Dark Mode Schmark Mode - what I really want

Configure and optimize you computer for Audio.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I would be so damn happy if an OS developer would make a "disable all update reminders" function. Sometimes when I switch on the computer I feel like an administrator rather than a producer.

/rant over

/C
CLUB VICE for ARTURIA PIGMENTS
HARDWARE SAMPLER FANATIC - Akai S1100/S950/Z8 - Casio FZ20m - Emu Emax I - Ensoniq ASR10/EPS

You mean OS level updates?

You can disable OS updates with third-party tools. They won't implement it back into Windows natively, it flys in the face of current company policies.

That's true. No, I meant a global place where you can turn off notifications and popups of plugins (or any other software for that matter).

/C
HARDWARE SAMPLER FANATIC - Akai S1100/S950/Z8 - Casio FZ20m - Emu Emax I - Ensoniq ASR10/EPS

I assume you mean Windows? You can turn off OS update reminders on MacOS and Linux pretty easily.

You can with some of them, although I doubt it with Plugin's.

https://www.technipages.com/disable-not ... in-windows

In Windows, you can turn off all notifications while you run a game. Maybe there's some way to have that system activate when you run your DAW, too.
Haven't really looked into it since I keep my system pretty clean and never get that many notifications.

AdvancedFollower wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:38 am In Windows, you can turn off all notifications while you run a game. Maybe there's some way to have that system activate when you run your DAW, too.
Haven't really looked into it since I keep my system pretty clean and never get that many notifications.
Never thought of that. Good suggestion! I will look into that and see what can be done on the Mac.

/C

DrGonzo wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:41 am
AdvancedFollower wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:38 am In Windows, you can turn off all notifications while you run a game. Maybe there's some way to have that system activate when you run your DAW, too.
Never thought of that. Good suggestion! I will look into that and see what can be done on the Mac.

/C
On Mac you can’t turn them off completely. However, you can set the schedule to allow them to show during a one minute period in any 24 hours.

Set ‘Do not disturb’ from, for instance, 13:01 to 13:00. That way you will only get notifications during that one-minute period. If you don’t even want them to be seen that infrequently, then set the timer from between 04:01 and 04:00.

Should work :tu:

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:51 am

/C
On Mac you can’t turn them off completely. However, you can set the schedule to allow them to show during a one minute period in any 24 hours.

Set ‘Do not disturb’ from, for instance, 13:01 to 13:00. That way you will only get notifications during that one-minute period. If you don’t even want them to be seen that infrequently, then set the timer from between 04:01 and 04:00.

And if you still want updates, but not while working, then just block off your typical work period.

/C

Damn... you are doing all the work for me. Thanks!! :tu: :hyper:

/C

DrGonzo wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:53 am

/C

Damn... you are doing all the work for me. Thanks!! :tu: :hyper:

/C
Cool 8)

DrGonzo wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 5:38 pm That's true. No, I meant a global place where you can turn off notifications and popups of plugins (or any other software for that matter).
You can disable notifications in Windows 10 using the 'Focus Assist' feature. Setting this to 'Alarms Only' essentially disables all notifications.

Obviously, this only works with notifications using the Windows notifications API - applications creating their own popups and reminders will continue to do so unless they take note of the Windows Focus Assist setting.

You can turn off notifications in Windows 10 entirely in settings without using focus assist.

DrGonzo wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 6:29 am I would be so damn happy if an OS developer would make a "disable all update reminders" function. Sometimes when I switch on the computer I feel like an administrator rather than a producer.
Sorry? How often is this occurring? I'm on the Insider Preview Slow Ring and I only get those kinds of messages a handful of times a year. You should only get them once or twice a year, at most.
DrGonzo wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:41 amI will look into that and see what can be done on the Mac.
Ah! I see your problem, you are using a computer designed for people who don't know what they are doing and need someone else to make all their decisions for them. That said, I don't get any on my Mac Pro at work so IT must have turned them off somehow.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

I don't get any update notifications on Mac unless I open the store and look for them - turned them off so long ago I can't remember how

Return to “Computer Setup and System Configuration”