever heard in my life. Learn how to listen to music.

I see you've conveniently ignored my post where I listed all the things that I didn't have to learn to listen to.

KVR. Gotta love this place.

rotku60 wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:07 pm Wags, Kudos to you for taking the time to comment on many of the postings here. You even listen to stuff you probably know you won't like just from the titles. Hopefully the OP posted to a variety of sites so as to get a cross-section of opinions.
Yeah, don't even get me started on that. Know how many people here whose music I've commented on that never bothered to comment on even ONE of my tracks?

This is about the most selfish forum I have ever attended in my life.

Like I said. Don't get me started.

TBF Wags - I like many of your musical efforts (and I think I may have commented on a couple a few months ago) because they are idiosyncratic, they stand out and also (the ones I commented on) added a lightness and humour to the arrangement which I understood.

Cheers.

dark water wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:15 pm TBF Wags - I like many of your musical efforts (and I think I may have commented on a couple a few months ago) because they are idiosyncratic, they stand out and also (the ones I commented on) added a lightness and humour to the arrangement which I understood.

Cheers.
You are in the minority. But thanks.

wagtunes wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:12 pm
rotku60 wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:07 pm Wags, Kudos to you for taking the time to comment on many of the postings here. You even listen to stuff you probably know you won't like just from the titles. Hopefully the OP posted to a variety of sites so as to get a cross-section of opinions.
Yeah, don't even get me started on that. Know how many people here whose music I've commented on that never bothered to comment on even ONE of my tracks?

You’re letting one guy get you riled up, not all of KVR.

In fact you’re commenting to someone complimenting you and focusing on the negatives of just 1 person, not all of KVR.

KVR is and always will be a mixed bag.

elxsound wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:21 pm

In fact you’re commenting to someone complimenting you and focusing on the negatives of just 1 person, not all of KVR.

Except it's not just one person. I can't even count how many tracks I've commented on in this sub forum. Few return the favor. That's just a statement of fact.

wagtunes wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:23 pm

Except it's not just one person. I can't even count how many tracks I've commented on in this sub forum. Few return the favor. That's just a statement of fact.
Well, if you want to get a bunch of random opinions on your work, now you know to get a video of shuffle girls.

rotku60 wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:07 pm Wags...You even listen to stuff you probably know you won't like just from the titles.
Nothing wrong with listening to something you know you probably won't like, whether it be out of open-mindedness, a desire to learn, or for the chance you might be wrong.

It becomes another issue when feeling the need to comment on something one doesn't like. It's made worse when it has to satisfy lame, imposed criteria (regardless of genre), and worse still when the commentor still hasn't managed to grok the idea of constructive critique.

What you see as an act of benevolence, I see as an opportunity to vent :shrug:

elxsound wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:42 pm Well, if you want to get a bunch of random opinions on your work, now you know to get a video of shuffle girls.
LOL!

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:59 pm
It becomes another issue when feeling the need to comment on something one doesn't like. It's made worse when it has to satisfy lame, imposed criteria (regardless of genre), and worse still when the commentor still hasn't managed to grok the idea of constructive critique.

What you see as an act of benevolence, I see as an opportunity to vent :shrug:
I don't tend to comment on stuff I don't like, unless the OP has asked about the production, rather than the music. I find some folk don't like it if you critise their work. They want to hear how good it is ...

im not a mixed bag.

I want a mixed bag! :tantrum:

elxsound wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:06 pm Statistical? Please do tell us more.
The likelihood of getting quality reviews is greater elsewhere. That doesn't mean that sometimes you won't get good reviews here. Said differently, on average, KVR is stodgier than other forums.
Last edited by ghettosynth on Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Seeing how this thread went, i'd say, it has been a proper success for the OP... :D

Return to “Music Cafe”