Native Instruments Massive X Synth - Sequel to Massive (Out Now!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Massive Massive X X-Squared For Massive X

Well I would but there are a ton of Mac Pro 5.1 users out there so it's inevitable some will be unhappy.

chk071 wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:14 am Blame Apple. :P
Last edited by topaz on Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

wagtunes wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:01 pmUnderstood. Again, not the point. I have libraries much larger that load in a snap. So obviously something in the programming that is loading whatever needs to be loaded is slowing down the works. It is the only library I own that does this and the load size isn't all that big at about 1 gig. I have libraries 2 times the size that load faster.

Another bug, Sometimes the keyswitching for some libraries gets fouled up and I have to hit that reload button that reloads the scripts. I shouldn't have to do this for some libraries, like the Pedal Steel Guitar library (forget the dev) that I do this for constantly. Sometimes, instruments stop working altogether.

These are all bugs. And nobody takes responsibility. The dev's blame NI and NI blames the DAW, the DAW blames the devs and around we go.

Again, I live with it all but these are bugs.
If it's keyswitches acting up, then it's 99.99% the fault of the script, so whoever developed the library is the culprit, not Kontakt itself. Looks like you meant Wavelore's pedal steel library. Yep that one is pretty old and can be a bit moody. And developer is MIA so that's not cool, too.

Again, you don't need to have a large library to have slower loading times, because it's not always raw size of sampled content that dictates the speed of loading - that's just one part of the loading equation. And SSD or not SSD, doesn't have to matter because the initial segment of loading a patch is entirely CPU-bound. If the larger library has less stuff to parse through in the NKI file, it IS usually going to load faster than the smaller library that has more intricate inner NKI workings. Slower loading time is not a bug, and is (again) not always a direct correlation to the size of a sample library. There are various factors at play here.

Which RealiTone library were you talking about, I'm asking again?

EvilDragon wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:32 pm
wagtunes wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:01 pmUnderstood. Again, not the point. I have libraries much larger that load in a snap. So obviously something in the programming that is loading whatever needs to be loaded is slowing down the works. It is the only library I own that does this and the load size isn't all that big at about 1 gig. I have libraries 2 times the size that load faster.

Another bug, Sometimes the keyswitching for some libraries gets fouled up and I have to hit that reload button that reloads the scripts. I shouldn't have to do this for some libraries, like the Pedal Steel Guitar library (forget the dev) that I do this for constantly. Sometimes, instruments stop working altogether.

These are all bugs. And nobody takes responsibility. The dev's blame NI and NI blames the DAW, the DAW blames the devs and around we go.

Again, I live with it all but these are bugs.
If it's keyswitches acting up, then it's 99.99% the fault of the script, so whoever developed the library is the culprit, not Kontakt itself. Looks like you meant Wavelore's pedal steel library. Yep that one is pretty old and can be a bit moody. And developer is MIA so that's not cool, too.

Again, you don't need to have a large library to have slower loading times, because it's not always raw size of sampled content that dictates the speed of loading - that's just one part of the loading equation. And SSD or not SSD, doesn't have to matter because the initial segment of loading a patch is entirely CPU-bound. If the larger library has less stuff to parse through in the NKI file, it IS usually going to load faster than the smaller library that has more intricate inner NKI workings. Slower loading time is not a bug, and is (again) not always a direct correlation to the size of a sample library. There are various factors at play here.

Which RealiTone library were you talking about, I'm asking again?
Realivox Ladies

Yep, I got ze Ladies. Kontakt Player version over there, or regular non-KP version? I have KP version.

It opens in less than 2 seconds over here (the "all" patch)...

EvilDragon wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:42 pm Yep, I got ze Ladies. Kontakt Player version over there, or regular non-KP version? I have KP version.

It opens in less than 2 seconds over here (the "all" patch)...
I have the Kontakt version and it takes 2 minutes. So then it is a bug in my version of Kontakt since yours works fine.

I have tried in all the sub-versions of Kontakt that I have (all the way back to 5.1.0 and to the latest 6.1.1) and loading time is the same in all of them.

EvilDragon wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:48 pm I have tried in all the sub-versions of Kontakt that I have (all the way back to 5.1.0 and to the latest 6.1.1) and loading time is the same in all of them.
The bug is obviously OS and/or DAW specific.

wagtunes wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:51 pm
EvilDragon wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:48 pm I have tried in all the sub-versions of Kontakt that I have (all the way back to 5.1.0 and to the latest 6.1.1) and loading time is the same in all of them.
Or, it's not a bug and something else on your system has a bug that is causing the problem.

ghettosynth wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:54 pm
Or, it's not a bug and something else on your system has a bug that is causing the problem.
Oh what is this, ghetto gang up on Wags day?

Do I have to put YOU on ignore too?

Have you batch-resaved?

elxsound wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:57 pm
Have you batch-resaved?
Yep, doesn't fix it.

W10 here, and Kontakt standalone, so no DAW to factor in. Also I have the same library on my W7 laptop and SSD, loads in 2 seconds as well. So two different OSes, same performance.

That said, Player libraries DO have their samples stored in monoliths, rather than hundreds/thousands smaller files spread all around, so they tend to load faster. However, 2 sec vs 2+ minutes is definitely weird.

The Ladies library is not even anything particularly heavy in the instrument. Sure it has 240 groups, but there's not a lot of FX or a shedload of modulators happening there. It's pretty lean overall. So I'm thinking it could be your drive, for whatever weird reason. Have you tried moving the library to a different drive (HDD or SSD)? That would be a good litmus test.
Last edited by EvilDragon on Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.

if its just that one library, have you changed some setting at some point perhaps?

wagtunes wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:55 pm
ghettosynth wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:54 pm
Oh what is this, ghetto gang up on Wags day?

Do I have to put YOU on ignore too?
It's a statement of fact. You don't actually know that it's a bug in Kontakt. Putting me on ignore won't stop me posting statements of fact. You're bogging down a thread with your unsubstantiated claim that this is a specific Kontakt bug and Ed, cannot replicate your "bug." That it is DAW/OS specific can probably be also tested. I simply pointed out a likely alternative that something else on your system is causing the problem.

IMHO, this is gone off topic for this thread, you should take it elsewhere.

vurt wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:05 pm if its just that one library, have you changed some setting at some point perhaps?
Nothing in that library could really impact the loading to that sort of extent, though...

Return to “Instruments”